DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    That's unfortunate, as watching Lucic all the time with Boston...he *can* be a good player. But he just reminds me of a high school jock. He makes irresponsible decisions and he's just a ticking time bomb; you just don't know when he's going to go off and do something dumb.

For my most memorable example. He got trolled so hard by Couture. Couture knew Lucic was going to do that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

Sci_Girl (06-30-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Yay Penguins happy to see my team get another Cup, although my second team is the Sharks so that was kind of heartbreaking for me as well. 'Twas an extremely exciting playoffs and I can't wait for next season. That being said...what the hell is going on right now? A 31 team league? Stamkos in Tampa for another 8 years? Hall for Larsson? Subban for Weber? This is why the Oilers don't win anything, even with their multitude of high draft picks, no offense @(you need an account to see links) but that front office is awful.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GOAT For This Useful Post:

Sci_Girl (06-30-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Yay Penguins happy to see my team get another Cup, although my second team is the Sharks so that was kind of heartbreaking for me as well. 'Twas an extremely exciting playoffs and I can't wait for next season. That being said...what the hell is going on right now? A 31 team league? Stamkos in Tampa for another 8 years? Hall for Larsson? Subban for Weber? This is why the Oilers don't win anything, even with their multitude of high draft picks, no offense @(you need an account to see links) but that front office is awful.
    Awful is a nice way to put it. For some ludicrous reason McTavish and Kevin Lowe are still in that jumble. I can deal with Peter Chiarelli for the time being but Mac T and the Lowe must go train need to have their employment set on fire. Those two got demoted last off-season but they seem to still have their hand in decision making. The reason they are there is because they are buddy buddy with the owner Daryl Katz.

What pisses us Oilers fans is not that we got Larsson, he is good in his own way, it is the massive overpayment. They did not even get a pick for a later draft, a 2nd in 2017 at the very least. Nothing. And worse still is management said they only started talking about the Hall-Larsson trade on Monday, after the draft. Like, you mean to tell us you could not find anything anything at all in trade value before then for a top 3 left handed winger in the league? Bull. They chose their mark and they stuck with it and NJ fleeced them.

As for the other trades, not sure what Montreal was thinking. Weber is getting old. But apparently PK was being a bit of a dick in the locker room. The city will miss him dearly though. I read on twitter that Montreal did approach Edmonton about a PK trade...the deal was Draisaitl, the #4 pick, and either Klefbom or Nurse (our two good young D's). Edm said no. So there was potential there to at least start working on something but they blew it.

Stamkos staying in Tampa is not much of a surprise to me. I think he just wanted to see what he could get and yet still try for a cup. Buffalo was ready to pay him 12M though. Idiots. Stamkos is good but not that good.