172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m

Current Known Neopets Site Issues

Because the lag has set off some new symptoms for users, I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where people can check if what they're experiencing is a known problem, something potentially new, or something specific to their account. Feel free to add any more that you know about- PM or tag me with any updates you see fit.

This thread is not for discussing exploits or anything like that. Please keep that in mind.

As of 30th September, 2018:

Passwords/emails not changing: Many people are having difficulty making a password/email change 'stick' on their account, despite following the correct process. Moreover there are instances where both the new password and the old one still work. Please be careful of this.

Shockwave Games: UPDATE AUGUST- Shockwave games are now working for more players than previously. Black squares on the Hannah games are still common, and you may need to reload multiple times before some games'll work, but you should be able to get better success than previously.

Most users will not be able to play and send Shockwave games. Firefox will load them, but will not send the score. Some lucky members have been able to play and successfully send scores by experimenting with different versions of browsers and/or shockwave. (you need an account to see links) has a guide that may help you, but it will not work for the vast majority of users. This has been the case for a long time now, but has been much worse since December 2015.

3D Games: Try playing them in IE. Other browsers are very unreliable for them, but IE has best success rates.

Error when sending legit game scores: Another one due to lag- sometimes you'll get the red writing of doom telling you that your score couldn't be sent due to a 'problem.' Refreshing the game and trying again usually works, but if not another browser will often do the trick. Also remember that if you start the game just before midnight and try to send the score after midnight, it won't work. You need to refresh the page for the new Neopian day.

Error when opening Mystery Capsules: Some users have reported the following error when opening Mystery Capsules-ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. Quite likely that this is also related to the current server lag.

Bilge Dice: Down for everyone. ETA unknown.

Defenders of Neopia broken: Down for everyone. ETA unknown.

Lab image not changing: Reported by 1 user on 30/09/2018; the results page of the lab shows the original look of the pet (prior to all lab zaps, not just that one), not the current paint/species.
    Last edited by Mama Bear; 09-29-2018 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Changing to reflect current problems

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Aura (04-26-2016),bluepen (07-06-2022),Cybun (04-26-2016),Doge (05-04-2016),Fell (08-01-2016),Freeloaders_Soceity (07-18-2016),j03 (05-27-2023),Ms M. (04-26-2016),Neal Caffrey (04-22-2020),notsober (08-22-2016),Pachirisu (06-06-2019),Raposa (05-15-2016),Sakuras (06-11-2016),Spoildlittleme (04-26-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    As of right now I'm having troubles with the Trading Post, when trying to create new lots. I've gotten two kind of error messages, one saying that I don't have items to offer (while having many on my inventory) and another seen on the following screenie I took:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (04-26-2016)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    As of right now I'm having troubles with the Trading Post, when trying to create new lots. I've gotten two kind of error messages, one saying that I don't have items to offer (while having many on my inventory) and another seen on the following screenie I took:

Thanks. I think it's probably a sub-problem from the inventory one. I'll add in the details now.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/3
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    187d 15h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 9m
    For shop stock - I have seen it where when you view a shop on an account it says that it hasn't been created, but when you create it it shows that there was actually already items in there.

I'm not sure if this is new, I just noticed it on an inactive last week.

Also for Neomail, they still don't show the message that was being replied to (your last message), which is a pain in the ass since you have to remember what you offered.

Selling everything - PM me what you're looking for!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghosts For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (04-26-2016)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts View Post
    For shop stock - I have seen it where when you view a shop on an account it says that it hasn't been created, but when you create it it shows that there was actually already items in there.

I'm not sure if this is new, I just noticed it on an inactive last week.

Also for Neomail, they still don't show the message that was being replied to (your last message), which is a pain in the ass since you have to remember what you offered.
    The neomail thing has been the case for the longest time. I think that's a deliberate (if stupid) choice on their part, rather than a bug/glitch/whatever. I'll add in the shop thing though, cheers. I haven't seen that, but I mostly just SSW to price my own shit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Ghosts (04-26-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I've had errors when receiving nc items, if it happens again ill screenshot it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suicune For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (04-26-2016)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Serais View Post
    I've had errors when receiving nc items, if it happens again ill screenshot it
    Receiving as in from other users, or buying from the shop? Did they appear again properly after a while?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks for the info! I hate when I get the score error, but seeing the others, things could be much worse XD

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    8d 19h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Neomail looks like it could be getting patched up? "Error: Sorry, but this section of the site is undergoing a quick fix or revision. We'll get it back up as soon as possible!"

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    123/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    6d 8h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'd also like to add that the Auctions page only displays 1-20. When you try and go further than 20 items, it says "There are currently no auctions" (which, of course, is BS).