14/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    64d 22h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m

This gender/sexuality thing is getting ridiculous

Hijacked from a close friend of mine, I think she nailed it.

"I had to take a break from the internet last night when I saw someone advise a 15 year old girl that she was "agender or a man" because she didn't like wearing dresses or makeup. No other information necessary, they just straight up told her that she was not a real woman.

This is getting ridiculous. Every micro-variation in the human experience is now its own gender and/or sexual orientation. There is a different word for "feeling like a girl 90% of the time and like nothing 10% of the time" than there is for "feeling like a girl 90% of the time and like a another gender which cannot be defined but is not nothing 10% of the time".

Do you need to get to know someone before you fall in love with them? Normal people would say that doesn't need a word since no one really falls in love without knowing someone. But with a free membership on tumblr you can now call yourself ~demiromantic~! What used to be an inability to distinguish infatuation from mature love is now a sexual orientation.

It's important to respect everyone's identity, no matter how ridiculous it is. If someone claims that their gender is hot dogs then by god you had better not misgender them by calling them him or her instead of hotdogself. (Note this is not some strawman criticism of trans folk, I am talking about people who actually, literally claim that their gender is "friendship" or something else that is that out there.)

What kind of boy do you want to be? Hemiboy? Demiboy? Nan0boy? Anoboy? Magiboy? Apparently those are all words now, and they mean almost exactly the same thing. Ironically, the same people who tend to complain about conforming to norms are trying as hard as possible to shove people into the tiniest boxes possible.

And apparently it doesn't take much to get yourself out of that box you thought you were in. Are you a girl who simply likes monster trucks more than princesses? It couldn't possibly be that you simply have a unique personality like literally every other human being on earth. Nope, not conforming to a sexist valley girl stereotype actually diminishes your female identity! Turns out, being trans is as superficial as the clothes you wear or the music you listen to. Nothing more.

I honestly think this "all inclusive, no questions asked, no quality control" policy in the younger social-justice oriented sphere really detracts from the real issues. Chewing someone out for not earnestly believing that Space Whale Gender is a legitimate identity doesn't make anyone look good, and it derails conversations from real issues. Not to mention the poor impressionable young kids who feel out of place, as young kids often do. Someone who just needs to be told that they are not a weirdo for thinking an anime character is hot is now told that they are "probably animesexual and Kakashi is your headmate, you two have a soul bond."

I guess what I'm saying is people need to take it down a notch."

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to cloudxcrash For This Useful Post:

Anni (07-03-2016),Ariella (06-25-2016),athron (07-04-2016),Banannie (10-11-2015),Cinnamoroll (10-20-2015),cookiemunster (10-09-2015),DJ Music Man (10-09-2015),Foxglove (07-04-2016),gilly777 (06-05-2016),gish (12-14-2016),Guy (10-11-2015),Jessica (10-09-2015),John_ (10-10-2015),Lenars (10-09-2015),Maki (10-09-2015),Ms M. (06-26-2016),♥ Munna ♥ (10-09-2015),Pachirisu (07-04-2016),percyjk23 (07-03-2016),pollysaid (10-20-2015),Ribbon (10-10-2015),Shizuku (06-25-2016),Slumber (08-04-2016),Teakwood (10-11-2015),Urbex (07-04-2016),User5931 (10-15-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    57d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Nailed it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Jessica (10-09-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    5d 3h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I mean, I get where your friend is coming from. There is an absolutely ludicrous amount of gender identities. That being said, though, there is some validity to their claims. Identity is such an abstract concept, who is anyone to tell anyone else that their identity isn't a real thing?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    It agree it is getting real annoying. I read somewhere that some websites now will have like 90 gender "identification" choices for people. Variation is great and all but it is honestly turning it onto a joke. I mean like that poster said, there is a word for someone who is 90% female but 10% not then 90% female 10% male, some may be 50/50 in feelings, then there is the sexual orientation part not just the identification. A word for no sex, some sex, lots of sex, sex with certain people... it just goes on and on. It is ridiculous. At times I think many say they are so and so simply because they want to be different, go against the grain of society to stand up against it. Those human rights chest thumpers who scream at you if you do not pronounce their seldom heard orientation correctly. No, those individuals are trying to be something else just to be something else. It really downplays the individuals who honestly do identify as another sex or a certain lifestyle.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Anni (07-03-2016),DJ Music Man (10-09-2015),Guy (10-11-2015),Shizuku (06-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    28d 20h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    While I wish to not be disrespectful to anyone's gender.

I honestly think genders if fucking stupid.
    It should just be boy/girl/both/it.

Who feels like their left leg is male and their right leg is female??
    People (imo) who wants to be the special snowflake..

open for a surprise ~

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    5d 3h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLena View Post
    While I wish to not be disrespectful to anyone's gender.

I honestly think genders if fucking stupid.
    It should just be boy/girl/both/it.

Who feels like their left leg is male and their right leg is female??
    People (imo) who wants to be the special snowflake..
    Holy moly was that ever ignorant. With today's expectations on gender roles, can you honestly say that you can see every single person fitting into two tiny little boxes? Just because you feel a certain way, doesn't necessarily mean that everyone else does. It's not as simple as "my left leg is male" and that's absolute garbage.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misplay For This Useful Post:

Puff (11-16-2016),Teakwood (06-26-2016)

Pronouns
    she/elle/o/ол
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    If someone thinks they're an animal, they can go right ahead and do that. I will not judge, and there are absolutely lots of instances where that's a spiritual or religious thing. But when someone thinks they're an animal and screams about being oppressed because of it, I'm out.

Or, of course, this.

My name is Yuki Ayamine and I am almost 16. I am accomplished and ambitious, and I do not sit in front of the internet all day but instead balance schoolwork, social justice, writing, drawing, and studying my country and its language with a loving passion. I�ve always experienced extreme nationality dysphoria, and recently realized it is ethnic dysphoria too. I feel disgusted and disappointed when I look at the mirror and my inside is still hidden. This is serious, not some mental �problem,� as I was almost driven to suicide because my future seemed so bleak in a land like this. Then I realized, Japan is so close to being perfect. At least, Japan is my perfection, my happiness, the country that I belong in and that I should have been part of my entire life. It�s not just because I love anime and am a fujoshi fangirl-it�s not just because I love everything that�s kawaii-it�s not just because Pocky and ramen are my favorite foods-it�s everything about Japan that defines me and explains who I am as a person. I�m a typical Japanese girl who loves Japanese pop culture and society and the ancient traditions still manifest in Kyoto. Of course Americans can love Japan, but there�s a difference between being an American otaku and someone whose true satisfaction comes from their Japanese identity. I plan to spend the rest of my life studying and experiencing everything about Japan, and will move soon. I am very excited to renounce the American citizenship that�s been hanging over my head and threatening my happiness. I know that in Japan because of my skin color I will be looked upon as a foreigner, and that�s why I plan to live with a host family. After getting rid of the western-ness I may accidentally have acquired, I�ll be a normal Japanese in every situation, socially and culturally.
    Last edited by Winona; 10-09-2015 at 11:25 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winona For This Useful Post:

Jessica (10-10-2015),Maki (10-10-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    30d 23h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I'm agender, meaning I ain't got a gender.
    (then again i'm fucking air, i dont need yo social shit norms. i float around and shit.)

Pretty much whatever you feel comfortable with, good for ya.
    I stopped caring what people believe to be 'special snowflake' sydrome and shit is.

Attention seeking is one thing, that makes you dumb and no one loves you.
    But if you really believe yourself to be something, then by all means embrace it.
    That shit's for you, and to make you happy. No one else.

TL;DR - Be who you are, fuck the police.

Why, yes. The world does revolve around me.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Air For This Useful Post:

Banannie (10-11-2015),♥ Decepticon ♥ (07-04-2016),Kitten (06-25-2016),Lazuli (10-12-2015),Lyric (10-11-2015),Mindfang (10-10-2015),Misplay (10-10-2015),Naked Gamer (10-10-2015),Ribbon (10-10-2015),Saitama (06-25-2016),Shizuku (06-25-2016),Teakwood (06-26-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    25d 11h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    TIL stupid people judge all of society based on bullshit from Tumblr. lol

Tumblr is a cesspool.
    Add salt to taste!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Salivating Slorg For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (10-10-2015)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 17h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    I'm agender, meaning I ain't got a gender.
    (then again i'm fucking air, i dont need yo social shit norms. i float around and shit.)

Pretty much whatever you feel comfortable with, good for ya.
    I stopped caring what people believe to be 'special snowflake' sydrome and shit is.

Attention seeking is one thing, that makes you dumb and no one loves you.
    But if you really believe yourself to be something, then by all means embrace it.
    That shit's for you, and to make you happy. No one else.

TL;DR - Be who you are, fuck the police.
    This 100%.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3