Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    13h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

How to get past a stall?

Kind people who are knowledgeable about weight loss, a friend of mine has been working on losing weight and lately he's hit a stall in his progress. Currently he's been dieting via calorie tracking using an app on his phone and has been very good about keeping up with it and not cheating about his meals. Exercise isn't really a thing he's been doing, but he was making decent progress up to this point. I want to be as supportive as I can so I figured I would ask the internet for their thoughts on the matter so that I could try to give him advice and help him get back on track.

Have any of you hit stalls? How did you get past them?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Unless he maintains less calories in than calories out he will not lose anymore weight, in fact he will likely gain it back by not being in the proper mindset. Without the "I have to do this" mind there will be no progress.

The exercise does not need to be back breaking, exhausting, sweating buckets, spending hours a week in the gym. One can literally take the dog for a nice walk or shovel the driveway (I am Canadian so we get a good workout from our driveways). It can be simple things as long as one gets up off the couch to do them. I despise anything hard or exhaustive when it comes to exercise. But taking the dogs for a walk provided a nice distraction from the annoying aspect of it actually being exercise. Maybe go do things with your friend as a study buddy type deal so that you can keep your friend in that groove. Friends tagging along helps immensely.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    151/1
    Mentioned
    442 times
    Time Online
    122d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsicle View Post
    Kind people who are knowledgeable about weight loss, a friend of mine has been working on losing weight and lately he's hit a stall in his progress. Currently he's been dieting via calorie tracking using an app on his phone and has been very good about keeping up with it and not cheating about his meals. Exercise isn't really a thing he's been doing, but he was making decent progress up to this point. I want to be as supportive as I can so I figured I would ask the internet for their thoughts on the matter so that I could try to give him advice and help him get back on track.

Have any of you hit stalls? How did you get past them?
    He should track more then cals, track carbs, fats, and what he is eating, amount of meals also.
    I went on a stall recently (sort of). I've been working out for a while now, and or i'm just really hungry 24/7. I eat a shit ton of meals a day. I learned and just got motivated i'm working for something, CHANGE IT!!! So i learned to control myself, eat less. 3 real meals.

But, i lost motivation. I'm trying to gain it back. If i'm working towards something, it's never easy

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    13h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks for the input both of you Walks sound good, I'll probably convince him to go on small hikes in the park with me as a start, maybe get some other friends too and make it a bigger group activity.

I'll also encourage to look a bit more closely into the specific nutrition of his meals. I know he's made a lot of improvement based on his previous meals but I'm sure there are still points of improvement he can still make.