Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential Debate: Thoughts on Trump winning?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by 5252 View Post
    I don't wanna fuck up for sure haha. But, who would you vote for an why? Throughout the three candidates i have been sort of following, Bernie Hilliary and Trump i would not want to vote for any of them
    I don't want to tell you who to vote for because your views may be different than mine. Right now im honestly not sure who I want to vote for. I know u definitely do not want to vote for Clinton or Cruz. I like some things about Trump but im on the fence. I think it would really depend who his running mate was. If he had a good VP who could balance him and talk some sense into him, I might give them my vote. I think Kasich as president with Trump as his running mate would be a decent combo. Idk who the dem would put as a running mate. I hope Sanders beats Clinton but im afraid he would make her his running mate which scares the shit out of me lol

I heard Bloomberg may be running but I haven't heard much from him. I liked some of his views. There really won't ever be a candidate Whos views 100% line up with yours and that's the struggle
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    FEEL THE BERN.

I voted for him in the caucus here a couple of weeks ago. I like his ideas but they won't get past Congress...and anyone who wins the presidency is going to be blocked by those morons. We need to remove those morons first.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

|2eap (04-01-2016),I_royalty_I (03-16-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Usually on the morning news they talk about Trump's latest insult or racist comment but it has been quite for awhile now. Has he calmed down and came to his senses about this whole thing?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    26d 23h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    i keep hearing of a conspiracy theory sorta that trump is just going for the republican nomination and tanking for hillary to get elected

idk how true it is but seems like something he would do

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    6d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    He is a terrifying and disgusting human being. I went to one of his rallies (just to see, not actively protesting but definitely not supporting) and I've never seen such a childish, hateful, finger-pointing, nonsense-spewing moron. And the people that were there supporting him were even more horrifying, because they were just so angry and aggressive and practically waiting to be set loose on someone.
    It was one of the most anxiety-inducing experiences I've had.
    I don't understand what anyone could really see in him - he's a pathological liar, ignorant of global politics and international diplomacy, and is incapable of learning. If it weren't for the fact I have one more year of college once the new president is inaugurated, I'd get the hell out.

As for who I currently support, right now it's Sanders but I'm keeping as open of a mind as possible until November comes closer. If these campaigns have shown me anything it's that things can change very quickly and I'd rather not root myself to one candidate or another just yet, but I really appreciate Sanders' authenticity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Usually on the morning news they talk about Trump's latest insult or racist comment but it has been quite for awhile now. Has he calmed down and came to his senses about this whole thing?
    It might be he's quieting down because he's been under fire about endorsing people to assault others and then paying their legal fees, except now people are actually assaulting others and getting charged. He's probably keeping hush hush so as not to raise that issue in the spotlight.

rabid artist and writer
    nerd of many fandoms

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sone For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (03-30-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I am voting for trump, not because I think he will be a great president. I personally think he will run the country into the ground; and as leader of the free world, quite possibly the rest of the world. It's not that Im sick, or a fan of entrophy. I just honestly think in the position I am now in life, if there were a total break down of infrastructure and economy I would be better off... Just sayin.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to raithi For This Useful Post:

|2eap (04-01-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    He proposed a flat tax which won my vote tbh other than that I think he's a horrible person lmao + we need a business minded individual because I'm sick of all these politicians doing nothing for us

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I don't want to tell you who to vote for because your views may be different than mine. Right now im honestly not sure who I want to vote for. I know u definitely do not want to vote for Clinton or Cruz.
    "I won't tell you who to vote for, but here's who not to vote for"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Raj For This Useful Post:

Maki (04-02-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    "I won't tell you who to vote for, but here's who not to vote for"
    That was supposed to say "I" instead of "u". Everybody who knows anything about me knows I don't say "u" on purpose! Haha
    Definitely don't vote for Hillary though. Please. Pretty please
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

14. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Raj (03-30-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I find it utterly unconscionable that an individual would vote for Ted Cruz or Donald Trump, and I now understand why many of the founding fathers of our country, such as Alexander Hamilton and crew, did not want everybody to be given the right to vote. What I have observed, and this transcends affiliation with political parties or anything of the sort, is the rise of the uneducated rabble, and quite frankly, it terrifies me, because they technically outnumber us. We have masses of uneducated people, with little to no care or knowledge of actual politics, flocking towards two crazy, yet polarizing candidates on the Republican side. What worries me is that these uneducated masses are completely ignorant to the fact that they are being used; taken advantage of just for votes.

On one side, we have Ted Cruz, a guy who is even despised by his own colleagues in the senate. He was a leading architect of the government shutdown, and has demonstrated a disdain for a functioning government; establishing himself as nothing more than an obstructionist. On top of this, the man is a religious fanatic, riding the support of the evangelical right, believing that religion has a place in policy making. This is a man who has time and time again targeted the Muslim-American community, advocating for a paroling of their neighborhood, refuses to accept a supreme court ruling regarding gay marriage (because it doesn't fit what he wants, and hes not willing to stop being obstructionist until he gets his way), and a ban on abortion based on his religious views, which in itself is ironic AF, since he condemns the Muslim world for living under theocracy. The extreme irony of this position should startle you all--the message is quite clear, "my religion is superior to any other religion in the world, and my opinions, regardless of their lacking of any sort of fact, are always right."

How can someone who claims to understand the constitution not understand the philosophies of those who wrote it? Anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of US history and 18th century politics (and the role of Protestantism in the founding of the US)...no, anybody WHO CAN READ, can clearly see that the founding fathers did not want religion to have a place in policy-making. You cannot just change the rules simply because you do not like them, a message that Ted Cruz appears to have trouble understanding. Like, the fact that Cruz does not want the senate to vote on a supreme court nomination, despite it going against the fucking constitution, is beyond me--how can you claim to "love" and want to enforce a document, but pretend that other parts do not exist? They haven't been amended....so what the fuck gives? We should all be horrified by this GAME that the Republican politicians are playing; this is nothing more than obstructionism because they are afraid of "losing the game." In no way, shape, or form, are the best interests of the country, nor those of the people, being considered--their political power is all that they care about.

As for Trump, aside from the sheer nonsense of his words and opinions, and the fact that he makes all of these grand claims without ANY sort of FACT or PROOF/CITATIONS/EVIDENCE, what scares me the most is the type of people supporting him. As a NYer, I am highly skeptical of the sincerity of Trump's words, many of us are unable to believe that he could possibly believe what he is saying. However, these largely uneducated masses that are supporting him, a demographic which he has acknowledged in the past month and a half or so, highlight the very worst of our country.

We like to call ourselves the land of the free, but how can we ever be free with such flagrant hatred and bigotry running rampant, and going unchecked? Hearing people say, "Donald says what is in my mind" is HORRIFYING--and these people actually have the ability to vote and shape our country, and they seem to be uniting. I really want you all to read about Germany; as someone who has taught university level classes on the rise of fascism and the end results, I can tell you that the comparisons are startling. I am absolutely not taking the equally stupid approach of saying, "zomg Donald=Hitler," no, I am talking about the masses--the acceptance of racial bias, the idea of a superior group, and the idea of national exceptionalism.

PLEASE think about this--look at what not so much what Trump says, but at what the people looking to elect him are saying--that is what should prevent any of you for voting for him. As for Donald, the man makes grand statements, never has facts to back them up, he simply makes assertions and speaks in superlatives, and these mindless masses eat it up--why are you not asking for proof or researching these claims and ideas yourselves?!?! Just because something is on the news or online or comes out of a politicians mouth, does not make it true. The idea that this man is not a politician should also scare you--yea, we all know that American politics are fucked up right now, but we have this clown, who suggests that he is going to deal with world leaders like he does business partners? Does he think that for a MOMENT, that the Chinese or Russians or North Koreans are going to blink twice when he tries to make some insane demand? Of course not, they are going to tell him to go fuck himself. Do you think that Putin, an ex-KGB officer, is going to be REMOTELY intimidated by this orange asshat? Do you REALLY think that world leaders, who have been in the game for so long, are going to be remotely phased by him? I sure as hell don't. It is all fluff, the man has absolutely zero evidence for any of his claims, nor details of his plans, and best of all, he uses an excuse that these idiots buy, "oh, I have a GREAT plan, but I am not going to tell you..." REALLY? Didn't we all use that when we were in like 4th grade? HOLY SHIT PEOPLE, open your eyes!

Look, there is plenty that I disagree with on the Democratic side as well, so please do not think that I am simply bashing the right--I just like facts and common sense, not mindlessness and zealotry. I have never in all of my 29 years seen such an offensive and messy presidential race. We as a country should be absolutely embarrassed. I actually feel really bad for Hillary--regardless of whether or not you like her or agree with her policies, the sexist approach to criticizing her is nauseating, the constant reminder of the Lewinsky scandal, which HAD ZERO IMPACT ON US (until a big deal was made of it), FYI, is just so classless and fucked up. Look, if people do not want to vote for her, or do not like her, great, they are all entitled to their opinions, but the personal attacks, and the low blows being taken, have demonstrated to me that perhaps our country is not ready for a female president (you may also recall Trump's comments to Fiorina)--and I think that as a nation, we should look at this phenomenon. If you don't like her, that is fine, but to randomly call someone a liar, and pretend that all politicians (AND TRUMP), or even we are citizens, do not lie or anything like that, is just hypocrisy as its finest. You do not need to make up excuses, or attack someones character to explain why you do not want to vote for them--sadly, this campaign, compliments of Trump, has caused us to forget this notion. You know what, we as a nation are to blame for this. While Trump may be the catalyst, we really need to do some soul searching and look at ourselves from the outside--look at what this country has become; look at how American citizens are treating EACH OTHER--it is disgusting.

Like, the idea that blacks or Muslims are being treated with such hostility by the followers of particular candidates really bothers me. It is shameful and not what this country is about. Hell, look at the fact that a certain demographic of our congress IS STILL trying to overturn gay marriage--there are STILL states trying to pass laws restricting rights of the LGBT community....like...really? This bullshit about "religious freedom" is infuriating--I can almost understand uneducated plebs thinking that religious freedom means that you can use religion as an excuse to say or do fucked up shit, kind of like how as kids we always used to say, "I can say that, it is a free country!"--but as we all learned later in school/life, you do not have carte blanche to say or do whatever you want. Instead of correcting this misunderstanding, certain groups in congress are pretending that they never learned any of this in law school as pertains to religion, or they are simply ignoring the law because it does not support their positions; either way this is unacceptable, and a great abuse of power.

How, in this country, can someone think that it is acceptable to deny making a couple's wedding cake due to their being gay? Whatever happened to Americans being brothers and sisters? Even beyond the whole American link, how can one person treat another this way? Like, some of you know me, how would you feel if I went to buy a wedding cake and was told flat out that they would not make my cake because I am a gay guy--do you agree with that? Trump supporters have one thing right--we do need to change things in this country, but sadly, it is them and their acerbic and bigoted rhetoric that needs to be stomped out of this country. We have seriously set ourselves back 50 years by allowing this bullshit.

Oh and a clarification regarding my statements about Hillary, while I am not going to discuss neither my political beliefs (in detail at least), nor who I am going to vote for, I will clarify that I am not necessarily a self-identified "Hillary supporter," and was not stumping for her--I was just pointing out how dirty this contest has become, and I find that the way people are treating her is disgusting--you can disagree with someone, but to take it to Trump's level is just nauseating.

Bottom line: I believe that there should be educational/intelligence requirements for voting. I feel like that brings along a greater responsibility/desire to be well-informed, and that is necessary when it comes to something as powerful as voting for the next president of the USA. While there are plenty of educated people who may for some reason support Cruz or Trump, I feel like those anomalies will be kept in check by the greater majority of people who look at things objectively, and you know, desire facts before making decisions.
    @(you need an account to see links) figured you would want to be notified that I finally wrote something :p
    Last edited by haiqtpi; 03-31-2016 at 03:34 AM.
    Queen Bee

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to haiqtpi For This Useful Post:

gooddoggo (05-14-2016),hissi (03-31-2016),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (04-03-2016),Maison (04-01-2016)