19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I have to agree. I am a cis male, but I think it would seriously derail discussions of equality and overcoming adversity in the LGBTQ community if the random groups started popping up declaring themselves discriminated against. I understand that we don't know everything about human sexuality, but until these groups have faced the kinds of systematic discrimination faced by Gay and Tans people, I just don't see how they can try to gain legitimacy.

I think it's fine if people on tumblr want to call themselves 'demiboy' or 'aquagirl'. But I think it's entirely different when I see my straight facebook friend make a [high effort] post about how Demiboys are being marginalized in the workplace. Like, no one knows what that is, who the fuck is discriminating against you?
    Exactly! I mean absolutely no offense, but I didn't even know what cis was until I watched South Park and kinda looked into it. How could I discriminate against something I didn't even know existed? And honestly as far as I'm concerned, as long as you're happy in your own skin, everything's fine and people should relax. Unless you're Ed Gein and you're trying to wear other people's skin. Hmm..
    Anyway, in all seriousness, I think this whole thing is being blown up so people aren't looking at the big picture of what's ACTUALLY happening. While we're fucking fighting about babies being circumcised, freeing the nipple, who uses what bathroom when and why, there's a shitshow happening in our own country. Terrorism is in the red zone, man. They told us they'd hit Orlando and they did. They also said they're gonna hit Washington D.C. soon, like, wtf? Nobody's worried about this? Nobody wants to worry about a guy shooting gay people, they want to worry that the people that got shot were gay? Holy shit, like I totally understand, human life is extremely valuable and that was a disgusting thing that occurred. Mass murder is disgusting. And it's going to keep happening until we pull our heads out of our asses and start protecting our country. I'm devastated that people would rather talk about Trump and wanting to kill him rather than talking about how much SHIT is being poured into our ocean each day? Ever heard of that pile of trash floating around the size of an island?
    I feel like this is exactly what they want. The terrorists. They know the extremely left liberals would go into an uproar and totally block out any news of what they may be doing with all this bullshit about discrimination. because as far as I'm concerned, this wasn't a problem until now. :| I feel as though they will attack when our attention is completely off of them.. And the pope is going to be in D.C. with the Hillsong Chuch(i think it's the hillsong church), and what better way to attack an opposing religion AND nation at the same time by attacking their religious leader AND the capital?

""In the 330 cases we've examined since September 11, we found 80 percent of mass murders are US citizens""
    Oh, yeah, but they leave out that most of these US citizens have pledged allegiance to ISIS... Or they were mentally ill and had NO help.

Which actually reminds me. Wtf are we doing about mental health? Like Dylan and Eric in Columbine; could that have been prevented if maybe we gave a shit more about mental disorders and shit like that? Being someone who has a mental disorder, all they do is put you on pills and hope for the best. The human race should be past that.. Why can't we help each other? What's so wrong with that?

And before you go off calling me a dumbass for blaming it all on terrorism: I'm not blaming all of the shit that's wrong with our country on terrorism, I'm saying that is the threat we are facing right now. It's a REAL threat and they are killing Americans every fucking day, man. And we sit idle as Russia goes into Syria. Putin wanted obama to give him a list of places that were friends with the US and shouldn't be raided, but he won't, and he's forcing Putin's hand. It's not good. I swear, he's a muslim himself.

And no, not all muslims are terrorists, and not all terrorists are muslims; and we were founded on immigrants; but we weren't founded on immigrants who hated us and were trying to fucking kill us. UGH. Idek, man.
    Last edited by Set; 06-25-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    im too tired to go in depth but looking at the bigger picture derails the subject at hand and is a really half-baked attempt to do so at that.

trans issues are their own issues, this has nothing to do with whats happening with the economy or school shootings or whatever? just because theres bigger issues doesnt mean we shouldnt care about Trans issues? uh

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    It derails the subject? Oh, I'm so sorry that there are more important things to worry about than which bathroom you use. You're absolutely right, "trans issues are their own issues." Let's keep it like that and leave them the fuck alone and treat them like everyone else. Thanks for the "half baked" reply, fam. And nah, we can care about trans issues all we want, but what the fuck is it doing? Gay marriage is legal, we have the same rights, and if you commit hate speech you're put in jail. All that shit is over, so isn't it time to fucking move on? People like you are what's holding society back by coming up with bullshit and saying "oh look at you derailing such an important subject with shit that clearly isn't as important as which bathroom this person uses that literally has NOTHING to do with me", as to where if people would actually give a shit about what's going on? It's not just the US, it's everywhere LOL

Thanks for that comment though, I figured someone would be unhappy with what I had to say. This is the debate zone after all. cheers

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    ... anyway

edit: actually I just... Should mention that this bathroom thing very much does affect me, as a Trans person. i don't want people like YOU derailing issues that affect ME just because YOU don't feel they're important. Being told my problems aren't important because there's bigger issues is incredibly hurtful.
    Last edited by Mindfang; 06-26-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    It derails the subject? Oh, I'm so sorry that there are more important things to worry about than which bathroom you use. You're absolutely right, "trans issues are their own issues." Let's keep it like that and leave them the fuck alone and treat them like everyone else. Thanks for the "half baked" reply, fam. And nah, we can care about trans issues all we want, but what the fuck is it doing? Gay marriage is legal, we have the same rights, and if you commit hate speech you're put in jail. All that shit is over, so isn't it time to fucking move on? People like you are what's holding society back by coming up with bullshit and saying "oh look at you derailing such an important subject with shit that clearly isn't as important as which bathroom this person uses that literally has NOTHING to do with me", as to where if people would actually give a shit about what's going on? It's not just the US, it's everywhere LOL

Thanks for that comment though, I figured someone would be unhappy with what I had to say. This is the debate zone after all. cheers
    Gay marriage is not legal in the US. It is somewhat legal, it is being accepted in certain areas. The reason it is not entirely legal is because many Americans are living in the past. The same past you said should be "fucking moved on" from. The reason is yourself. Not you personally but the US as a whole as "yourself". They created their own problem, are sticking with it in many parts of the Country and will not budge and smarten up with other individuals who are living in the now.

Those living in the now who have moved on do not care about bathroom issues, they accept individuals are different. They are saying big deal move on as it does not affect them. They are the ones who do not think LGBTQ issues are a grand issue because they have already acknowledged it as an issue, accepted it, and went on with their lives.

Terrorism, red zone threats, and garbage piles in the ocean are not associated with this topic of LGBTQ issues. If you want to write about a conspiracy of no one paying attention to the red zone terrorism threat then by all means make a separate topic. Until then try not to derail to a separate subject.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Aura (06-26-2016),Cupkakez (06-26-2016),Mindfang (06-26-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Gay marriage is not legal in the US. It is somewhat legal, it is being accepted in certain areas. The reason it is not entirely legal is because many Americans are living in the past. The same past you said should be "fucking moved on" from. The reason is yourself. Not you personally but the US as a whole as "yourself". They created their own problem, are sticking with it in many parts of the Country and will not budge and smarten up with other individuals who are living in the now.

Those living in the now who have moved on do not care about bathroom issues, they accept individuals are different. They are saying big deal move on as it does not affect them. They are the ones who do not think LGBTQ issues are a grand issue because they have already acknowledged it as an issue, accepted it, and went on with their lives.

Terrorism, red zone threats, and garbage piles in the ocean are not associated with this topic of LGBTQ issues. If you want to write about a conspiracy of no one paying attention to the red zone terrorism threat then by all means make a separate topic. Until then try not to derail to a separate subject.
    Gay marriage is very much legal in the US. Finding a pastor or whatever the case may be for your religious views to perform the wedding is where the issue arises.

Anyway, this is a debate, not a war zone. Keep your insulting and personal comments to yourself and move on. This isn't directed at anyone in particular but I see this debate quickly going off track and turning into personal attacks. That's not what a debate is. That's a Facebook / Tumblr version of an opinion being keyboard fucked into being something believed to be fact. Unless you can cite sources and facts to back up your argument, it holds no merit.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Sci_Girl (06-26-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    Gay marriage is very much legal in the US. Finding a pastor or whatever the case may be for your religious views to perform the wedding is where the issue arises.

Anyway, this is a debate, not a war zone. Keep your insulting and personal comments to yourself and move on. This isn't directed at anyone in particular but I see this debate quickly going off track and turning into personal attacks. That's not what a debate is. That's a Facebook / Tumblr version of an opinion being keyboard fucked into being something believed to be fact. Unless you can cite sources and facts to back up your argument, it holds no merit.
    Oh jeez yes I just checked. Legal all across the US as of June 26, 2015. 2015. My apologies for thinking some of the Country was still stuck in the past. Just some people are still stuck.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Oh jeez yes I just checked. Legal all across the US as of June 26, 2015. 2015. My apologies for thinking some of the Country was still stuck in the past. Just some people are still stuck.

Yeah it's just the churches/mosques/synagogues that are in the past. Well obviously a crap ton of citizens too, but their opinions hold no weight upon gay marriage.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    53d 14h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
    im too tired to go in depth but looking at the bigger picture derails the subject at hand and is a really half-baked attempt to do so at that.

trans issues are their own issues, this has nothing to do with whats happening with the economy or school shootings or whatever? just because theres bigger issues doesnt mean we shouldnt care about Trans issues? uh
    Well, I think some people use the rhetoric more along the lines of, "This shouldn't even be an issue. No one should care where trans people use the restroom, so just let it go.'

That's how I feel at least. Who gives a fuck where a trans person uses the restroom? Trans =/= pedophile. Trans =/= child molester.

I understand the dehumanizing effect that restrooms can have on trans people. Believe me, I understand. But when I say something like "that's not even an issue", what I mean is "people who are attacking trans and unisex restrooms don't even have an argument, let them pee where they want".
    Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    18d 8h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Its a bit ridiculous really. Options that would make sense...male/female/none/other(state)

I was told once I am something called a demi girl?! Erm no I am quite happy to class myself as a female thanks

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

As for restrooms, I don't really see why we can't just have communal restrooms and be done with it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to vj87 For This Useful Post:

Lincoln (06-26-2016)