Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vent? Who are you 'supposed to like' but you just can't stand?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    120/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    26d 19h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    No one
    If someone pisses me off I cut them out, I have no time for fake friends and fake people or any kind of asshole

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowCreature For This Useful Post:

Guy (11-23-2015)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    I'm another to say their mum. She's just always been so different to me, and has never understood my personality. 27 years later, and she still can't tell when I'm being facetious/joking. It gets really old, as I have to be someone I'm not.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Banannie (11-22-2015),Bani (11-23-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    myself honestly

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tapir For This Useful Post:

Bani (11-23-2015),teddy (11-23-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    35d 10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Media slaves. Bandwagonners(is that a word?). The usual trend happy fuck tards.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Goten For This Useful Post:

teddy (11-23-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    28d 11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    It sounds like she has a strong victim mentality.
    My brother is like this. He's deaf and does insensitive things that are non issues when related to deafness, yet uses it as an excuse so he doesn't have to change his behavior. I'm working on trying to understand and love him, because when my parents die they want to put him in an institution and I've decided to care for him instead. It can be difficult to love someone who refuses to look at themselves introspectively and instead takes the route of feined helplessness. Oddly enough, he would actually love being institutionalized and cared for forever, so idk.

Families are weird, sometimes you gotta break free from the insanity.
    That's incredibly kind of you to do. But why does he have to be institutionalized? Some deaf people are perfectly able to live on their own independently, though granted they do have to make special living arrangements like warning lights instead of an alarm (for example) among other things... Is he just spoilt b/c he plays the victim mentality so often and your parents just play along or something? or is there more to his deafness that deters him from becoming independent?

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCreature View Post
    No one
    If someone pisses me off I cut them out, I have no time for fake friends and fake people or any kind of asshole
    If only life were that simple though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    My little sister. I honestly cannot remember a time when we actually got along =\ haven't spoken to her in years.
    When we lived under the same roof there was constant fighting over the most ridiculous things. I learned to just ignore her and stopped talking to her. It eventually escalated to her just making up terrible things I did or said to her and telling them to my parents. I slapped her in the face one day and my parents kicked me out. I slept on the floor of my friend's house and literally worked 50 hours a week my entire senior year of high school so I could afford to start college.

I haven't lived at home since I was 17. I don't know. Sometimes I get really jealous that people have loving siblings that are best friends XD
    -Bruh, are you picking up what I'm Putin down?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    @(you need an account to see links) I'm not entirely sure what he is capable of to be honest. He was dx'd with sensory integration disorder in the 70's, maybe 80's and I think would be classed under Aspergers currently. Or autism spectrum disorder?
    It's hard to know because my mother was the sort to abuse her children and then bring them in for medication and evaluation as a way to push the after effects of abuse onto us. He's 15 years older so I'm not sure what his upbringing was like, though I have some speculations.
    A few nights ago we spent some time bonding by watching a show, and my mother seemed uncomfortable that I'm going out of my way to get to know him better. She works through a divide and conquer mentality. The sort who will rattle you to your breaking point, and then cast herself as a victim of circumstance.

So for him, it is a learned helplessness but I'm not sure of the degree or what was done to him. But I'm not going to let them prove his helplessness by locking him up somewhere. I can only imagine the things she would say to other people. "My poor son, we did all we could. We did our very best for him!"
    Absorbing all that pity like some sort of... Grr! Bah! My feathers are ruffled.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    28d 11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I'm not entirely sure what he is capable of to be honest. He was dx'd with sensory integration disorder in the 70's, maybe 80's and I think would be classed under Aspergers currently. Or autism spectrum disorder?
    It's hard to know because my mother was the sort to abuse her children and then bring them in for medication and evaluation as a way to push the after effects of abuse onto us. He's 15 years older so I'm not sure what his upbringing was like, though I have some speculations.
    A few nights ago we spent some time bonding by watching a show, and my mother seemed uncomfortable that I'm going out of my way to get to know him better. She works through a divide and conquer mentality. The sort who will rattle you to your breaking point, and then cast herself as a victim of circumstance.

So for him, it is a learned helplessness but I'm not sure of the degree or what was done to him. But I'm not going to let them prove his helplessness by locking him up somewhere. I can only imagine the things she would say to other people. "My poor son, we did all we could. We did our very best for him!"
    Absorbing all that pity like some sort of... Grr! Bah! My feathers are ruffled.
    oh man... some people do not deserve to be parents... it seems your mother thrives on sympathy from external parties. it's awful she would use you both that way.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    7d 12h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    My biological mother is a cunt so I havent talked to her for 3 years

Thanks