DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    248 times
    Time Online
    58d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    The only somewhat recent one that comes to mind is Cabin in the Woods. Generally I'm unimpressed when it comes to modern horror movies. This one was very entertaining. I guess it might fall more under thriller, though.

I love Jess

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Criminal View Post
    The only somewhat recent one that comes to mind is Cabin in the Woods. Generally I'm unimpressed when it comes to modern horror movies. This one was very entertaining. I guess it might fall more under thriller, though.
    I loved that it so intentionally used the tropes of the genre. Post-modern horror.

Quote Originally Posted by kiyomi View Post
    My favorite villain is of course none other than Freddy Krueger. The original not the remake which is laughable. I just couldn't get over the nose... smh lol
    You'll probably think me blasphemous, but I was never impressed with the Nightmare on Elm St movies. As a little kid watching The Simpsons, I thought it'd be the coolest thing ever, but I was underwhelmed. The only time Freddy ever scared me was when I was on a ghost train ride at the fair at age 5. I got through the whole ride like a tough little bitch, turned to my dad to say it wasn't scary, then Freddy randomly jumped out just before the end.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    12d 11h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
    I loved that it so intentionally used the tropes of the genre. Post-modern horror.

You'll probably think me blasphemous, but I was never impressed with the Nightmare on Elm St movies. As a little kid watching The Simpsons, I thought it'd be the coolest thing ever, but I was underwhelmed. The only time Freddy ever scared me was when I was on a ghost train ride at the fair at age 5. I got through the whole ride like a tough little bitch, turned to my dad to say it wasn't scary, then Freddy randomly jumped out just before the end.
    lol When I was a kid I found all horror scary... But was forced to watch it. And we won't get into that. But for some reason around 11 I just got over the fear. I don't find NOES scary. But for some reason I just love Freddy. Couldn't find anything as a teenager that would make me jump.. And as an adult I still can't find that shock factor in any movie.

I remember when I went to see The Devil Inside in theaters and while everyone else was jumping and freaking out I was laughing. It was more entertaining to see my cousin jump out of her theater seat into the floor and hide her face than watching the movie.
    Last edited by kiyomi; 05-26-2015 at 04:40 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kiyomi For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (05-26-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    21d 23h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    The Lazarus Effect!
    It's a pretty recent movie but I'm not sure many people know if it?
    I enjoyed it as a movie but I'm particularly biased because I love 4/5 of the actors/actresses. Doesn't have particularly good reviews though. I'd love to see what you think about it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lavendrae For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (05-26-2015)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavendrae View Post
    The Lazarus Effect!
    It's a pretty recent movie but I'm not sure many people know if it?
    I enjoyed it as a movie but I'm particularly biased because I love 4/5 of the actors/actresses. Doesn't have particularly good reviews though. I'd love to see what you think about it.
    I saw this on IMDB the other day when trawling for new titles, actually. It's on the list.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Lavendrae (05-26-2015)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    The Lazarus Effect review is now online, @(you need an account to see links). It's a movie worth watching, but if you're a fan of logic like I am, it can be annoying. There were many aspects we speak about in the podcast that show how the issues in plot holes spoiled what was a technically well made film.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Lavendrae (06-01-2015)