Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

My weight loss journey so far! I am over halfway there :D

Heaviest/start weight: 256 lbs
    Current weight: 190
    Goal weight: around 140

I began this weight loss journey before I moved into this house. We moved in 9 months ago. I thought the heaviest I ever was was 242, but when I went to the hospital a few days ago, they literally said, "Wow, have you been losing weight! Last time you were here, you weighed 256! Congratulations!" and I was floored. I have lost 66 pounds, not 52 as I originally thought!

I have not seen a number under 200 since 8th grade. I am 26 now. The feeling when I saw a 1 on the scale.. I can't even describe it. I started crying, which was really unexpected. When I moved in here, I vowed to change so many things about my life. I wanted to change my attitude, my emotional state when I am in certain situations, and the way I handle them. I have had to harden myself to alot of things, and deal with ALOT of issues that I have kept inside for way too long. I wanted to change how I was with caring about keeping jobs, because I didn't before. What I wanted more than anything though, was to change my body. To be frank, I was disgusting. I am still big, but not nearly as big as I was before, and I am SO proud of what I have accomplished, not just with my weight, but with myself period. I have made great strides in my life lately.

The main reason for wanting to lose weight was my health. To begin, my wretched heartburn. I have it almost 24 hours a day, because I have GERD from a hiatal hernia. I had a stroke, yes a STROKE, when I was 22. I am lucky enough that the detriments to my mind and body were minimal. I am slightly weaker with my left hand/leg, but nothing noticeable. The most notable thing I have suffered is some minor memory/motor issues, but nothing too bad. I have no idea if they are from my weight, but I also have the depression/anxiety. I am tired all the time, have no energy etc. Another reason, loathe as I am to admit it, was for a guy. Not my motivation anymore at all, but it was in the beginning. Another big reason was my father. He is not doing great health-wise and I want to make him proud of me. I want to show him I am someone he should be proud of, not the person I used to be. I am going to Maine July 23rd, and I want to lose as much as I can before I go. He will be VERY happy. He literally has nightmares about me dying from a heart attack, and he is terrified that is going to happen.

Here is a before picture of me (with my dad <3)

Another of me from the side.

Now, a pic I took about a month ago, when I was at 202

It's honestly really hard to believe I ever looked like that.. but looking at these pictures makes me see how far I have really come. I can feel parts of me getting smaller, but it is a whole different story actually seeing my progress. There is a marked difference in my face and arms, and the rest of me too but mostly there. My breasts have shrunk a bit but hey, it's a small price to pay. I am still working toward my goal. I am getting used to being smaller, I have been fat all of my life. I honestly made myself overweight on purpose when I was about 11 or 12, because of emotional reasons. I am dealing with the issues cropping up from losing this security blanket, and they are not easy. But I know I need to do this, and I know I will. I am proud.

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Ph0enix For This Useful Post:

Aura (06-16-2015),Bani (06-30-2015),Bowsette (06-19-2015),Charlie (06-30-2015),Cub (06-17-2015),Emily (06-28-2015),Foxglove (12-06-2015),Ghosts (07-22-2015),goldentryst (07-19-2015),heyjay (06-19-2015),Jessica (06-17-2015),Kevin! (06-17-2015),Lavendrae (06-17-2015),learningtoneopet1 (06-17-2015),Naomi (06-29-2015),potatoespotate (07-23-2015),Roslyn (06-17-2015),Sakuras (06-20-2015),Shizuku (06-17-2015),Skarl (06-17-2015),Teal (06-17-2015),teddy (08-12-2015),♥ Wooloo ♥ (07-01-2015),zxzero (06-19-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    248 times
    Time Online
    58d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    This is a wonderful update. When you start to get closer to that GW, start using a tape measure. That way you'll know if you're truly plateauing or if you're shape is just changing. (: Congratulations!

I love Jess

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Roslyn For This Useful Post:

Cub (06-17-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    46d 21h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    You've inspired me!

Three years ago, I had lost 85lbs starting from 245. I was happy and carefree for the first time in my life. My social anxiety causes me to sweat unreasonable amounts, so when I am heavy it is so much more worse.. when I got down to 170 (my healthy weight being 150) I felt FANTASTIC. No sweats. No having to pad my bra with tissues, to use baby powder to avoid chaffing.
    Yes, it got ugly. And it still is now, because...

My old boyfriend broke up with me. A year later, I had gained 40lbs from my state of depression. I then met my fiance and gained a whopping 60lbs from his mom's cooking (omg, cakes. omg, yeast rolls. omg, home made country plates of green beans, mashed tatoes, biscuits, chicken/ham, gravy. so good so bad) He comes from a side of big people. His dad is big. His mom is big. We're all nice, plump, and full.
    Now I weigh a grand sum of 265lbs. I won't post photos to facebook, I don't want to go out (unless drive thru status at food places...)

Maybe forum posting (or in other words body shaming myself) will encourage me to work into a better life style like you. I wish you luck on your adventure, I have just decided (thanks to you) that I shall start mine again, too!

*clink glass* To lifestyle changes! Hurrah!
    Last edited by Shizuku; 06-17-2015 at 07:38 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shizuku For This Useful Post:

Jessica (06-17-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    This is fantastic! You have every reason to be proud. I love that you have so much motivation to pull from, so that you're able to continue these impressive strides.

You look beautiful at 202! You look much happier. It's hard to believe that those pictures are all the same woman... I think the weight loss emphasizes your breasts, too. Quite a striking figure!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Criminal View Post
    This is a wonderful update. When you start to get closer to that GW, start using a tape measure. That way you'll know if you're truly plateauing or if you're shape is just changing. (: Congratulations!
    That's a great idea, thanks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    28d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    This is awesome! I went through a lifestyle change three years ago and went from 180 to 115. I've bounced back a little due to some stuff but am back in the swing of eating right. If you ever need any help or have any questions feel free to message me ! Long term weight loss is a two front war against your brain and your body, so it's so great that you've come as far as you have.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Owl For This Useful Post:

Jessica (06-17-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by jeckles View Post
    You've inspired me!

Three years ago, I had lost 85lbs starting from 245. I was happy and carefree for the first time in my life. My social anxiety causes me to sweat unreasonable amounts, so when I am heavy it is so much more worse.. when I got down to 170 (my healthy weight being 150) I felt FANTASTIC. No sweats. No having to pad my bra with tissues, to use baby powder to avoid chaffing.
    Yes, it got ugly. And it still is now, because...

My old boyfriend broke up with me. A year later, I had gained 40lbs from my state of depression. I then met my fiance and gained a whopping 60lbs from his mom's cooking (omg, cakes. omg, yeast rolls. omg, home made country plates of green beans, mashed tatoes, biscuits, chicken/ham, gravy. so good so bad) He comes from a side of big people. His dad is big. His mom is big. We're all nice, plump, and full.
    Now I weigh a grand sum of 265lbs. I won't post photos to facebook, I don't want to go out (unless drive thru status at food places...)

Maybe forum posting (or in other words body shaming myself) will encourage me to work into a better life style like you. I wish you luck on your adventure, I have just decided (thanks to you) that I shall start mine again, too!

*clink glass* To lifestyle changes! Hurrah!
    So happy to have inspired someone, you can do it! (;

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skarl View Post
    This is fantastic! You have every reason to be proud. I love that you have so much motivation to pull from, so that you're able to continue these impressive strides.

You look beautiful at 202! You look much happier. It's hard to believe that those pictures are all the same woman... I think the weight loss emphasizes your breasts, too. Quite a striking figure!
    Thank you, that was so nice of you to say! I know what you mean I can't believe it's me either.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    This is awesome! I went through a lifestyle change three years ago and went from 180 to 115. I've bounced back a little due to some stuff but am back in the swing of eating right. If you ever need any help or have any questions feel free to message me ! Long term weight loss is a two front war against your brain and your body, so it's so great that you've come as far as you have.
    It's definitely not easy avoiding temptation, but the fact that my heartburn pretty much prevents me from eating more than a bit or two of food, is most likely the reason I am losing weight in the first place haha

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ph0enix For This Useful Post:

Skarl (06-17-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Congratulations on your progress!
    You look amazing and much happier.

Keep us updated!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Teal For This Useful Post:

Jessica (06-17-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    Heaviest/start weight: 256 lbs
    Current weight: 190
    Goal weight: around 140

I began this weight loss journey before I moved into this house. We moved in 9 months ago. I thought the heaviest I ever was was 242, but when I went to the hospital a few days ago, they literally said, "Wow, have you been losing weight! Last time you were here, you weighed 256! Congratulations!" and I was floored. I have lost 66 pounds, not 52 as I originally thought!

I have not seen a number under 200 since 8th grade. I am 26 now. The feeling when I saw a 1 on the scale.. I can't even describe it. I started crying, which was really unexpected. When I moved in here, I vowed to change so many things about my life. I wanted to change my attitude, my emotional state when I am in certain situations, and the way I handle them. I have had to harden myself to alot of things, and deal with ALOT of issues that I have kept inside for way too long. I wanted to change how I was with caring about keeping jobs, because I didn't before. What I wanted more than anything though, was to change my body. To be frank, I was disgusting. I am still big, but not nearly as big as I was before, and I am SO proud of what I have accomplished, not just with my weight, but with myself period. I have made great strides in my life lately.

The main reason for wanting to lose weight was my health. To begin, my wretched heartburn. I have it almost 24 hours a day, because I have GERD from a hiatal hernia. I had a stroke, yes a STROKE, when I was 22. I am lucky enough that the detriments to my mind and body were minimal. I am slightly weaker with my left hand/leg, but nothing noticeable. The most notable thing I have suffered is some minor memory/motor issues, but nothing too bad. I have no idea if they are from my weight, but I also have the depression/anxiety. I am tired all the time, have no energy etc. Another reason, loathe as I am to admit it, was for a guy. Not my motivation anymore at all, but it was in the beginning. Another big reason was my father. He is not doing great health-wise and I want to make him proud of me. I want to show him I am someone he should be proud of, not the person I used to be. I am going to Maine July 23rd, and I want to lose as much as I can before I go. He will be VERY happy. He literally has nightmares about me dying from a heart attack, and he is terrified that is going to happen.

Here is a before picture of me (with my dad <3)

Another of me from the side.

Now, a pic I took about a month ago, when I was at 202

It's honestly really hard to believe I ever looked like that.. but looking at these pictures makes me see how far I have really come. I can feel parts of me getting smaller, but it is a whole different story actually seeing my progress. There is a marked difference in my face and arms, and the rest of me too but mostly there. My breasts have shrunk a bit but hey, it's a small price to pay. I am still working toward my goal. I am getting used to being smaller, I have been fat all of my life. I honestly made myself overweight on purpose when I was about 11 or 12, because of emotional reasons. I am dealing with the issues cropping up from losing this security blanket, and they are not easy. But I know I need to do this, and I know I will. I am proud.
    Quite a journey! I hope that you learned a lot about yourself as well. I expect to see a whole new swag with you on these forums! I sincerely hope that your success, and future success to come, bring you the utmost confidence and happiness. You will find a whole new world of opportunities out there once you are finally confident and secure in yourself
    Queen Bee