Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential Debate: Thoughts on Trump winning?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Trump may be good at business however, having a president that will undoubtedly start wars is not my forte and my vote will go to Bernie.
    I am more willing to trust a president who I can call by first name, hes honestly a rep of the people.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Damn Kyle back at it again @(you need an account to see links)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Maison For This Useful Post:

haiqtpi (03-31-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    4d 8h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Trump himself may be running as a joke and every bs bigoted statement might just be a play for media and coverage, but it gets scarily real that his supporters believe these things wholeheartedly and could very easily justify some very awful things under him, and they do it under his name, too. It's so easy to brush Trump and the gross things he says off as a joke, but to a lot of people who would be directly affected by the things he claims to stand for- it's a scary impending reality.

Why I would support Bernie if i could, Is because for all his faults, he's been rather transparent about what he's fighting for and has shown that his beliefs aren't just a political stunt in order to gain favour from his target audience (eg. its very easy for someone to say that they support the black lives matter movement and that they're against police brutality- EVEN IF THEY DON'T- because it gets you praise & shit) but you can just look back on his history and see that he fought for them then, he's fighting for them now. Also suggests to me that if he were in office he'd make changes & even when set back and given a 'NO' like was mentioned before, he'd keep pushing. This is something i can appreciate, in comparison to say, Ted Cruz, who's been suggested to be the type of person who will twist his image and what he says to appeal to you directly in order to get votes. Wants the win, and will say anything and 'support' anything in order to be more likable to the votes he wants.

Also, not just here, I've seen Trump supporters all over claim to support him as a result of his skills in business. I can't help but snort. That was the basis that our PM overwhelmingly won by, he came from a business background, surely he'd be good, and we're sick of all this politician bs. Well, several years down the track and the only reason he's not gone yet is that elections come so infrequently and last election the opposing party had a breakdown and no solid campaign.
    Our economy is rapidly looking worse, due to a problem he & his government knew about years in advance and did nothing to prepare for. He's said nothing about how things are now & instead of acknowledging his people are losing jobs all over, nobody can get out of the collapsing industry and it just gets worse by the day ect, he'd much rather go have a tea party and shake hands with famous faces. But I mean, he can't be worse than a politician if he's having dinner with Obama, right?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I havent read it all and viewed everyones thoughts just the opening post. So please dont attack me.

I'm a loose goose when it comes to this because i think the world is doomed in the end no matter what happens. Thinking about how fast and far we have advanced as the human race in literally a decade is amazing and devastating. We created our own poverty globally. We will ultimately blow ourselves up, not to be a conspiracy theorist but i believe it true that alien activity increases around nuclear sites for the reason of the power they have and how deadly they are. Failed missile launches are human error or sabotage? Who knows.

But I also think, because I watched Trumps very early debates, how he knew he would win (not saying he is going to i'm just restating what he was saying in the beginning) even when he had no votes and bottom of the polls. But I think half of him acting out and shit is just a publicity stunt. Maybe it is his way of making a popularity contest, and he says he appeals to the silent majority but all holds tru the silent majority is just a bunch of rowdy drunks.

Not sure if you've noticed but him acting this way has made him top news globally, hes like the most famous person in the world rn. And he hasnt even done shit but talk... really.

bad publicity in some cases is the same as good publicity if his message is getting spread. It only takes a few points to win someone over even amongst the bad, also it takes one bad point to lose someone as well.

------

All of this shit being said. I was pro Trump in the very very beginning, because I agree'd we do have a problem. And I agree, I want trump negotiating my trade deals and i'm a republican so I dont agree with welfare because of how badly it is abused in the united states.

There is a myth that was disproven in the early 2000's that welfare consisted of mostly of immigrants. Which they said was not true because it was against federal law. However, there is a loophole(s). One of which is, if you have kids and are an illegal immigrant you can collect food stamps in behalf of your kids. So that promotes having more kids, which in turn are growing up on welfare and learn to abuse the system too. Aka more kids = you get food stamps and compensation. Your kid is younger than 18 and legally you own everything they have. Why do you think there are so many kids in welfare? Not all immigrant children obv but its the motive, if your in welfare, have more kids so you can collect more free stuff.

So it is a problem.

I mean lets be real, I'm not against immigration by any means. I'm against the abuse.

But back on topic, I was pro trump, before he started opening his mouth offensively. I'm not sure if hes gotten more wild because of all the publicity and its working or if he really is thinking that non-sense. He mentioned legal immigrants in the beginning and how he just wants to rid of illegal immigrants but now its like he wants to kick everyone out.

I liked him when he talked about making america great again by bringing us out of debt and making us a world super power again. And not in the shadows of China.

But he lost me when he started attacking the innocent good people.

And now i read up and read everyones stuff.

I'm just a pot smoking hippie, dont burn me.

After reading everyones posts I see a lot of points made that are very understanding, and everyone makes a lot of sense.
    After reading everyones thoughts, i think i change my view of why people lean towards Trump.

It's not that his independent, but more so that hes crazy as fuck, and not a push over or a wuss. Our past presidents have done nothing but roll over for other countries. Fact. Why do we hate obama now? It's not so much the terrible bills passed but also the fact that he is a wuss. I think people appreciate that Trump is militaristic. And cares more about our military and military stance than most. I think people are just ready for change cuz what we got going on now is definitely not working.

I don't think he's gonna bully the world, maybe thats what all the hicks want and shit and thats what he portrays to them. But once in office, this guys been around the game for a long time. Paid off politicians. This guy owns politicians. I don't think hes just gonna say fuck em when hes in there.
    Last edited by |2eap; 04-01-2016 at 06:57 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    I havent read it all and viewed everyones thoughts just the opening post. So please dont attack me.

I'm a loose goose when it comes to this because i think the world is doomed in the end no matter what happens. Thinking about how fast and far we have advanced as the human race in literally a decade is amazing and devastating. We created our own poverty globally. We will ultimately blow ourselves up, not to be a conspiracy theorist but i believe it true that alien activity increases around nuclear sites for the reason of the power they have and how deadly they are. Failed missile launches are human error or sabotage? Who knows.

But I also think, because I watched Trumps very early debates, how he knew he would win (not saying he is going to i'm just restating what he was saying in the beginning) even when he had no votes and bottom of the polls. But I think half of him acting out and shit is just a publicity stunt. Maybe it is his way of making a popularity contest, and he says he appeals to the silent majority but all holds tru the silent majority is just a bunch of rowdy drunks.

Not sure if you've noticed but him acting this way has made him top news globally, hes like the most famous person in the world rn. And he hasnt even done shit but talk... really.

bad publicity in some cases is the same as good publicity if his message is getting spread. It only takes a few points to win someone over even amongst the bad, also it takes one bad point to lose someone as well.

------

All of this shit being said. I was pro Trump in the very very beginning, because I agree'd we do have a problem. And I agree, I want trump negotiating my trade deals and i'm a republican so I dont agree with welfare because of how badly it is abused in the united states.

There is a myth that was disproven in the early 2000's that welfare consisted of mostly of immigrants. Which they said was not true because it was against federal law. However, there is a loophole(s). One of which is, if you have kids and are an illegal immigrant you can collect food stamps in behalf of your kids. So that promotes having more kids, which in turn are growing up on welfare and learn to abuse the system too. Aka more kids = you get food stamps and compensation. Your kid is younger than 18 and legally you own everything they have. Why do you think there are so many kids in welfare? Not all immigrant children obv but its the motive, if your in welfare, have more kids so you can collect more free stuff.

So it is a problem.

I mean lets be real, I'm not against immigration by any means. I'm against the abuse.

But back on topic, I was pro trump, before he started opening his mouth offensively. I'm not sure if hes gotten more wild because of all the publicity and its working or if he really is thinking that non-sense. He mentioned legal immigrants in the beginning and how he just wants to rid of illegal immigrants but now its like he wants to kick everyone out.

I liked him when he talked about making america great again by bringing us out of debt and making us a world super power again. And not in the shadows of China.

But he lost me when he started attacking the innocent good people.

And now i read up and read everyones stuff.

I'm just a pot smoking hippie, dont burn me.

After reading everyones posts I see a lot of points made that are very understanding, and everyone makes a lot of sense.
    After reading everyones thoughts, i think i change my view of why people lean towards Trump.

It's not that his independent, but more so that hes crazy as fuck, and not a push over or a wuss. Our past presidents have done nothing but roll over for other countries. Fact. Why do we hate obama now? It's not so much the terrible bills passed but also the fact that he is a wuss. I think people appreciate that Trump is militaristic. And cares more about our military and military stance than most. I think people are just ready for change cuz what we got going on now is definitely not working.

I don't think he's gonna bully the world, maybe thats what all the hicks want and shit and thats what he portrays to them. But once in office, this guys been around the game for a long time. Paid off politicians. This guy owns politicians. I don't think hes just gonna say fuck em when hes in there.
    The problem here is that you have no actual citations or hard evidence that these are real issues, that these things are happening on such a WIDE scale that it makes sense to even talk about it campaigning. The shame here is that Americans are stupid (I am not calling YOU stupid, however), and in constant search of someone to blame for their shitty position in life. Thus, immigrants, "welfare moms," etc become easy targets--we see all these clowns talking about them, but are they really an issue? No doubt, people will come on here and chime in on how they know Sally who takes advantage of the system, but I ask you, are THESE really the issues that you think are "ruining" the country to the degree that Trump, for example, is suggesting? I sure as hell don't, and one need only have a very basic understanding of statistics to fully comprehend how illogical this whole argument is.

Like, when you simply make assertions, such as Trump (and his supporters, when trying to support their illogical support for this monster), it does not simply make them true because you can, say, yell over everyone, or have no qualms about staring into the camera and telling flat out lies. When you find yourselves believing these baseless and faceless claims, I urge you to ask yourselves what is really at play? It is scary to see implicit biases being exposed among the American people; deep-seeded resentments and discrimination, and it is horrifying--have we been this all along? Also, suggesting that we are no longer a world "superpower," why anyone even wants that title in this world, is just idiotic...again, citation? Evidence? By and large, global policy is created at our will, at least more than any other country. How exactly will Trump deal with the debt? The man wants to build an enormous wall, and thinks that he will get another country to pay for it? You realize this clown has quadrupled the cost of the wall since he started talking about it, right? He has NO idea what he is talking about, and the Mexican govt sure as hell is not going to pay for it. The reality is that Trump's net worth is nothing compared to the global economy, and many of its governing powers/people--they will not be in awe of him; he cannot intimidate them. Hell, look at Iran--the US for whatever reason is still being stubborn in their dealings with the country, and what is that accomplishing? Nothing...the rest of the world is diving in and making deals and opening up trade/dialogue. We are supposed to believe that the rest of the world will suddenly fall in line with a divisive figure such as Trump (whom they already hate), going against their own interests, because they are scared of him? LOL

The man is nothing more than a television personality--he is no tough guy; I implore you all to open your eyes and stop treating this election like a WWF smackdown. Why any of you would think that an offensive blow-hard would make a great leader baffles me--he is all talk--no actual substance or proof. Hopefully you will open your eyes and realize that his overuse of superlatives points to an extreme weakness of position and ideas. I mean, the man keeps saying that he wont give any details regarding most of his policies, "because I am not going to tell you, I do not want people to know what I am thinking." This is the oldest trick in the freaking book--you should be demanding more of the people that you are considering voting into office for town council, let alone fucking president. It is alarming to see so many people tricked by smoke and mirrors; nothing but baseless claims and assertions. I feel like people enjoy the entertainment, but this comes at the cost of failing to understand the sheer importance of this election.
    Queen Bee

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by haiqtpi View Post
    The problem here is that you have no actual citations or hard evidence that these are real issues, that these things are happening on such a WIDE scale that it makes sense to even talk about it campaigning. The shame here is that Americans are stupid (I am not calling YOU stupid, however), and in constant search of someone to blame for their shitty position in life. Thus, immigrants, "welfare moms," etc become easy targets--we see all these clowns talking about them, but are they really an issue? No doubt, people will come on here and chime in on how they know Sally who takes advantage of the system, but I ask you, are THESE really the issues that you think are "ruining" the country to the degree that Trump, for example, is suggesting? I sure as hell don't, and one need only have a very basic understanding of statistics to fully comprehend how illogical this whole argument is.

Like, when you simply make assertions, such as Trump (and his supporters, when trying to support their illogical support for this monster), it does not simply make them true because you can, say, yell over everyone, or have no qualms about staring into the camera and telling flat out lies. When you find yourselves believing these baseless and faceless claims, I urge you to ask yourselves what is really at play? It is scary to see implicit biases being exposed among the American people; deep-seeded resentments and discrimination, and it is horrifying--have we been this all along? Also, suggesting that we are no longer a world "superpower," why anyone even wants that title in this world, is just idiotic...again, citation? Evidence? By and large, global policy is created at our will, at least more than any other country. How exactly will Trump deal with the debt? The man wants to build an enormous wall, and thinks that he will get another country to pay for it? You realize this clown has quadrupled the cost of the wall since he started talking about it, right? He has NO idea what he is talking about, and the Mexican govt sure as hell is not going to pay for it. The reality is that Trump's net worth is nothing compared to the global economy, and many of its governing powers/people--they will not be in awe of him; he cannot intimidate them. Hell, look at Iran--the US for whatever reason is still being stubborn in their dealings with the country, and what is that accomplishing? Nothing...the rest of the world is diving in and making deals and opening up trade/dialogue. We are supposed to believe that the rest of the world will suddenly fall in line with a divisive figure such as Trump (whom they already hate), going against their own interests, because they are scared of him? LOL

The man is nothing more than a television personality--he is no tough guy; I implore you all to open your eyes and stop treating this election like a WWF smackdown. Why any of you would think that an offensive blow-hard would make a great leader baffles me--he is all talk--no actual substance or proof. Hopefully you will open your eyes and realize that his overuse of superlatives points to an extreme weakness of position and ideas. I mean, the man keeps saying that he wont give any details regarding most of his policies, "because I am not going to tell you, I do not want people to know what I am thinking." This is the oldest trick in the freaking book--you should be demanding more of the people that you are considering voting into office for town council, let alone fucking president. It is alarming to see so many people tricked by smoke and mirrors; nothing but baseless claims and assertions. I feel like people enjoy the entertainment, but this comes at the cost of failing to understand the sheer importance of this election.
    Just to clear the air i'm not voting this election because I don't like any of the candidates.

But I don't think this way because of Trump, I've been on the right since I was born. Was just stating some views and shit about aliens cuz we are gonna blow ourselves up.

Stop being a Trump!
    Last edited by |2eap; 04-01-2016 at 11:20 AM. Reason: for the lulz haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    Just to clear the air i'm not voting this election because I don't like any of the candidates.

But I don't think this way because of Trump, I've been on the right since I was born. Was just stating some views and shit about aliens cuz we are gonna blow ourselves up.

Stop being a Trump!
    Yeah, when I saw that you had quoted me, I realized that I did reply with quote. I didn't mean to seem like I was calling YOU out, I was just responding to the general unwellness of this Trump phenomenon lol The bottom line is this: when you need surgery, you go to a surgeon, not a florist. Trump is NOT a politician, he has no experience with the political process; he is a businessman. While he may have an idea here or there that people like in theory, in practice, the guy is a florist, not a surgeon. You need to look at the big picture, and examine practicality. The fact that Trump is not a politician should not be refreshing...it should scare each and every one of you, when you consider that he isn't running for congress...hes running for president...
    TLDL; the booty still belongs to you <3
    Last edited by haiqtpi; 04-01-2016 at 12:51 PM.
    Queen Bee

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haiqtpi For This Useful Post:

|2eap (04-02-2016),Kitten (04-01-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I'm just going to leave this here:

This election is just picking the lesser of the evils, yet again. I'm just going to vote for Deez Nuts and call it a day.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

Lincoln (05-14-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    44m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Option A: GOP caves in and lets Trump get nomination and doesn't pull shenanigans

Option B: GOP says sorry to Trump and nominates Ryan,Kasich, Cruz etc. and guarantee a Hillary win due to Trump splitting vote.

This seems like a win-win for Trump

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    37d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

Presidential Debate: Thoughts on Trump winning?

It's sad that for so many years the candidates has lied through their teeth. They never keep promises why? Congress does the law making etc before a president could ever do, like example, trump wants to decorate a lot of illegals.... Congress ain't gonna let that happen, I can tell you that now, cuz we'll go deeper in the hole with the economy. We've had a bad economy forever. So whoever wins wants to get their benefits and get out of White House after their term is up. Sad but true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk