228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    ......heart attack in a small packet waiting to happen :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know, those things are terrible for you!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Reading this and how hard you've worked is an inspiration. Good job and good luck achieving your goal.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    37d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    You're doing great! Keep up the good work.

Losing weight is a bit hard, but with a positive attitude, you can definitely get there!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    I gained weight back :'( My mom seriously won't buy healthy food. I am so upset about this.
    Try the "water challenge" where you drink a gallon of water a day. That eliminates all drinks but water... For starters.

Secondly, try to work with what you have... Maybe suggest things like Knorr pasta sides instead of Ramen and Mac n Cheese, since they can be better, and much tastier than those, and they're usually 10/$10, so 1 is $1. Cheap, but still good. That might get their attention.

Can you cook? Like suggest meal plans that you can cook, and when you choose, make sure it's a healthy meal. That will help, not completely, but one healthy meal per day for 7 days, is a hellava lot better than 0, ya know?

That stinks you gained it back, but you can drop it again, you know you can because you've done it.

Also, wheat bread is like $1 here, so try switching to strictly wheat bread. White bread turns into sugar in your body. That will make a change as well, and you could eat pb&j for lunches on wheat? My friend has lost about 50 lbs just drinking water, running, and eating pb&j haha.

Good luck!
    I love other Jess even tho I log in like twice a year

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessica For This Useful Post:

NinjaRabbit (07-22-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

My weight loss journey so far! I am over halfway there :D

@(you need an account to see links) water challenge? Omg I drink 5L of water every day wow I'm not normal!

I pee a lot lol

Last edited by Naked Gamer; 07-22-2015 at 12:35 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Naked Gamer For This Useful Post:

Jessica (07-22-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Try the "water challenge" where you drink a gallon of water a day. That eliminates all drinks but water... For starters.

Secondly, try to work with what you have... Maybe suggest things like Knorr pasta sides instead of Ramen and Mac n Cheese, since they can be better, and much tastier than those, and they're usually 10/$10, so 1 is $1. Cheap, but still good. That might get their attention.

Can you cook? Like suggest meal plans that you can cook, and when you choose, make sure it's a healthy meal. That will help, not completely, but one healthy meal per day for 7 days, is a hellava lot better than 0, ya know?

That stinks you gained it back, but you can drop it again, you know you can because you've done it.

Also, wheat bread is like $1 here, so try switching to strictly wheat bread. White bread turns into sugar in your body. That will make a change as well, and you could eat pb&j for lunches on wheat? My friend has lost about 50 lbs just drinking water, running, and eating pb&j haha.

Good luck!
    I tried suggesting to my mother we buy healthy things and we came home with kielbasa, pierogies and SALAD. Haha I mostly ate the salad. I think I know what you mean with the Knorr pasta thing, I think I have had them before, I will try suggesting it to her. I don't mind PB&J on wheat but honestly, over any kind of bread, even white, I prefer rye. I keep trying to get her to get that instead but she won't cause it's more expensive.

Isnt it FUCKED how much cheaper it is to be fat in this damn country?

Thank you for all the suggestions <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I tried suggesting to my mother we buy healthy things and we came home with kielbasa, pierogies and SALAD. Haha I mostly ate the salad. I think I know what you mean with the Knorr pasta thing, I think I have had them before, I will try suggesting it to her. I don't mind PB&J on wheat but honestly, over any kind of bread, even white, I prefer rye. I keep trying to get her to get that instead but she won't cause it's more expensive.

Isnt it FUCKED how much cheaper it is to be fat in this damn country?

Thank you for all the suggestions <3
    God yeah it's SO hard to eat healthy because it really is so expensive!

Just keep up on your workout routine, do the water challenge, and just keep trying to make small suggestions.

See if she'll buy you some baby carrots to snack on, they are a life saver for me when I get snacky. And you can use them as a side, too. They're usually on sale here, like 2/$3 or something, so many keep an eye out for the sale papers and try to sit down and see what deals are out there for healthy choices! That's what I do. And usually what's on sale is what I buy!

Could start an "accountability" thread for a workout challenge, that would motivate you, and you'd have all of us here to see that you're being accountable. Plus I'm sure others (even me) would join in! It would make the workouts seem less dull lol.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) water challenge? Omg I drink 5L of water every day wow I'm not normal!

I pee a lot lol

This is the most common way to do the water challenge, but as long as you get 1 gallon (or as close to as possible) every day for 30 days it doesn't matter the type of container lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    God yeah it's SO hard to eat healthy because it really is so expensive!

Just keep up on your workout routine, do the water challenge, and just keep trying to make small suggestions.

See if she'll buy you some baby carrots to snack on, they are a life saver for me when I get snacky. And you can use them as a side, too. They're usually on sale here, like 2/$3 or something, so many keep an eye out for the sale papers and try to sit down and see what deals are out there for healthy choices! That's what I do. And usually what's on sale is what I buy!

Could start an "accountability" thread for a workout challenge, that would motivate you, and you'd have all of us here to see that you're being accountable. Plus I'm sure others (even me) would join in! It would make the workouts seem less dull lol.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

This is the most common way to do the water challenge, but as long as you get 1 gallon (or as close to as possible) every day for 30 days it doesn't matter the type of container lol.
    Well I think part of it is that I don't have heartburn anymore. I don't know, it comes in waves is the best way to describe it. Now I have this spell of time as you can say, that I can eat things I like again. I did that for awhile and then moved in with my mom, with all these horrible (albeit tasty) foods here, and nothing else. So I weighed myself and saw that and decided I needed to eat healthier. So I am trying to do that now.. but my mom is really hindering it. I am going to try the water thing. Hopefully I can do it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

My weight loss journey so far! I am over halfway there :D

Well I think part of it is that I don't have heartburn anymore. I don't know, it comes in waves is the best way to describe it. Now I have this spell of time as you can say, that I can eat things I like again. I did that for awhile and then moved in with my mom, with all these horrible (albeit tasty) foods here, and nothing else. So I weighed myself and saw that and decided I needed to eat healthier. So I am trying to do that now.. but my mom is really hindering it. I am going to try the water thing. Hopefully I can do it.
    I heard it can be hard to drink that much water just from the first day, that your body can kinda be "shocked" but it detoxes you, and at the end you'll feel great! It's really grown into a giant thing in the fitness world, and I'm actually going to start it on the first!

Yeah it can be hard when you aren't being supported, but the real only thing I can think of is asking your mom to buy you a few things on the side, so you have healthy snacks, etc. is your mom overweight? Maybe sit down with her and see how she feels about slightly altering her diet as well, but not majorly, and invite her to do the water challenge with you?