7/0
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    117d 22h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 1m

Red face makeup recommendations needed!

hey makeup wearers of clraik - i'm in need of makeup recommendations. specifically hydrating foundations.
    i've started a new regime that's really improved my skin, so i'd love to start wearing makeup again - but i am so lost when it comes to foundation.
    any recommendations? thanks in advance!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    51d 16h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    Hi,
    Any reference on what type of foundation? I think if you want hydrating then cushion is the way to go! Right now I�m using Amorepacific Color Control Cushion. It gives good coverage (I�d say medium), has 50+ spf, and smell AMAZING! My skin tends to get dry patches after a couple of hours, but that doesn�t happen with this foundation

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Melle For This Useful Post:

♥ honeycomb ♥ (08-02-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    5d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I use Clinique Even Better or Laura Mercier from Sephora, they cost $43 and $50 respectively. Keep in mind I'm a guy, but I also get red, blotchy skin so I use Nyx Colour Concealer in Green and Orange for my cover ups.

Highlighter I use Jeffree Star Liquid Frost Highlighter, I find it blends right in and doesn't look chalky like powdered foundation can sometimes in your pores.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xiloscient For This Useful Post:

♥ honeycomb ♥ (08-02-2019),Yeri (08-02-2019)

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    I dont dabble too much in makeup anymore (I just do drugstore whatever) so I cant help, but...

Drop that skin routine doe

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 4h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I REALLY like Kat Von D Lock-It. It's very thick and heavy IMO so just a tiny drop covers my face. I also tend to get really red and have blotchy skin so it gives me a nice even tone. I got mine at Sephora (but you can also get it on Amazon). I tried my color and it went on super light so I opted for 2 shades darker.

I like Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser because I have visible pores on my cheeks so that goes underneath my foundation. When I'm not using Kat Von D I'll use Mac Studio Fix (powder in a compact). I don't have a "OMG girly makeup routine" and I dislike wearing it, so I just kinda do it to get rid of the redness and smooth myself out a bit. I don't look like a movie star but the end result looks very soft and natural (my coworkers were surprised I even wore makeup). For me, they last all day.

Those 2 foundations really cover up my blemishes (I'm lightly freckled and they even cover those). I'd recommend trying a sample of Kat Von D. Its meant to cover up tattoos so a thin, even layer for foundation is good enough!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiore For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    117d 22h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    I dont dabble too much in makeup anymore (I just do drugstore whatever) so I cant help, but...

Drop that skin routine doe
    fhgfghfh it's nothing too exciting - it's this weird subscription prescription stuff called Curology. It's expensive but I qualified for their financial aid program so I get 2 yrs of product for free so figured it was worth trying and hoooly shit I'm coming up on 2 months of using it and?? My skin is so much better??? I deal with rly bad adult cystic acne, rosacea, and suuuper dry skin so my skin is not happy. I've tried so much shit for it and this is the only thing that's actually worked for me.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to honeycomb For This Useful Post:

Maki (08-02-2019),Yeri (08-02-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5d 5h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletons View Post
    fhgfghfh it's nothing too exciting - it's this weird subscription prescription stuff called Curology. It's expensive but I qualified for their financial aid program so I get 2 yrs of product for free so figured it was worth trying and hoooly shit I'm coming up on 2 months of using it and?? My skin is so much better??? I deal with rly bad adult cystic acne, rosacea, and suuuper dry skin so my skin is not happy. I've tried so much shit for it and this is the only thing that's actually worked for me.
    That sounds so good! You described some of my problems. I don't know about cystic acne but I definitely have some kind of acne, my main issue is dairy though, I'm intolerant and it comes out in my skin. I was tempted to try Proactiv as it always has good reviews but my skin is pretty sensitive to change. I'm pleased you've found something that works for you.

Back to your question! My foundation is MAC Studio Fix Fluid, every time I try and change I have to go back so I don't bother any more, it's the only thing that works for me. It's full coverage though so I'm not sure how you'd feel about that. A cushion foundation like Melle mentioned could work for you and they aren't too full but build-able. Laneige do a good BB cushion but the colour range is pretty slim.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yeri For This Useful Post:

♥ honeycomb ♥ (08-02-2019),Maki (08-02-2019)