44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m

Dark Proxy Dev Log

This is a dev log for my sig of my latest program DarkProxy , this program has been a idea I had many years but was never able to implement due to my own socket coding abilities. Recently I have been doing alot of researching to make this idea a reality and after nearly a year of experimenting finally got a satisfactory engine for the program coded.

About
    -----
    Dark Proxy is a proxy server that runs on your local pc. Dark Proxy intercepts traffic from any website and inserts scripts directly into your browser
    of choice. This allows us to do some funky things such as changing the entire layout of a page , directly injecting bots into your web browser or blocking adverts.
    Dark Proxy uses the lua scripting engine to allow users to create custom scripts for any website.

Dev Log
    --------
    MileStone 1 - Proxy engine and basic interface
    Engine was initially completed as a console app , converted to gui app and made a very basic interface for coding ontop of.

Milestrone 2 - Lua script

Next I wanted a scripting language inside my program I implemented lua script to do this and created a few custom functions while testing.

The first script I wanted to make was one to remove this box :

This is my finished script to do just that:

Code:
    <trigger>hostname|www.neopets.com</trigger>
    pagehtml =    getpagehtml(); --Gets Current page html
    pos1 =    find(pagehtml,'Neopets on Facebook');  --Find position of neopets on facebook in html
    if pos1 > -1 then --Text was found
    pos2 = findreversed(pagehtml,"<table",pos1);   -- Search backward from the text Neopets on facebook for opening table tag
    pos3 = find(pagehtml,"table>",pos1) +6; --same as above but search forward for closing table tag
    finalhtml = trimstring(pagehtml,pos2,pos3); --Remove all content between the two table tags
    return finalhtml; --Return the new html to the web browser
    end

It works (tested ie , firefox , chrome)!!

Now we have that down.... more to come soon
    Last edited by DarkByte; 08-07-2015 at 11:11 AM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

Aura (08-09-2015),Daviid (08-11-2015),DJ Music Man (08-10-2015),fairydust201 (08-09-2015),I_royalty_I (08-07-2015),j03 (08-07-2015),learningtoneopet1 (08-10-2015),looklook123123 (08-07-2015),npm (08-07-2015),potatoespotate (08-27-2015),Zachafer (08-07-2015)