Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m

Angry Fucking dog killers!

I'm so so angry.
    So, to go to university I have to drive on a highway and since 3 weeks ago, I've seen at least 5 dog corpses on the side of the road.
    Today I will find out if it's been 4 weeks instead of 3.. but really, how can nobody clean that up? I'm so close to call the municipality or something...
    Those dogs are most likely pretty rotten by now.

Despites this, I can't understand how there are so many dog corpses, like, 5 ???
    I know people don't drive over them because they want to, but fuck, can you be more careful??
    Is just a thing of watching on the side of the roads a little while driving and that's all, right?

In all my years as a driver, I have never hit a thing, nor being close, I always slow down when I see dogs :/

Have you any of you guys have had any accident like this?
    Thoughts on the matter?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    37d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I love animals and it's so sad to see something like that. I don't really know, I'd like to give people the benefit of the doubt and say it was unavoidable but there could be so many possibilities.

Luckily the only things I've hit with my car are bugs.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    my sister hit a 100kg Kangaroo it fucked her shit up. Here is Aus though where i am anyways road kill gets picked up pretty fast.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I'd call the cities animal control and report the bodies at the least... Maybe they will come clean them up, or direct you to someone who you can call who can...
    I wouldn't want to see that everyday.

It sounds like someone decided to dump their dogs and they didn't know better than to stay off of the highway and ended up getting hit. I'd be so devastated if I hit a dog, but sometimes these things aren't preventable... But I agree some people need to pay better attention to prevent this.

Poor babies, and good luck getting a hold of someone to clean it up
    I love other Jess even tho I log in like twice a year

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Some people hit animals on the road because they think it is funny. Every once and awhile I see the big jacked up rig pig trucks here speed up cloud of black exhaust and swerve to hit birds on the road. My guess is they think it makes them seem cool and "haha I am so badass". Same kind of people may hit other animals on the road. It's awful to see.

But yeah call the city just to get some info on where to call if you are unsure. They will be able to direct you to some department to notify.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    68d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    With dogs it's almost always not the fault of the driver. Dogs bolt out from behind objects and across the road regularly. Really I'd be more pissed at the owner than anything. If you have a dog, you either keep it inside or fence in your yard. Accidents happen and dogs can get out but 5 dogs? My bet is on negligent owners that just let their dogs roam free or strays that the city should be picking up but isn't. I see it a lot here and it drives me nuts!

As for people who purposely running over animals, as fucked up as that is it tends to happen more with slow-moving animals like turtles or baby ducks that aren't seen as "pets."

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    That's just ridiculous. Here it's lucky if you see road kill after more than an hour or two.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    8d 8h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ent View Post
    With dogs it's almost always not the fault of the driver. Dogs bolt out from behind objects and across the road regularly. Really I'd be more pissed at the owner than anything. If you have a dog, you either keep it inside or fence in your yard. Accidents happen and dogs can get out but 5 dogs? My bet is on negligent owners that just let their dogs roam free or strays that the city should be picking up but isn't. I see it a lot here and it drives me nuts!

As for people who purposely running over animals, as fucked up as that is it tends to happen more with slow-moving animals like turtles or baby ducks that aren't seen as "pets."
    Truth, i had a dog run into my f150 on a 2 lane rd with traffic in the other lane, sorry pup. not wrecking a 50k truck and possibly killing someone because you wanted to go for a walk. also a side note in cali if you hit a dog and it causes damage the pets OWNER is responsible for the repair costs.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Oh god, that is so upsetting. I live/grew up in an area with a lot of deer, so it was pretty common to see deer on the side of the road, but the town was also good at getting them up promptly.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    They are still there

No idea who I should call, but I will do it tonight.