Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Relief View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Ummm ... making random comments isn't going to accomplish the purpose.

Not only that, it's pretty clear that us 'Newbies' are far more aware of the concepts that promote forum growth.

You're insane if you think that this will help at all .... think of how much is hidden by spoiler ... links, all pictures, trading threads, etc.

You're not just taking away the desire for people to check out the forum ... because they'd have to invest time to even peek, you're taking away from sellers, people who create meaningful posts because they aren't reaching newbies, .....

It's people with your kind of attitude and lack of recognition for the fresh prospects that make this idea seem ok....
    human curiosity will get people to post because there will be a "registration require that will show in the spoiler" the purpose is like any site to increase/create activity this will do that and who knows maybe some newbies will like talking more and talk more. you do know this won't end all life on earth right?

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knighted View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I'm just voicing my opinions about the new announcement and how it effects us newbies and potential new comers to CK. I'm not sure if it was your intention but your comments are coming off a little passive aggressive / insensitive, but that's your prerogative
    lol have you read my profile this is me in normal mode , if it sounded little like that anyways it wasn't meant too but seriously 50 post isn't hard to do it should be higher if you ask me.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    2d 13h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    human curiosity will get people to post because there will be a "registration require that will show in the spoiler" the purpose is like any site is to increase/create activity this will do that and who knows maybe some newbies will like talking more and talk more. you do know this won't end all life on earth right?
    LOL ... I don't even know how to say anything nicely anymore, so I wont...

Let me try and put this into simple terms for you. Requiring 50 posts to view a spoiler is like .... Asking someone to pay for the concert without knowing who the band is ... Pretty unlikely anyone shows up, but some will.

Also who said anything about this ending life on earth? Dramatic much? It's just another thing that's going to aid in the decline of ck ...

50 posts shouldn't be hard huh? ... Well fuck it ... reset your post count then. You've been a member of ck for over 1200 days and are averaging a little over 3.5 posts per day .... it would take you 2 weeks to get 50. Oh and then you wouldn't even know what you're getting for it lol .... gl, way to make sense.
    Last edited by Relief; 10-23-2015 at 12:55 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Relief For This Useful Post:

t3d (10-23-2015),Zachafer (10-23-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Relief View Post
    LOL ... I don't even know how to say anything nicely anymore, so I wont...

Let me try and put this into simple terms for you. Requiring 50 posts to view a spoiler is like .... Asking someone to pay for the concert without knowing who the band is ... Pretty unlikely anyone shows up, but some will.

Also who said anything about this ending life on earth? Dramatic much? It's just another thing that's going to aid in the decline of ck ...

50 posts shouldn't be hard huh? ... Well fuck it ... reset your post count then.
    i've done 90+ post and on avg when i'm at work i do 50+ easy because i'm bored.

i'd actually pay to see a concert even if i didn't know who was playing, i love surprises and love random stuff to happen in my life. everything that have to be known. when i first joined this forum i wasn't active for a year i actually brought VIP myself for the longest time it's only in the last 2 years i've made my post count.

maybe it's me that should break down its only 50 post not the end of the world!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    tl;dr 50 posts to get above Newbie rank is easy.
    If you're end game goal is to get to see spoilers and links only, then you probably shouldn't see them anyways.

Shit, look at the newbie post count rise just by posting on this thread. smh

If you can't post 50 meaningful/non spam/non flaming posts, then you shouldn't exactly see what could be considered "delicate" information.

Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mophead For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (10-23-2015),Aura (10-23-2015),cookiemunster (10-23-2015),Naked Gamer (10-23-2015),Ribbon (10-23-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    102 times
    Time Online
    24d 23h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I don't understand why everyone is freaking out over the 50 post requirement. That is the easiest requirement for any site I've been on like this. CK is the most laid back and open cheating forum I've seen. Hell there is a guest, which could be a TNT member for all we know, viewing this thread right now. On other sites you practically have to give a urine sample before you can see sensitive information. lol
    Seriously though, the requirement is just a precaution to keep members of CK safe. Who's to say some butt hurt PCer, or whoever, doesn't stumble across this site, makes an account, and immediately starts trying to find people to out. 50 posts isn't meant to be done in one day. I'd like to think that the person wouldn't stick around for days posting just to try and find people to out. They would likely get bored, get over it, and leave (or stay and join the dark side lol)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cookiemunster For This Useful Post:

Bimbo (10-23-2015),Bowsette (10-23-2015),Cath (10-23-2015),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (10-23-2015),Pusheen (10-23-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    28d 11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I know scarmans would not have a problem with 50 posts at all. just look at the adult section of the site lol.

a few newbies are now posting spam all over dead topics though. :o are they going to be modded?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 8h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Limiting access to a website based off of a declining game is probably not the best business decision but I guess it promotes user activity, superficial or not.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Spoiler, code, video and other BBCode tags hidden from guests/newbies

Quote Originally Posted by potatoespotate View Post
    I know scarmans would not have a problem with 50 posts at all. just look at the adult section of the site lol.

a few newbies are now posting spam all over dead topics though. :o are they going to be modded?
    They'll likely get spam infraction or a warning I guess. I noticed that instantly too haha. It's not hard to post 50 non spam post like it doesn't happen instantly but over 8hrs easy!!

Like I always say noobs be noobing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by t3d View Post
    Limiting access to a website based off of a declining game is probably not the best business decision but I guess it promotes user activity, superficial or not.
    Declining!! Where did you get that fact from? Statistic sites that track websites like Neopets have shown Neopets actually grow in the last year!! Probably research before stating a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I don't mind this.

However I did notice with the change that all of my messages sent & received are invisible.
    I tried several browsers with the same result. (the content appears quoted in the quick reply at the bottom of the page though)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    93d 17h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I don't see a problem with it.
    Kinda close to 50 anyway.