Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Anime Are You Watching/Have You Recently Watched?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    For real. But is it only available in Japanese? I think most manga also available in English
    It definitely is in English, but I can get a whole series in Japanese used for like $5 USD. I have angst paying $6-8 per book when I know it's right down the road for a fraction. I've already seen used sets pop up. Maybe I'll use it for incentive to learn Japanese faster.

I got wotokai: love is hard for otaku for literally $5 last weekend. I've already started making notes to help read it. I'll be doing 1 page a night if I can. 😅

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    421 times
    Time Online
    85d 2h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by KJiU View Post
    Glad you are having fun enjoying it xD Well maybe i think hmm.. girls will choose inuyasha more and the guys prefer sesshoumaru but thats just my view on it. And i do understand some can't accept Sess x Rin (i actually hate lolicons but then rin was the only loli that i actually accept mainly due to sesshomaru's storyline). Thou there are oddballs (used to be me before i went back sess x rin) that we ship Sesshouaru and Kikyo together haha 2 baddass couple is aweomse !

Oh there will be plenty of comedy haha and shippo (oops not sure if he appears yet) and jaken is a comedic duo if you throw rin in they can form team rocket haha.

All the character are well developed and i only hate naraku and perhaps the other ugly shorty guy that use posion *not elaborating more to prevent spoilers haha* in the entire series aside from him i still accept and love all the other villains.

I use gogoanime there is multiple ones but i think this one is ok you could perhaps check on it when you reach past seaon 6 .
    (you need an account to see links)
    Oh yes I also didn't like the age gap between Rin and Sesshomaru (I was hoping for more aging on the sequel but well...). Anyway Rin is an adorable character even though she had a harsh past (I only saw the anime so I don't know if the manga explain better her origins).

The Kykyo Kagome Inuyasha talk reminded me of this other boy from high school who was in love with Kagome lol

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

KJiU (06-26-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac Tentacles View Post
    It definitely is in English, but I can get a whole series in Japanese used for like $5 USD. I have angst paying $6-8 per book when I know it's right down the road for a fraction. I've already seen used sets pop up. Maybe I'll use it for incentive to learn Japanese faster.

I got wotokai: love is hard for otaku for literally $5 last weekend. I've already started making notes to help read it. I'll be doing 1 page a night if I can. 😅
    Oh that's amazing! I didn't think about it that way... I'm mostly read online and only buy physical copies of the series I really like.

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Lilac Tentacles (06-26-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I just finished Avatar the Last Airbender but I was recently informed it's not realllllly anime because it's Nickelodeon lol
    I've been recommended Demon Slayer next in my anime watching adventures. I need to find where it's streaming though.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (06-26-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    Oh that's amazing! I didn't think about it that way... I'm mostly read online and only buy physical copies of the series I really like.
    My hubs uses his kindle and just downloads what he likes. I am a book reader. I love holding and smelling my entertainment. That came out weird. Lol
    I had LASIK a handful of years ago and staring at screens without blinking like I do when I read is agony on my eyeballs. So I'll forever be a bookie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    I just finished Avatar the Last Airbender but I was recently informed it's not realllllly anime because it's Nickelodeon lol
    I've been recommended Demon Slayer next in my anime watching adventures. I need to find where it's streaming though.
    Avatar is a gateway anime and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. Uncle Iroh would not stand for such disrespect.

Demon slayer is a good one. I watched a few episodes and it's your normal anime packed with good characters and a decent plot. It's not my type so I didn't finish it, but I think you'll enjoy it. Everyone I know loves it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (06-26-2023),Nattiee (06-27-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    210 times
    Time Online
    41d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Oh yes I also didn't like the age gap between Rin and Sesshomaru (I was hoping for more aging on the sequel but well...). Anyway Rin is an adorable character even though she had a harsh past (I only saw the anime so I don't know if the manga explain better her origins).

The Kykyo Kagome Inuyasha talk reminded me of this other boy from high school who was in love with Kagome lol
    Haha , japan tend to like to do loli and shota themes often not so much shota i guess. I didn't read the manga too so i am not sure if there is extra backstory to rin's past compared to the anime

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    689 times
    Time Online
    216d 7h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    Ahh, how exciting! Even if it's not reallllly one, it's about as close as you're going to get! It won a daytime Emmy award, among many others!

Which of the four nations is your favorite? Who were some of your favorite characters? How did you like the show overall?

A Google search says that Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is streaming on Netflix, Hulu, CrunchyRoll, and Funimation. Looks like there are some options!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    185 times
    Time Online
    44d 6h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    What's a good anime series to get into? I don't need it to be dubbed in English. The last time I watched anime was Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon back in my youth if they count. But I want to get back into it.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    What's a good anime series to get into? I don't need it to be dubbed in English. The last time I watched anime was Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon back in my youth if they count. But I want to get back into it.
    Death Note, Hunter x Hunter, and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood are popular classics. My favorite currently ongoing series in Mob Psycho 100, and I also just finished rewatching the original Trigun which I love. If you have any particular genres you’re interested in feel free to PM me and I can suggest some more!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

Infected (06-27-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    185 times
    Time Online
    44d 6h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by crookedteeth View Post
    Death Note, Hunter x Hunter, and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood are popular classics. My favorite currently ongoing series in Mob Psycho 100, and I also just finished rewatching the original Trigun which I love. If you have any particular genres you’re interested in feel free to PM me and I can suggest some more!
    Death Note was going to be the one, I've had that recommendation from a few friends, but your endorsement may have sealed the deal. Thanks!
    Last edited by Infected; 06-27-2023 at 12:47 PM.