Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m

✽ ☰ cK Gets Fit! ☰ ✽

Welcome welcome, one and all!

As many of you know if you’ve ever tried to challenge yourself with a fitness-related goal, staying motivated and feeling truly challenged is significantly easier when you’ve got other people around to support you and keep you accountable. That’s what this little group/thread is here for!

Whether you’re a complete beginner and you have no idea what baby steps you need to take to get started or you’re a pro who is just looking to help others or find that extra little challenge for yourself, this thread is open to anyone and everyone at all fitness levels. The same is true if you’re looking to lose a lot of weight, just tone up, or even just supplement a fitness program you’re already following. We’re not here to judge; we’re here to support and motivate, no matter what our fitness goals are.

On this thread, you’ll find monthly challenges to participate in with me and any others who join (that is, if you accept them ), daily motivation, a section for your personal monthly goals, fitness app contact information if you need an accountability partner, motivational fitness journey stories, advice, healthy recipes, and more. Beyond that, I will be offering monthly prizes to those individuals who complete the monthly challenge with me as well as those who meet their own personal goals.

If you have any suggestions for the group/thread or ideas you’d like to see implemented, please don’t hesitate to PM me! I want this to be as beneficial as possible for as many people as possible. Also, if you have specific questions or concerns – whether about the best exercises to get started, technique, healthy eating, how to break bad habits, etc. – please don’t hesitate to post! That’s what we’re here for. If you don’t want to post publicly, you are also always more than welcome to PM me.

Sooooo cK, who wants to get fit?! Who’s with me?!

✽ ☰ MONTHLY CHALLENGE ☰ ✽

Instead of waiting until February to get started, who wants to join me with this daily challenge to finish out January?! Do this series of moves once every day – just follow the arrows! Too challenging? No worries – just cut the time/repetitions in half or modify as you need to (with push-ups on your knees, for example), but work to build your stamina up over the next 2 � weeks! Doing the best you can without quitting is always the goal! Too easy? You beast! How about increasing the time/reps to make it more challenging? Let’s do this! Post here each day when you’ve completed your challenge!

If you’re uncertain about how to do something, just ask!

✽ ☰ MONTHLY GOALS ☰ ✽

Share your monthly goals by posting them on the board, and I’ll add them to the list!

✽ ☰ FITNESS APPS & BLOGS ☰ ✽

If you have an account with a fitness app or a fitness-related blog and feel comfortable sharing it with others so they can add you or follow you for support and motivation, please PM me or post here and I’ll add you to the list!

✽ ☰ FITNESS JOURNEY MOTIVATION ☰ ✽

My plan is to include one motivational or encouraging fitness journey story here each month (or maybe each week). If you have a story of your own or favorite fitspo, please PM me! I’d love for these to be personal and specific to members on cK, but I find any motivational stories inspiring and encouraging!

Until the first fitsporation in February, though, anyone interested can check out my favorite fitness blog: (you need an account to see links)

I love motiveweight because they only accept submissions with healthy weight loss practices. Every journey and every stage is celebrated, and it’s real people with real, healthy encouragement and progress updates about their own weight loss.

✽ ☰ PRIZES ☰ ✽

Alright, y’all! I’m no Daddy Warbucks and, compared to some of y’all, I suck at neopetting… but I will work to have some nice, secure/legit neo prizes available for those who complete the monthly challenge each month (or at least a majority of the days!), as well as for those who post and share their personal goals and work toward them.

At this point, I don’t want to overcommit myself on prizes, soooo let’s just say that everyone who participates in the daily challenge and posts here that they completed it every day (or nearly every day) AND everyone who posts their personal monthly goals and works to meet them will get a prize from me! It might be small, but there WILL be a prize!

For larger milestones and personal accomplishments, I’ll award larger prizes – VIP for a month, high-value ETS or NC, larger pools of NP, etc. So, let’s get to work!

Last edited by rachel; 01-24-2016 at 02:23 PM.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

5252 (01-13-2016),Allegra (01-24-2016),Aska (01-13-2016),Cath (01-13-2016),Cub (04-12-2016),Curse (01-13-2016),Drizzy (01-13-2016),Elf (01-16-2016),fairydust201 (01-14-2016),Ghosts (01-24-2016),j03 (01-13-2016),Maison (01-13-2016),Mindfang (01-19-2016),Mophead (01-16-2016),potatoespotate (01-17-2016),Pusheen (01-14-2016),Raj (01-16-2016),Sci_Girl (01-13-2016),Skarner (01-14-2016),Water (01-19-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    I love this! When I first saw that monthly challenge, I thought each bubble was 1 day... Now I get that we need to do ALL bubbles everyday?? I'm not sure if I can keep up with that much since I have never really worked out, but I'll definitely try exercising with you!

My monthly goal would be:
    - Only eat pastas 1-2 times a week (instead of like.... almost everyday oops)
    - Do the plank (1 minute) and three series of 10 push-ups everyday
    - (more to come in Feb)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I can buy people VIP for completing goals xDDDD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath View Post
    I love this! When I first saw that monthly challenge, I thought each bubble was 1 day... Now I get that we need to do ALL bubbles everyday?? I'm not sure if I can keep up with that much since I have never really worked out, but I'll definitely try exercising with you!

My monthly goal would be:
    - Only eat pastas 1-2 times a week (instead of like.... almost everyday oops)
    - Do the plank (1 minute) and three series of 10 push-ups everyday
    - (more to come in Feb)
    Yes! It shouldn't be more than 15 minutes if the whole thing is done in series, but definitely feel free to cut the time or repetitions down! I'm for sure doing "girl push-ups" because I can't do regular ones for the life of me, haha, so any way that you need to modify it to make it work is a-okay, I think!

& I'll add your goals! You got this!
    Also pasta is so good, mmmm.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    242 times
    Time Online
    123d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    This is nice! I hope a lot of people get involved in this! I know I go to the gym 4x a week for the past month or so, and plan on continuing that.

Also, crunches / any type of situp is TERRIBLE for your back. My coach who just finished up his master's program on personal fitness readjusted our core workouts after (XC) practice to the extent where we never did any form of crunches, sit-ups or anything that closely resembled them due to his research and what he was taught.
    So just be aware of this, if possible, you may want to do some sort of alternative on the crunches days for the core challenge!

Can't wait to see how many people get involved with this though

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I'm trying to stick to a regime of walking at least 30 minutes every night. It's what my doctor cleared as safe for me through the pregnancy. If any of you have experienced Australian summer though, you'd see why this is hard to stick to (especially since I need to be very careful about overheating, since Poliwag can't regulate her temperature). We already wait until night, to minimise the heat, but some days are just uncooperative; those ones where the heat and humidity linger all night long are the days we skip.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by looklook123123 View Post
    This is nice! I hope a lot of people get involved in this! I know I go to the gym 4x a week for the past month or so, and plan on continuing that.

Also, crunches / any type of situp is TERRIBLE for your back. My coach who just finished up his master's program on personal fitness readjusted our core workouts after (XC) practice to the extent where we never did any form of crunches, sit-ups or anything that closely resembled them due to his research and what he was taught.
    So just be aware of this, if possible, you may want to do some sort of alternative on the crunches days for the core challenge!

Can't wait to see how many people get involved with this though
    What are the alternatives? :o
    I've never heard anything about crunches being bad for the back, just that it's important to balance them out with back exercises like supermans & what-not - I'll need to look into it!

Maybe I'll replace them with v-ups to avoid bending my back that way?

Quote Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
    I'm trying to stick to a regime of walking at least 30 minutes every night. It's what my doctor cleared as safe for me through the pregnancy. If any of you have experienced Australian summer though, you'd see why this is hard to stick to (especially since I need to be very careful about overheating, since Poliwag can't regulate her temperature). We already wait until night, to minimise the heat, but some days are just uncooperative; those ones where the heat and humidity linger all night long are the days we skip.
    Ahhhh, anything in the summer heat is hard for me to handle outside, so I can imagine how tough that is!
    I have to do all my workouts indoors because I have absolutely no patience for uncooperative weather.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    That is an intense core challenge right there. Well...it is to me lol. I tried to do a crunch just now, could not lift myself up. Zero core strength, actually in the negative not even a zero lol. I will give it a shot though maybe skipping crunches and replacing with longer planks or jumping Jacks.

I can help with meal ideas, I am knowledgeable about food and the culinary arts. I can also do the nutrition side of things like what to avoid.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Cath (01-13-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    That is an intense core challenge right there. Well...it is to me lol. I tried to do a crunch just now, could not lift myself up. Zero core strength, actually in the negative not even a zero lol. I will give it a shot though maybe skipping crunches and replacing with longer planks or jumping Jacks.

I can help with meal ideas, I am knowledgeable about food and the culinary arts. I can also do the nutrition side of things like what to avoid.
    That would be awesome!!
    I was thinking of preparing a related second thread specifically where people can post ONLY their healthy recipe suggestions, as a sort of "healthy recipe book" for people to browse or refer to when they're thinking of something to prepare.

I know I could sure use some meal suggestions!
    Carbs are my downfall, so I have to be veeeeery careful, even when it comes to "healthy" carbs like brown rice, oats, and quinoa.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    I'm totally up for the recipes book thing! I really need to buy myself some new recipe books since I'm almost always eating the same things week after week. I also need to eat more healthy as I'm starting to get my old habits back.