Thread: Presidential Debate: Thoughts on Trump winning?

Threaded View

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I've been following the politics of this upcoming election for what seems like forever. I feel like many people my age haven't educated themselves on all the candidates. They pick one or two issues and vote for whoever will push those the furthest. I have friends who are voting for somebody simply because they support legalizing weed. Like... seriously.. this is somebody who is going to run an entire country, how about you do a little more research and get back to me with an adult answer.

That said, at first I really liked trump because he was different. He can't be bought so he won't have to worry about making his donors happy. Regardless of what the candidates try to say, when they get big donations, the donors essentially expect the candidate to work for them and push their interest. Money talks after all. Personally, the ties to KKK and being a modern day Hitler aren't things I really take into consideration. All the candidates have ties to shady people, that's politics for you. Obama had ties to the black panthers, nobody really seemed to care much about that. Personally I feel like there are bigger issues that need to be taken into consideration here. The immigration issue is going to be a hot issue for awhile now. Different candidates handle it different ways but I feel like Trumps way of doing things would be effective, to a degree. Put a fence up, sure, but people will still find a way. What we really need is for the laws to be enforced. There are legal ways to be a citizen. If you want to be a citizen, follow those channels. Perhaps they could be made a little easier but they are there for a reason.

The economy is another thing I'm concerned about. We spend spend spend on ridiculous things. We give away so much money to other countries, many of which absolutely hate us. We sell our exports stupid cheap and they pay high prices on imports. We should play some hardball with the middle east. They can stop gouging us for gas prices and we will sell them wheat and grain at a fair prices rather than super cheap like we have been doing. I think Trump has the balls to make these hard ball type of decisions. That's one thing that I like about him. What I don't like is how STUPID he sounds whenever he opens his mouth. It's like he says the first thing that pops into his mind. He has to stop, put together sentences and articulate his thoughts. Whenever I hear him debating I want to facepalm. It's ridiculous. If I could take his business tactics and hard ball mentality and blend is with Kasich, I think we'd have a winner right there. Kasich doesnt have enough support, but I think he'd do really well.

I don't trust Rubio or Cruz. They seem like your typical politician and something about them just makes me not trust them. What would be worse though would be Hillary in the white house. Holy shit. She's a woman, and that's great, but she should not be the first woman president. Please please don't let that happen. She has a terrible track record. Her ability to shrug things off and literally not give a shit about anything is the worst quality ever. What shes doing with her email server caused one of the highest ranking generals to lose his job not long ago... but it's OKAY for her to do it. NBD.

I think Trump will be the nominee, he has so much support from the older generation as well as the younger generation. Perhaps once he gets into the white house, he will change, mellow out a little bit and realize you cant go balls to the walls and be so politicially incorrect ALL the time. Who knows. I just don't want Obama in office anymore, for plenty of reasons that I don't think need to be elaborated right now lol
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

|2eap (04-01-2016),Aeriumi (07-10-2016),Bettser (03-15-2016),Roslyn (03-16-2016),TheBaphomet (03-16-2016)