30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m

Abortion - Pro Life? [in depth]

I know there is another thread up about abortion, but this is a little more specific.

I noticed in the other thread that a majority of people were pro-life, so I figured I would pose this to you.

We were having a talk in my sociology class today about a number of things and abortion came up.
    There were a few people with very heated opinions.

My teacher then turned to a student who was very against it and asked:

If you are pro-life, are you also pro-housing, pro-education, pro-food, etc etc.

Essentially, if you are pro-life, what about the rest of the childs life. You want to bring the life into the world but do you care about what happens to the child later in life?
    What if the mother/parents cannot afford to properly care for the baby and it lives in terrible conditions, malnourished, cannot receive a proper education, etc.

Are you still pro-life? How far reaching is your opinion of pro-life?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Sqwahba (02-16-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well my personal opinion is a fetus doesn't really have a mind yet that can think and if you abort it it wouldn't be that bad. "As for abortion in general, I think that before a certain point(can't exactly put my finger on the exact point) a fetus is just a bundle of cells and not a living human yet. At that point it's no worse than masturbating."

All I mean to say is the faster you abort the better.

LOL where did my second post go?
    Last edited by 13800038; 02-16-2012 at 05:58 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 13800038 For This Useful Post:

Sqwahba (02-16-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Well that answers the question of pro-life or pro-choice, but that really wasn't what I was trying to get at.
    My questions was more geared towards people who are pro-life, which it seemed most people on the other thread were, and opening their blinders/pushing them a little further, making them think a little more than they might have.

Not trying to pick on anybody in particular.
    I'm pro-choice if it matters. I won't go into why as it doesn't really pertain to this.

But my initial thought when making the thread was to get some honest answers from people who are pro-life and make them think.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    201 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well here is my response to this. I believe that most people who are pro life aren't Hardcore about it. Hardcore pro-life people would not care about what you just mentioned. They don't care if the mother was raped or whether the child would grow up with proper resources.

Well they do take it into account but it doesn't affect the fact that abortion would mean that the child would have a 0 percent chance of ever growing up.

I find it funny for the pro choice people that they would not give the child a choice and chance.

The future isn't set in stone.

If people want to abort their baby, let them do it. There are so many ways to have a miscarriage or accident. We can't stop them.
    But making abortion legal would be fucked up.

My personal stance?

Pro life. Some babies don't make it. But better to try and die than to die before you can try.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelsaint For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (02-16-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Well the other ways of aborting a baby include things like drug/alcohol abuse, or possibly inflicting self harm.
    I'm sure if it came down to it and abortions was made illegal, people would resort to things like that. Would that be more beneficial than just providing a simple way of helping them out if they get an unplanned pregnancy?

I am pro-choice because if you don't want a baby, then you don't have to have a baby. Better to have an abortion if you are not ready, then to have a baby and not be ready for all the responsibilities that come with it.

Yes, you can always put it up for adoption. But if abortion was made illegal, how many more babies without their original families would there be? How many kids would go to foster care? Is that the best route?

It is ultimately up to the mother to decide what she wants to do, and I don't think anybody should be able to tell her otherwise, honestly. Maybe they could take the babies that people want to abort and put them into the uterus of those who are pro-life so that they can "save the life" xD