Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Play Magic the Gathering?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Criminal View Post
    No, I gave it all to my little brother who plays still.
    That's very sweet of you! I gave most of my YGO stuff away to then-current players, too.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    30d 23h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    @(you need an account to see links) - once i moved and get settled IM GONNA HANG W/ U BAB AND YOU CAN TEACH ME.

Why, yes. The world does revolve around me.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarl View Post
    I could not locate an appropriate thread section: this isn't always an online game, nor is MTG a videogame... (help?)

Let's discuss MTG, y'all!

My rambles are behind the spoiler.

I play but on the very competitive side, so I cannot offer more casual advice =-/. If you really insist on playing it, I might suggest mono green devotion with turtle in sb for a random matchup? I guess the issue with the turtle is that its susceptible to removal, and kinda slow (pun intended?).
    Queen Bee

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    @(you need an account to see links) - yeah, he's slow, but an Island Walker. Very helpful when he exiles and is guaranteed to hit against a blue control deck, lol. Plus I'm working on flipping defense to attack. He's also pretty sweet with Titanic Growth. I'm learning Standard format right now.

The upcoming card rotation in 3 months has me against building the green white deck for now.

What do you usually run?

@(you need an account to see links) - could we recruit my boyfriend to teach us both? Sometimes the basics still infuriate me, lol! I want to hang with you though!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    @(you need an account to see links) - yeah, he's slow, but an Island Walker. Very helpful when he exiles and is guaranteed to hit against a blue control deck, lol. Plus I'm working on flipping defense to attack. He's also pretty sweet with Titanic Growth. I'm learning Standard format right now.

The upcoming card rotation in 3 months has me against building the green white deck for now.

What do you usually run?

@(you need an account to see links) - could we recruit my boyfriend to teach us both? Sometimes the basics still infuriate me, lol! I want to hang with you though!
    Yea getting into it right after a rotation is always best idea. It's actually not guaranteed since they can still remove it quite easily lol. If it also had hex proof that would be another story. At this moment nothing in particular, but green/black demonic pact from the pro tour day 1 (yesterday) seemed quite interesting.
    Queen Bee

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by haiqtpi View Post
    Yea getting into it right after a rotation is always best idea. It's actually not guaranteed since they can still remove it quite easily lol. If it also had hex proof that would be another story. At this moment nothing in particular, but green/black demonic pact from the pro tour day 1 (yesterday) seemed quite interesting.
    Our local shop was buying the Pacts like crazy, lol.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I play!! Right now I have a red/green standard with the new-ish Atarka cards and a green/black modern deck based on graveyard cycling. I also have a mono-white cat themed deck based on life gain/tokens :3

They're boss as hell, tbh. I haven't been playing as much this summer bc i have no one to play with unless im at college.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by syd View Post
    I play!! Right now I have a red/green standard with the new-ish Atarka cards and a green/black modern deck based on graveyard cycling. I also have a mono-white cat themed deck based on life gain/tokens :3

They're boss as hell, tbh. I haven't been playing as much this summer bc i have no one to play with unless im at college.
    What have you done with your white token/gain-life deck since Zendikar?! I am running an ally gain-life deck at the moment. I have a handful of other win-conditions... but that's my main one.

& have you figured out a way to play Kiora? I'm stuffing her into a Green/White token deck right now. With Hangarback Walker.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    What have you done with your white token/gain-life deck since Zendikar?! I am running an ally gain-life deck at the moment. I have a handful of other win-conditions... but that's my main one.

& have you figured out a way to play Kiora? I'm stuffing her into a Green/White token deck right now. With Hangarback Walker.

Nah, I haven't played for a while. Too poor to buy anything from Zendikar

I do have a few friends that LOVE Kiora, but I'd have to ask them about how they use her. and lucky... with those hangarbacks ;n;

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    @(you need an account to see links) - Hangarback is much cheaper now because the card comes in the premade decks. I've bought a lot of BFZ because the man and I play. It sucks that you can't afford it right now... but I totally understand where you're coming from.

Let me know about Kiora if/when you find out!