30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzy View Post
    - If I sell 10 actives to Bettser, another ten to Infamous Joe and 10 more to bacchus and them consistently coming back for more vs me just hitting one active a night, I'm sure it makes a difference

- Now you're just being silly. You can sell everything inactive or legit or genned - anything that won't affect legit players directly.

P.S. The end goal was actually listed in the first post, repeated, actually, for all to see.
    But then you have people who I'm sure will sell actives on skype, or go to other forums and push them even harder so they can get rid of them. I feel like banning something will have the opposite effect because everybody will want to do it because they can't. I know I will be securing a ton of semi active stuff this week while have the time, just because I know if I don't, somebody else will and I'd rather not lose out.

I see the intended end goal, but I don't understand how this will really get us there. I suppose we shall see though. Hopefully you're right!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    12d 7h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Does this count as active main accounts that are legit and owned/created by the seller?

Or just as acquired accounts that are active?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Quote Originally Posted by loserchild View Post
    Does this count as active main accounts that are legit and owned/created by the seller?

Or just as acquired accounts that are active?
    Active as in, someone else owns it and you have access to it

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    99d 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    i am SO for this. it's important to keep buyers/sellers safe, and since most ppl are anonymous here we wouldnt know if we'd be hitting a fellow member. it's just not right imo, i'm very happy about this change

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lazuli For This Useful Post:

Corliss (03-08-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    It can be complicated on a cheating site to draw lines as to how far is too harmful, especially in a community based game. It can ultimately be argued that even auto buying hurts legit players because we're nabbing things up with little effort or skill on our part or that score sending is stealing just one more spot in the gold trophy range on the high score table each month. Regardless I do believe that there is a big difference between someone missing a morphing potion at a restock and someone getting locked out of their account overnight and losing 5-6 years worth of work and sentimental value all so someone could make a couple hundred bucks. Even without a dwindling player base, raiding actives is where I personally draw the line.

I do imagine that after the initial secured actives are hit & secured by those who currently own them, there will be less of a motivation for those sellers to continue to break into actives knowing it's going to be much harder to sell them.

I think there have been quite a few instances on this forum even in the few months I've been back into this stuff that I've seen conversations break out in threads over user disagreements about selling and raiding active accounts. Many clraik members have shown strong opposition to the sale of actives on this forum. In fact, more than any other forum I've been a part of in years past. This is the most helpful & honest neo-cheat forum I have ever been a part of and I think that this decision is in line with the values of the majority of the users here. I'm really glad to see that the support and opposition to this decision has been discussed constructively thus far.

All in all I think neopets has changed, and while most of the inactivity on the site is due to the lack of things to do since JS has taken over, neopets players are more aware of cheating methods than ever before. 6-7 years ago if someone had a pet stolen everyone on the boards was like "Hurr durr why would somebody want to steal my pixels?? Why can't they get their own?" They weren't aware of the black market or that cheaters were motivated by real-world money and not pixel lust. Nowadays every stalker on the PC is out to get you for that shiny UC you just bought.

We have to start rethinking our approach to battle the less-naive neopets userbase as the years go on. If we want our community to grow to bring in more potential program users and buyers of inactive/legit goods, it may be beneficial to align our values in a way that doesn't make us seem like such bad guys.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cinnamon For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (03-07-2016),Bettser (03-07-2016),Corliss (03-08-2016),DJ Music Man (03-07-2016),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (03-08-2016),j03 (03-07-2016),Kit (03-08-2016),Mama Bear (03-08-2016),Pusheen (03-07-2016),Yuni (03-08-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    But then you have people who I'm sure will sell actives on skype, or go to other forums and push them even harder so they can get rid of them. I feel like banning something will have the opposite effect because everybody will want to do it because they can't. I know I will be securing a ton of semi active stuff this week while have the time, just because I know if I don't, somebody else will and I'd rather not lose out.

I see the intended end goal, but I don't understand how this will really get us there. I suppose we shall see though. Hopefully you're right!
    But that's a pain in the ass.

This place is like bringing your goods to Walmart vs what you're suggesting is similar to selling home by owner. It deters selling actives, nobody said it was going to bring an end to it.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    I was against this a few months ago, but I'm glad we're making this step now!

We may be making it harder for newbies to break into the market, but it's better for people to put in more work and dedicate themselves where they need to for two reasons.

They better educate themselves on what needs to done in order to sell correctly, safely, and efficiently.
    The people selling learn how to secure with inactive accounts. If an active gets frozen, it does a significant amount more impact than it does to an inactive getting frozen.

Overall, it's a very positive turn for the community and the market.
    100% behind this decision!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    47d 17h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I think it's a good idea because when an active is sold you may be (unknowingly) selling the account of a clraik member. Even if they're not a clraik member, I don't think any active Neopets player deserves to have their account stolen.

Selling inactives is fine because chances are the owners aren't coming back and won't even miss what's been stolen/sold. But actives? Someone out there does care, they will be upset, and you'll ruin the Neo experience for them forever :c so if we can help to prevent that from happening even just a little bit, then I think that's a good decision.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    21d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    While I can't opine from a seller's point of view, I can say from a buyer's point of view that this is great news to me!

I'm a timid buyer. I usually only buy NC and the occasional NP item that I can pick up in the pound, but seeing this rule makes me more open to the possibility of buying other things. I would never buy anything off of an active account anyway because I love my account too much to risk it and I don't like the idea of taking something that belonged to someone that will almost certainly miss it.

I know sellers sell to other sellers but at some point down the line there has to be an end-buyer, and I'd imagine most end-buyers want safe, inactive items that have been secured a long time. Being paranoid has kept my stuff safe for years. I'm paranoid enough to the point where I use proxies and shells to transfer even NC... so... you could raid my active main and make a couple hundred bucks, not even knowing you hit your own customer and making me quit Neopets, or you could keep a cash cow like me flowing month after month selling inactive things that I buy for myself, my friends and my family.

Ultimately I agree with the principle of trying to diminish the slow death of Neopets, and I think more potential buyers like me would join up if the risk and their own moral dilemma was minimized.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sugar Rush For This Useful Post:

Bettser (03-08-2016),DJ Music Man (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Tbh I never touch anything active (unless someone personally owns that pet)

I would hate it having to battle with tnt just to get back an account because they take too long to do so. A few weeks ago someone ran round the pc breaking into accounts. 30% of the people no longer had access/forgotten the email and had dwindling odds getting back their accounts.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suicune For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (03-11-2016)