Quote Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
Another solid guide, @(you need an account to see links). Sincerity is key, and I definitely agree with Joe about eschewing the cliches that are so easy to paste. Really articulating what about that job/career makes you passionate is paramount; if you're struggling with this part, then it's probably a good sign that you're heading into the wrong line of work for you. I remember having an interview for a hardware store check-out job, being asked why I was passionate about hardware. I wasn't. It was a job to pay the bills during uni. Sometimes, you just need to be honest about that, especially if it is clearly intended to be a temporary stepping stone.
Right. If I wanted to copy/paste I would just give everyone the URL and say have at it!
Definitely true though. If you can't back it up it's a good way to assure it shouldn't be your long-term goal for a line of work. Also important to have the answer to a question like that before you go into an interview because you'll likely be asked that question in some form.