DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I haven't done much with this lately but things have been pretty crazy as of late. I really want to get back to the gym again though. I didn't realize how crappy not going to the gym makes me feel. I sleep better after a good workout and just feel better overall.

I've made some slow changes to my diet, better to change it up slower rather than all at once. I need more chicken recipes though. I eat a lot of chicken but I use things like breadcrumbs, cheese or sauces and I feel like that takes out some of the nutritional value. Anybody have any chicken recipes that are delicious but healthy? My cousin told me to get a crock pot, toss a bunch of chicken and some hot sauce in there and let it go for a day and I'll be set. Don't have a crock pot yet though. Struggles.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I haven't done much with this lately but things have been pretty crazy as of late. I really want to get back to the gym again though. I didn't realize how crappy not going to the gym makes me feel. I sleep better after a good workout and just feel better overall.

I've made some slow changes to my diet, better to change it up slower rather than all at once. I need more chicken recipes though. I eat a lot of chicken but I use things like breadcrumbs, cheese or sauces and I feel like that takes out some of the nutritional value. Anybody have any chicken recipes that are delicious but healthy? My cousin told me to get a crock pot, toss a bunch of chicken and some hot sauce in there and let it go for a day and I'll be set. Don't have a crock pot yet though. Struggles.
    Let me know what sort of flavors you like or do not like and I will try to find some recipes for you. If you are looking for healthy you need to avoid any bottled marinades, sauces, or glazes. Hot sauce has a lot of salt in it. Substitute hot sauce for cayenne pepper. Careful though the heat gets very strong very quickly. Healthy eating means you need to put effort into making your meals though. It's nice to have the quick frozen breaded chicken breast type meals but your heart and liver will not like it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (02-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Let me know what sort of flavors you like or do not like and I will try to find some recipes for you. If you are looking for healthy you need to avoid any bottled marinades, sauces, or glazes. Hot sauce has a lot of salt in it. Substitute hot sauce for cayenne pepper. Careful though the heat gets very strong very quickly. Healthy eating means you need to put effort into making your meals though. It's nice to have the quick frozen breaded chicken breast type meals but your heart and liver will not like it.
    Putting effort in isn't a problem. My classes are online and I am working during the weekends right now. So I am able to take some time and properly prepare things. I have been trying to avoid all the frozen meals because of just how terrible they are for you.
    I'm pretty open to all sorts of flavors. My gf likes to cook but she got a new job and is gone a lot of the time so I'm trying to plan out things while shes gone. I've got a ton of spices that I can use and can get whatever I'm missing. I like flavorful things. Spicy is good. Sort of that Mediterranean, Indian type of flavor is delicious. I had Thai for the first time not too long ago and it was delicious. I've been looking for recipes to sort of get that kind of a flavor without a ton of salt or other things that might kill any nutritional benefits.
    I'm pretty much open to whatever, but wanted to get some suggestions to see if you guys had any go-tos that you loved

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Some suggestions. I will look through my cook books and other recipes to find more.

Indian Butter Chicken

Very good. Key is letting the onions caramelize, the longer you let them cook the darker and more sweet the onions get. The heavy cream is the least healthy part so it is uo to you to make it more or less healthy. Still beats store bought so I add more cream. Serve over Basmati, Jasmin, or your choice of rice. Makes a lot but it is great as leftovers for work lunches.

Jerk Chicken

Awesome flavors but very very spicy. Reduce heat by taking the seeds and white membrane out of the habaneros. You can even omit the habanero and replace with serrano or jalapeno pepper with seeds to make it spicy but not jerk spicy. Some people are not fond of jerk marinades because of the allspice. I personally love it. Can be used on chicken, pork, beef, fish, even vegetables.

Blackened Chicken Rub

Simple but very tasty. Control the heat and salt to your liking, I reduced both by half. You can always add a bit more salt after. Grilling is the best choice but stove top works too. Pan fry, in a cast iron skillet if you have, on high heat to get that blackened, but not burnt, crust on the chicken. Turn on the fans and open the windows because it will smoke. I pan fry it first to get the crust then put in a baking dish to finish cooking in the oven.

Last edited by Sci_Girl; 03-02-2016 at 02:11 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Aska (03-01-2016),I_royalty_I (03-01-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Those all sound very tasty @(you need an account to see links)! Im tempted to give the Indian one a shot tonight. I like the sound of that spice combination. Gotta make a run to the store anyway as im out of just about everything right now lol.
    Id probably go light on the cream and then add if necessary. Probably better to go that route.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    A few more I make all the time. Hope there are at least a few ideas in these recipes for you.

Garlic and Herb Marinade

Quick, tasty. I use on shrimp quite often. Good on chicken breast too. Fresh herbs are best. If you use dried herbs cut the amount to less than half that is mentioned, dried have more potency if they have not been sitting in the back of the cupboard for years. To note 1 tbsp = 4 tsp.

Honey and Dijon Marinade

My favorite to do on pork tenderloin. On a piece of salmon works very well. A bit more sugar than other recipes but I just tell myself it is not store bought so it is better for me lol.

Fajita Seasoning

Fantastic with leftover chicken, steak, porkchops. Just shred chicken. Chop steak or porkchops into thin pieces, best not to shred. If it is not leftover then take 1-2 raw chicken breasts and cut into thin fajita sized strips, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick depending on how thick you like the pieces. Great all around seasoning you can also use for cooked veggies instead.

Easy Quinoa Salad

Quick, tons of protein due to the super grain Quinoa. Perfect for lunches as it tastes better the longer it sits in the fridge. Can replace the quinoa with a can of beans, like chickpeas or a bean medley.

Last edited by Sci_Girl; 03-01-2016 at 06:29 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (03-03-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post

George foreman grill ftw

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vindictive For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (03-03-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    So I think I am going to go ahead and hop in this as well. I really do want to get myself in better shape, but I always end up losing the motivation to keep going. Hopefully getting to post on here just about every day that I completed my routine will continually push me to keep going. I want to do this workout at least through a few sets every morning whenever I wake up from now on:

My only main goal from here on out is to be significantly more in shape than I was a few months previously. So hopefully in 2 or 3 months, I will get that feeling. I eat pretty well as it is, so I am not worried about my weight or diet (other than eliminating pop from the equation), but I definitely do want to start putting on muscle. Let's hope today is the first day of a brand new journey for me!

Progress Tracker
    Last edited by GOAT; 03-13-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    being fat forever and eating pizza

JK, I'm trying Kayla Itsine's BBG program.
    It's $1 for 21 days, so might as well go for it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    38d 16h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Started dieting again, trying keto one more time