15/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Drive

I just watched it last night, the acting was superb but the characters felt flat in my opinion, and it's hard to empathize with his situation because he only knew the girl for a week and then he goes on a killing rampage to protect her family. And if he was making bank from all these wing-man positions, why didn't he just give the money to the husband?

If you're into "The Fast and the Furious" type movies, I don't think this one is for you, I believe it's more of a thinking man's action movie. The director creates suspense and keeps it throughout the movie with the plot, but the only action is really in the killing scenes (heads exploding, heads getting kicked in, forks in eyes, multiple shanks and lots of bleeding).

Overall, a really good movie in my opinion but they could have toned down the gore a little. I think it also represents that once you're in the mob's business, even without knowing it, you're in deep (so as to convey a message to stay away from that type of individual).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Interesting.
    I thought the previews for this movie looked really good.
    But from your description it sounds completely different from the previews!

I have had it on my list of movies to see for awhile, maybe I'll check it out one day to see if I come to the same conclusion. I was under the assumption it would be kinda like the fast and the furious, but maybe not.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Very different and MUCH better than TF&TF, seriously check it out if you have the time. I think it's also based off a book..

Harry Potter
    I was expecting something completely different from what it actually was, so I was a little put off. If I actually knew what the movie was going to be like I would have enjoyed it a lot more lol