6/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    7h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Any runners around?

I love running. I usually run 5/10k's and am training for a half-marathon in April! If so, post below!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    242 times
    Time Online
    123d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Running around 60miles/week here

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    7h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    dang! Thats impressive. I run between 10-15 per week as of right now. I'm sure that will ramp up once i get closer to the half-marathon.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I used to run everyday but got crazy busy with school and life and kind of stopped. Started back up again when the new year started and was feeling great but then I sprained my ankle really good and was down for awhile. Just when I was starting back up I rolled it again and had a high ankle sprain. I'm almost back to the level I need to be to start running on it again. I want to get back to running 5/10ks, that's a good goal to start. Running a half mile is a pretty impressive feat. I know there are other people here who were training for something similar.
    I'm attempting a 5k color run tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. It should be fun either way! haha
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    242 times
    Time Online
    123d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Yeah, I do a half marathon every summer but I'm honestly not a fan of them as I end up with blisters and can't run a few days after. But I've actually dropped to ~50 a week now since my xc season is finishing up in the next 3-4 weeks. We are tapering to make the championship races feel easier so I will probably be cutting to even 40 a week. Once you start seeing results, you don't want to stop, like anything else. Once I'm graduated from college I'll probably still do around 20-25 a week but honestly not "good enough" to where I need to keep the shape I'm in because I'll never be the guy winning races and so forth.

But if you need or want workout help, I can get you situated for any volume you might be looking to target, and get you results. Just let me know (this applies to everyone, not just OP)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by looklook123123 View Post
    Yeah, I do a half marathon every summer but I'm honestly not a fan of them as I end up with blisters and can't run a few days after. But I've actually dropped to ~50 a week now since my xc season is finishing up in the next 3-4 weeks. We are tapering to make the championship races feel easier so I will probably be cutting to even 40 a week. Once you start seeing results, you don't want to stop, like anything else. Once I'm graduated from college I'll probably still do around 20-25 a week but honestly not "good enough" to where I need to keep the shape I'm in because I'll never be the guy winning races and so forth.

But if you need or want workout help, I can get you situated for any volume you might be looking to target, and get you results. Just let me know (this applies to everyone, not just OP)

I have one friend who kept up the mileage they ran back in their track/xc days. He's crazy, but he is the guy winning the races so I can respect that dedication. We will have a heavy night of drinking and he will wake up early and go for an hour or two long run. Went to a bachelor party for a friend and this guy disappeared in the morning. We didn't know where he went but he came back and told us he went running at 6am. Crazy.

I always feel better after a good run. It could be one/two miles or 10miles. The rest of the day just feels better after you get a decent workout in. I miss that feeling. The toughest part is getting started so I'm kind of apprehensive about this race tomorrow. I know it's going to suck because I haven't run had a serious run in for at least 3 months.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    242 times
    Time Online
    123d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I have one friend who kept up the mileage they ran back in their track/xc days. He's crazy, but he is the guy winning the races so I can respect that dedication. We will have a heavy night of drinking and he will wake up early and go for an hour or two long run. Went to a bachelor party for a friend and this guy disappeared in the morning. We didn't know where he went but he came back and told us he went running at 6am. Crazy.

I always feel better after a good run. It could be one/two miles or 10miles. The rest of the day just feels better after you get a decent workout in. I miss that feeling. The toughest part is getting started so I'm kind of apprehensive about this race tomorrow. I know it's going to suck because I haven't run had a serious run in for at least 3 months.
    Waking up early always sucks but you do feel much better once you do a few miles. Two or three days a week I'll do a light run before my 8AM and even though I've been up the longest, I'm always the most awake one in class haha.

Don't take tomorrow seriously. Obviously try but don't go out and kill yourself. Without the proper buildup, you'll just find yourself with another injury. :/ Neither of us want to see that! Just have a fun run, that's what color runs are and be sure to post a before/after pic of your clothes

8. The Following User Says Thank You to looklook123123 For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (10-24-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    7h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have been having ankle problems so i try not to push it. I have been using KT tape to give my Achilles some support. I don't want to NOT run though. So I just run around around 3-4 miles at a time and do some speed work 1 day a week. I want to start upping my weekend run, increasing a mile every two weeks or so to get up to where i need to be for my half.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    13d 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I had a grade 2 sprain on my ankle for something unrelated about a month ago
    i'm ok to walk now but i miss running ;_;
    can't wait to get back into it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    102 times
    Time Online
    24d 23h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I love running and really miss it. I used to run about 5 miles every day. A few years ago I was in a bad accident and I haven't ran since then. After surgery and a few years of recovery now I'm finally not in pain every day. I feel like I'm at a point where I /can/ start getting back into running, but I'm scared. lol I don't know how to start from scratch and I'm scared I'm going to get hurt again. If anyone has any advice throw it at me please. C: