DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    37d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    A mix of terrible management, coaching, putting players in positions they can't succeed in, etc.. Hopefully this year will be the start of the upswing!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I heard that the rape kit was tampered with/contaminated or something like that, so it could no longer be used as evidence. But that's just hearsay, I never really kept up with it in the first place.

Additionally, I can't hate the Hawks, only be jealous of them because of their remarkable consistency. The Penguins should have had that, but so much happened injury wise. IN all honesty though, I don't understand why the Oilers aren't good yet haha. So many first and second round draft picks, but nothing to show for it yet.
    The kit was taken from the evidence locker and placed on the doorstep of the victim's mother's house. So a blatant stealing, compromising the case, and harassment. Police already verified it is the rape kit not a fake so it is going to end up a huge legal issue for whoever took it. And if Kane or his manager/troops said "yes take it" then that is a whole other world of trouble. Hence I say if he had something to do with it then kick him out of the league.

Its a love hate with the Hawks for me lol. I really do like Toews he is such an overall good guy and an awesome player but damn let someone else win! Pens will go up in rank I think with Kessel there. Oilers suck because of the management, we had coaches for years who never coached an NHL game and useless background workers like Kevin Lowe. Now that the Oilers actually have an NHL coach (Todd McLellan), NHL caliber GM (Peter Chiarelli), and an NHL caliber CEO (Bob Nicholson) I think things are finally going to turn around. These guys have won games, won championships, they know what they are doing. Now it is just to get the players to communicate which apparently is a huge issue and understand that they can be good if they work together. Go Oilers Go!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Skarner (09-29-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Yeah that's ridiculous. I doubt they will be able to tie him to it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a say in it since athletes always get ridiculous treatment. If they can tie him though, they will have to, at the very least, suspend him indefinitely.

I believe the Oilers can do it now though, especially with their talent. McDavid, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, and RNH. If they can solidify their defense and goaltending (which, looking at their roster, it looks like they can), they can become a force to be reckoned with again. I am rooting for them just because they should be good by now!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Well Oilers just Oilered and the season has not even started yet! Eberle out 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury after being hit semi-hard into the boards in last nights preseason game.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    37d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Well Oilers just Oilered and the season has not even started yet! Eberle out 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury after being hit semi-hard into the boards in last nights preseason game.
    Everything was going so well, something had to to be Oilered..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarner View Post
    Everything was going so well, something had to to be Oilered..
    Yup. That is how it goes here. We have been kicked down so much that things like this are no longer a surprise, just the Oilers being the Oilers lol. I need a new team to cheer for but it's hard when you grew up cheering for one single one your whole life. Go Habs go?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    37d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I can't bring myself to cheer for any other Canadian teams, I have too many friends who are fans of other teams and we take huge jabs at each other

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    64d 22h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    A relative of mine used to play in Penguins so ofc I ended up a Penguins fan.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cloudxcrash For This Useful Post:

Skarner (10-01-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    37d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudAcara View Post
    A relative of mine used to play in Penguins so ofc I ended up a Penguins fan.
    That's really cool! Who was it if you don't mind sharing?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Skarner For This Useful Post:

cloudxcrash (10-02-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Did my yahoo fantasy hockey draft. I am projected as 3rd in the group of 12. Hopefully I do better than my last year's 10th place out of 12 lol.

C - Backes, Backstrom
    LW - Ovechkin, James Neal
    RW - Bobby Ryan, Mark Stone
    D - Hedman, Vatanen, Brodie, Trouba
    G - Quick, Bishop, Ramo
    Extras - Kreider, Gallagher, Boyle

I was set to draft 2nd so I think I got a decent group. Little bit of everything with skill all over.
    Last edited by Sci_Girl; 10-03-2015 at 08:29 PM.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast