Thread: Can you take a preworkout "too often"?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    8d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Can you take a preworkout "too often"?

I've recently started taking/drinking women's preworkouts before the gym. It's pretty damn amazing and really gets me focused and motivated. I've tried FitMiss Ignite and have moved over to Athena (pretty damn great).

My question is, is preworkout like coffee where you have a tolerance for it?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 12h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Yes, your body will get used to anythjng over time. It's like why some people like foods & others don't. The truth isn't that people don't like a food - it's that they aren't accustomed to it. Once your body gets used to something, especially something that gives you instant energy, it will rely on it. I avoid all energy drinks/shots for this reason. I wouldn't recommend drinking those before workouts, unless you make a homemade alternative which is healthier. Most pre packaged supplements are not very healthy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (05-06-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    11d 3h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    They are ok every once in a while but your body will start to depend on it for a boost so I would recommend only taking it every so often

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    151/1
    Mentioned
    442 times
    Time Online
    122d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    How old are you? Don't take it if your to young, your probably not and ok not the one who should be calling people young but umm it is basically like coffee or food. Alternatives are that anyways

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    You should try to switch brands once in awhile. I find that it doesn't work as well the more you take it in general. I was pretty firm on needing pre-workout. I started off taking half a scoop of the Arnold stuff because it was strong to me and it worked but I gradually worked up to a full scoop to get it to work. I got off of it though; I just simply go now at my best: in the morning after I eat breakfast and sit for half an hour to an hour and just not use caffeine or pre-workout in general. It's not good in the long run any way so I wouldn't place a reliance on it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    You just need to be aware of what is actually in the mix. A lot of them have necessary vitamins and amino acids that not only help with your performance but recovery as well. You will be fine to take it before your work out. Provided you are only doing once a day. I personally only did it once a day, on my more rigorous workouts. Even when doing two a days. Just remember, stay hydrated and never take more than directed.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    416 times
    Time Online
    50d 2h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by goldentryst View Post
    I've recently started taking/drinking women's preworkouts before the gym. It's pretty damn amazing and really gets me focused and motivated. I've tried FitMiss Ignite and have moved over to Athena (pretty damn great).

My question is, is preworkout like coffee where you have a tolerance for it?
    omg i was using fitmiss too, i started having to take 1.5 - 2 scoops a session though.
    I changed over to GAT nitraflex and I am really liking it, it doesnt have creatine in it which is nice.

I try to only take it when I am doing heavy lifiting days or when I am actually exhausted. Ive found that my tolerence has decreased which has benefited me when I actually need the caffeine.
    Last edited by Cub; 05-30-2015 at 05:11 AM.