DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I have a Kindle and also have a bunch of books I read from, the best of both worlds.

[/FONT]

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    248 times
    Time Online
    58d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Nothing beats the smell of a real book... I do, however, adore Audiobooks for long drives.

I love Jess

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    9d 16h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath View Post
    I also prefer real books over ebooks. I love the scent of a new book and the feeling of shopping in a library is the best. I feel more relaxed when I read a paper book than when I spend hours reading on a tablet. Also, a full bookshelf is the best asset you can have in a house to be honest. I love going back through my older books when I get bored and I sometimes take notes in it or highlights some sentences that touched me on an emotional level. I just think paper books should be appreciated more. They are definitely worth a lot to my eyes.
    Agree with you.

Ebook can't replace the scent and feeling of a paper book. However, most (more than 95%) of the book I read is in electronic format, this is because it's very convenient buying with 1 click on Amazon and then read it on my kindle haha.

Regarding audiobooks, I don't like them because you read faster and talking.
    Last edited by Kenji; 02-09-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    265/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Well since technology is advancing so much it is much easier and convenient for people to read ebooks through almost any device. Although the real pleasure of reading comes with flipping pages and the scent of a brand new book is uncomparable.
    Neopoints For Sale : Safest , Purest , Realest ! : Only 2$ / Million : In Stock : 78.396.636 /92.656.022

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    20h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Nothing beats the feel of a real book, and the scent of a new book (keyword: new). I was sure that I'd never buy an e-book reader, however I eventually caved in and bought a Kindle. Never looked back on that purchase, it was a good decision that improved my quality of life.

I no longer have to worry about getting more shelves to store my books, or my books getting damaged. I can read in the dark without turning on the light thanks to the backlight, and easily transport all my reading material wherever I go. Of course, this just means I have to take care of a more expensive item. Once my e-book goes kaput, that's it. Instead of shelling out money to replace one book, I'll have to replace my reading vehicle.

With all that said, I still go to the book store to browse books.
    Last edited by alfa_romeo; 02-12-2016 at 06:18 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    12d 15h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur View Post
    I have a Kindle and also have a bunch of books I read from, the best of both worlds.
    ^ This. I adore having a proper book to read, its just not the same as an Ebook!
    However, the kindle etc is so so handy while travelling, or just not being able to wait to read a book and being able to get one fast! ^^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Between a real book and an ebook, real book has it all the way. That said, 90% of the books I 'consume' these days are in audiobook form - driving to and from work, sitting around, etc... - good stuff if you haven't tried it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    5d 3h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I love ebook because is easy to carry around and ebooks never get dirty. Otherwise, ebook don't have that feeling of a real book, that feeling of changing the pages and seeing the book ending.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If it's for studying purposes, like textbooks. I would prefer having an actual book.
    Much easier to "bookmark" certain pages for reference, easier flipping between those pages.

But if it's a storybook, I'll definitely prefer ebook. Much lighter, less bulky.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Books > e-Reader (E-Ink) > Tablets