33/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 10h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    I walk an average of 20 miles a day at work but I love food so I'm not as lean as I could be. Plus I smoke so that doesn't help with my lack of blood flow and muscle memory.
    That's a lot of walking, do you measure golf courses haha?

I quit smoking only a few months ago, huge huge difference in my body.

Not worth it though haha, I miss it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I find that what you put into your body is just as, if not more important than exercise. I lost 10 pounds without meaning to when I went on a trip to another country because we drank green and oolong tea frequently. The fact that there was no sugar in any of the food was a huge deal as well. Neila Rey has some great work outs though if you want to build muscle! (:

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    8h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    I'm trying to get back into shape, where I used to be.
    I've gained nearly 10 pounds since last year.

So cK, what's your workout routine? How do you stay in shape?
    Depends, what do you consider in shape?

My own personal routine has changed throughout my last couple of months. I used to do: ABCDxEx <-- 1 full week (Monday-Sunday) *Abs can be done whenever

A - Chest/Biceps
    B - Legs
    C - Back/Traps
    D - Shoulders/Triceps
    E - Full Body
    x - Rest Days

Now I do the Arnold Schwarzenegger routine which is: ABCABCx <-- 1 full week (Monday-Sunday) *Abs can be done whenever

A - Chest/Back
    B - Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps
    C - Legs/Traps
    x - Rest days

As someone who is trying to gain mass I avoid cardiovascular activity like the plague, but instead maintain a healthy calorie intake with several supplements for fat burning. Some of my personal examples are green tea extract and black coffee (sugar/sweetener can be added).

For my female friends who are embracing the fitness lifestyle and trying to lose weight I suggest drinking 1 cup of coffee a day and cardiovascular activity. Cardiovascular activity can vary for the individual, but my own personal suggestions are jogging, walking, or even playing a sport on the regular. However, you need to incorporate some light weight lifting into your routine to not lose so much muscle while doing your cardio.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    @(you need an account to see links) I want to get toned and be lean, you know this. Of course, that's hard when I eat shit and sit on my ass all day.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    151/1
    Mentioned
    442 times
    Time Online
    122d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    M: Back/Shoulders/Traps/Bi - Abs + Cardio
    T: Legs/Delts - Cardio
    W: Chest/Bi/Tri - Abs + Cardio
    so on... bi's every other day.. traps = back day
    tri on chest.. simple

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Don't really have a schedule, but basically fridays-sundays I usually spend 3-5 hr at the gym on the elliptical while watching anime or cartoons on a kindle

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarlet View Post
    Don't really have a schedule, but basically fridays-sundays I usually spend 3-5 hr at the gym on the elliptical while watching anime or cartoons on a kindle
    Watch your fave shows and work out.
    I should do something like that, might make it more enjoyable.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    2days chest then 2days legs with 1day off when I'll normally just sit in a steam room to recover with loads of water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    17h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm currently strength training because I want to do competitive martial arts soon - I'm going to take kendo.

This routine is not for the western looking workout body though - you'll end up lean and mean. Plus, I have a lot of qualms about some things that are encouraged in the west. For example, a V shaped body is considered attractive - I'm trying to get rid of it because that shape of body ruins the strength of organ toning (and therefore compression) every time you breathe - the internal compression is weaker. Also, a flared chest in the standard miltary posture is bad. Its better to let the shoulders relax and round inwards.

Also, lifting weights does make you strong, but there is a major problem with some of these. Some vectors of force trained are rarely used in actual life, which is why I prefer gymnastics - I want to get more bang for my buck. Anyways, I'm going to stop talking about this now. I have a lot of problems with the Western stuff lol.

First, some stretching for 20 min before (more than 20 can be really bad and not pretty).

I don't use weights - just gymnastic style exercises to train the body that build up to their one-limbed variations. Meditation to train the mind and let the body rest, and then some martial arts to further train the mind and body.

It's bad idea to rain strength and endurance at the same time - you would slow down your progress (You can really only develop one type of muscle fiber at a time). Much better to build up a massive amount of strength (1 handed gymnastic style pushups/handstand pushups for example - these are the pinnacle of body-weight strength) than building up your endurance later.

And maybe some wind sprinting - martial arts teaches you how to better utilize your body to move - so you can really reach impressive speeds; dancing is an alternative to martial arts.
    Last edited by thfrozenkite; 07-13-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    77/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    33d 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    My workout routine consists of both my diet and exercise, as I think both are important to lose weight and stay fit.

I drink a lot of water, and I have 7 meals a day, each one small but leaves me satiated.
    Each meal has protein, very rarely carbs, and a lot of nutrition. I eat vitamin pills as well.
    I also have one cup of plain coffee in the morning.
    People think I'm starving, but in actuality I'm very satiated after each meal and simply not bloated. And after conforming to this routine for three days, my body adapts to it.

And I dance for 1 hour in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon.
    Sometimes I swim for 2 hours a day instead of dancing, depends on how I feel.

My first try, I lost 10 pounds in 1&1/2 week.