Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's the best way to lose weight?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath View Post
    Never heard of the green tea/biotin thing. Do you know any website that talk about it??
    And it's a good thing that I never drink. I just don't like how it tastes so I only drink water everyday.
    Careful with supplements, lots of claims with zero FDA regulation. Many are total snake oil scams. Some can do more harm than good. Never ever buy medications or supplements online.

Green tea tastes like grass or dirt I guess lol. It is actually quite good and very very good for you. No need to buy online as any grocery store will have it. Biotin is also called Vitamin H. Doctors can recommend it for diabetes management, metabolism issues, hair loss, brittle nails, sometimes depression. Talk to a pharmacist for more info. And again never ever buy drugs or supplements online because of all the shady characters looking to make quick money.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Banannie (10-15-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Careful with supplements, lots of claims with zero FDA regulation. Many are total snake oil scams. Some can do more harm than good. Never ever buy medications or supplements online.

Green tea tastes like grass or dirt I guess lol. It is actually quite good and very very good for you. No need to buy online as any grocery store will have it. Biotin is also called Vitamin H. Doctors can recommend it for diabetes management, metabolism issues, hair loss, brittle nails, sometimes depression. Talk to a pharmacist for more info. And again never ever buy drugs or supplements online because of all the shady characters looking to make quick money.
    My parents are doctors, so I will verify with them what they think about it. If it's safe I'll ask if they can get me Biotin! But what does it exactly do to your body?
    I really like green tea and didn't know it was that good for your body! Now that winter is coming, I guess it's a good time to buy some. Will definitely do so next time I go to the supermarket.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    7d 12h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I would advise against taking supplements. Once upon a time I use to work out and I started taking a stack of 6 - 8 supplements to help increase my productivity and gains. A few months after I stopped taking them I ended up getting extremely bad panic attacks along with other things. I also learned a year ago that the FDA actually banned some of the substances they were putting in at least 2 of the products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBaphomet For This Useful Post:

Cath (10-09-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBaphomet View Post
    I would advise against taking supplements. Once upon a time I use to work out and I started taking a stack of 6 - 8 supplements to help increase my productivity and gains. A few months after I stopped taking them I ended up getting extremely bad panic attacks along with other things. I also learned a year ago that the FDA actually banned some of the substances they were putting in at least 2 of the products.

Haha yeah not many people consider after effects. Just don't take those things and stay natural like what's the point of gains anyways when you quit your body will hate you for it lol.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Naked Gamer For This Useful Post:

Cath (10-09-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    7d 8h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    when i get on the treadmill, i try to burn around 200-300 calories on it... which for me is about 10--15 minutes running straight... or 5-7 mins walking elevated all the way up at a speed of about 4.2 and running for 5-8 mins...

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

and like the other person said, i definitely agree... i dont think you should take supplements... i have also learned the hard way... just eat healthy... dont ever think that you are too fat or anyting like that just try to stay healthy and eat... just eat what you want but in minimum... or if you eat healthy.. eat as much as you like!
    i feel like losing weight is a lot in your diet though... not just exercise... but exercise too... but al ot of people fail because of their diet...
    they will go burn 400 cals on a treadmill
    then go home and 3 cookies that will just trash that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Just thought I'd make an update on this thread!
    I've started eating smaller portions and stopped eating any sweet stuff such as desserts, cookies and such.
    I've lost 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I don't see any difference on my body, but it feels good to see the pounds lost on the balance.

Hopefully I won't gain them back anytime soon... Still 14 pounds to go to reach my goal!
    Last edited by Cath; 10-20-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I've started eating a smaller portions and stopped eating any sweet stuff such as deserts, cookies and such.
    I've lost 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I don't see any difference on my body, but it feels good to see the pounds lost on the balance.

Hopefully I won't gain them back anytime soon... Still 14 pounds to go to reach my goal!
    You go girl!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Cath (10-20-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I've started eating smaller portions and stopped eating any sweet stuff such as desserts, cookies and such.

good going so you're cutting down a lot on sugar all round? you'll get to your goal in no time but then the real struggle is to keep it off.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    243 times
    Time Online
    45d 4h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Calorie restriction is the easiest way to lose weight, counting is the easiest way. You can eat bread and such, just in small portions.

Depending on how much you normally eat, if you eat 1200 or 1500 calories a day (and minus the calories you work out), you'll definitely lose weight. I've lost 50 pounds this way! All my friends who have done it have all lost weight as well c:
    Last edited by teddy; 10-20-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Really makes you realize how crappy our diets are. All you did was basic changes, put less on the plate and cut back on the sweets. That was not drastic by any means and you are already seeing positive results. Imagine how effective other people would be with weight loss if all they did was put less on the plate or simply stopped drinking soft drinks.