Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Account Safety Question

Hi,

I'm a longtime Neopets user. I have a somewhat reputable account. Lately, I've wanted to "start over" but still want to improve my main account.

I just want to make sure that if I start over, the procedures that I've used to conceal my identity from TNT are "safe":

1. I installed a copy of Windows on my Macbook and checked the IPs for both partitions. They are unique.

2. I created a new gmail address and alias.

3. I plan to use Windows or public computers ONLY to log into my new account, and never use the same IP address to log into my new/old main accounts.

4. I searched nothing on my old Neopets account that could be linked to the one I want to create - that is, no pet names, usernames, etc. that could be traced as a connection between accounts.

5. I have two computers, so I can log into both accounts at the same time - I.E. not just one user is playing at once and then switches off to another.

6. If I purchase NC, I'll do so using a prepaid card at a brick-and-mortar store rather than online (where I purchase NC on my "old" main account). This way TNT doesn't have access to my credit card information for those purchases.

Now, I have a few questions. First, if there's anything I missed? Second, I'm moving soon to a new area for school. It's not uncommon for people to move from where I live to this area because a lot of people I went to high school with go to this university, however, I want to make sure that TNT doesn't connect my "new" account to my "old" one - so I'm going to wait until I move to create the "new" one (in other words, it was never accessed from my current location).

For the record, I'm not planning to transfer NPs, items, or pets between the two accounts. I just want a safe account I can start over with to see how far I can get. One I'm not afraid of losing, but has no connection to the one I am afraid of losing.

Thanks!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online