Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever found a shiny Pokemon?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    8h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've had four legit shinies. Three I caught by myself (Wingul, Meowth, and a Red Gyarados) the other was a blue unknown I got from a friend.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    101/0
    Mentioned
    132 times
    Time Online
    34d 7h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Wow Neoquest that's pretty cool =o. I don't know anyone who's had more than one or two lol

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yup, I remember my first one when I was a kid (like 10 years oldish)? Pokemon Gold for the Gameboy Color came out, and I got it as a present from a relative at this giant Christmas family party. So I borrowed my cousin's gameboy, started playing, got pokeballs from the girl player, and because it was like 10:00pm it was night in-game. Within the same area that I got the pokeballs, I found a shiny pale-greenish hoothoot & caught it.

That same year I was at some middle school for summer day care (I have some shitty stories from there so that didn't last very long), and everyone was playing Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal on their gameboys to pass the time, so I brought mine. I went shiny hunting with this chick in an older grade, and for like 2 hours we sat in the same cave looking for shinys. We were going to go swim in the pool as a group a couple minutes later, so I said "this is the last pokemon and it will be shiny. Watch!"; sure enough it was a shiny red graveler, and we caught it.

Obv when most people get older they stop playing pokemon, I'm no special case in that matter, but I defo think the oldschool games (RBY, GSC) were the best.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom For This Useful Post:

13800038 (07-03-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    101/0
    Mentioned
    132 times
    Time Online
    34d 7h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    That's pretty cool Tom, and kind of funny that you were right about the last pokemon being shiny lol. I personally was never in to Pokemon that much, though I did watch the show for a little while, but my brothers like it a lot. Since the one was done with his game on Ruby (or FR, which ever it was) I figured I'd give it a go. I quit playing it because after I defeated those stupid twins on that stupid island (with the Sun and Moon pokemon...don't remember their actual names) I forgot to save right away and the game decided to freeze on me a few minutes later -_-

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xmxsummer For This Useful Post:

Tom (02-27-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    192/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I've soft refreshed for a shiny pokemon, and I've received one in trade.

When I first started playing Pearl when it came out, I put a Chimchar up for trade (breeded one of course) to get a Turtwig. When I received the Turtwig, I was like "Why isn't the color right?" It took a few seconds for me to realize it was a shiny. I nearly shit myself and started screaming X3

And I remember, when I got Platinum, I soft refreshed for HOURS to get a shiny Giratina. It was so worth it....and I ended up getting one with perfect IVs too! It was a complete beast in my team!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    101/0
    Mentioned
    132 times
    Time Online
    34d 7h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Reading all these makes me want to play again xD. However my brother -LOST- his DS so I couldn't play if I wanted to. Unless I downloaded an emulator and all that, which I'd rather not. That was a pretty good trade Zoroack, bet the person didn't even realize it was a shiny (or if they did they were very nice =o)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    One time, on my Emerald version, I was collecting Ash for all the PokeFlutes and for the glass furniture for secret bases, and I caught a shiny Slugma. My first legit shiny <3 Shit was so cash. Now I'm just kinda like, eh.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    One time, on my Emerald version, I was collecting Ash for all the PokeFlutes and for the glass furniture for secret bases, and I caught a shiny Slugma. My first legit shiny <3 Shit was so cash. Now I'm just kinda like, eh.
    Haha, yeah, looking back I'm not sure why I gave a shit, but the first few were exhilarating.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think once I ran into a shiny rattata in my starting town, after I'd beaten the top gym. I didn't care too much about shinies and it was like level 2,so I just killed it

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Only one, a Shiny Marill.