Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    I lift weights to tone my arms and what not. I'm just thinking about getting more into visible muscles, without the manly aspect as I see a lot of women begin so stop looking feminine.
    What size weights do you use?

I want to tone up and get defined as well, but I'm afraid of looking manly. I know many guys who say they find it unattractive. I usually use small weights and it still makes somewhat of a difference.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    72 times
    Time Online
    32d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    What size weights do you use?

I want to tone up and get defined as well, but I'm afraid of looking manly. I know many guys who say they find it unattractive. I usually use small weights and it still makes somewhat of a difference.
    Well I used to do competitive cheer leading as a main base (holding more weight and literally lifting and throwing people over my head) so my weights are gonna be more. Just lift what you can, anything will do work.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Well I used to do competitive cheer leading as a main base (holding more weight and literally lifting and throwing people over my head) so my weights are gonna be more. Just lift what you can, anything will do work.
    Thanks for the advice. I honestly try not to go heavier than 5 pound weights (hand weights).
    If I'm doing machines, I'll go a bit heavier.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    72 times
    Time Online
    32d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I honestly try not to go heavier than 5 pound weights (hand weights).
    If I'm doing machines, I'll go a bit heavier.
    Do enough to make a difference, probably around 10-20 lbs would not make you masculine, but would give you a much better work out.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    21d 23h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I love girls that look like they could beat me up.

That aside, it's extremely hard to become too bulky as a woman. In order to do that, you'd have to be training really hard and taking in excess for months, at least.
    If you're fit and have larger muscles already but want to make your muscles more visible, I think the best bet would be to lose fat, no? You could have lots of muscles but if you have equally as much fat, they won't show.

Anyway, that's my thought? Let me know if I got anything wrong. It's been a while since I've been into fitness.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    416 times
    Time Online
    50d 2h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    bulking is extremely challenging for women, and it involves high amounts of testosterone and supplements that the average person does not take/use.
    Watch

she explains it in further detail.

tbh its one of my biggest pet peeve is that people don't wanna use weights because they are scared they are gonna bulk up, like the amount of dedication it takes to become "bulky" is not something anybody considering bodybuilding as a LIFESTYLE usually worries about.
    If you are lifting as just an exercise regime, then you will pretty much have nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by Cub; 05-30-2015 at 05:04 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cub For This Useful Post:

Guy (05-30-2015),Lavendrae (05-30-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    13d 6h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I personally think its hotter to be well toned than like totally jacked if you're a girl C: its def nice to have some definition but tbh I think it looks nicer when its more subtle