DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    2h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well, when we were tested on them.. My best was 74 in two minutes. Now? 50 before I die.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/0
    Mentioned
    197 times
    Time Online
    46d 11h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    about 30 something xD havent tried in a while

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I tried, could not do 1. It hurt my stomach muscles so much. I clearly have no strength. There has not been a day in my life that I enjoyed working out or exercising so I simply stopped. It would be nice to one day be fit and have the nice young body, I have a very high metabolism so I never gain weight but I know being fit would still be a good thing. Maybe one day I will get over my absolute loathing of feeling exhausted during a workout. That is the main reason I do not do anything, I get no "high" during a run or workout and such like other people do. I just get the pain, exhaustion, feeling tired and a purely miserable feeling.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    21h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Like...20 :/

I need to build that up somehow

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    97 times
    Time Online
    9h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Martial arts are good, as well. Not only do you get a good cardiovascular workout, increased flexibility and muscle strength, you also a gain a practical skill (not to say that knowing how to pole dance isn't practical!).

I'd recommend Krav Maga, or Hapkido. At the moment, I do both twice a week. Even though I was already quite fit before starting, I feel so much healthier after about a month of doing those.
    Fatality.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    lolol20

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    This might sound weird, but what got me into exercising was when I started taking pole dancing classes.
    Actually it is not weird because I have considered poll dancing classes lol. Why? Because it keeps you moving without having the plain boring 2,3,4 rep of 10 push ups type routine. I cannot stand monotonous pull this cord, push that bar, pull this cord, pull that bar...over and over. Not fun. At least with poll dancing you can move and such but not go into dull routine monotone stuff. And on top of that at least it is a variety of people who will all be as inexperienced. Though I despise dancing, I avoid any and all situations that involve a dancing or moving a lot for that manner (hence I do not play sports) but the poll dancing is not full out dance all over the floor make a total idiot of yourself type stuff. It is controlled movements for the most part and not an outburst like regular dancing is.

I told my boyfriend that I may join a pole dancing class because it is not as involved as sports and I do not loath the idea like I do with gym work and such...his first reaction was not "oh that is a good idea because I know you will not go to a gym", no, it was "wicked so you are going to stip for me and be all flexible right?". That made me sad pole dancing is not automatically stripping, it is a fitness class for those who do not want to go to the gym.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    97 times
    Time Online
    9h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    pole dancing is not automatically stripping, it is a fitness class for those who do not want to go to the gym.
    I'm sorry to say, but as a guy, I can tell you that this is the first thing comes to mind when I think of pole dancing classes.

To a man, it's probably a bit like saying you want to be a mobster to try and broaden your social network, meet a few new people.

No, usually it's because you want to make money killing people.

Unfortunately, that is the just what pole dancing represents in society. Otherwise, it sounds like a completely valid, respectable fitness workout: to me, at least.
    Fatality.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I'm sorry to say, but as a guy, I can tell you that this is the first thing comes to mind when I think of pole dancing classes.
    Oh I know it is a gut reaction of sorts, but it is just that I have brought it up a few times with him to honestly say it is something I would consider as an alternative to the stuff I hate. First reaction is fine as a joke and so on, it is the fact that I mention it over and over that it is not to take my clothes off and yet it is always a "well you need to strip no matter what now". He legitimately feels that if I enter a class like this, even though it specifically says "no stripping is involved", that I should and that I am supposed to start stripping away. It is to gain confidence and to help with fitness, not to strip lol end of story.

Anyway, I tried another push up and did two lol yay. Tried a sit up as well, did one! lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    97 times
    Time Online
    9h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah, I was only talking about the first reaction. If he keeps on about it, that's not quite right. I mentioned martial arts: I do that for fitness, and for self defence, not to go around beating people up. That's a similar misconception that people have, and it's not correct at all.

Good work! You'll get there, soon enough. If you find one difficult, take a break as soon as you do it, then come back a minute later. You're going to want to keep your repetitions in sets of three, no matter how many each one contains, so to start: one rep, break, one rep, break, one rep, and you're finished!
    Fatality.

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast