DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    35d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I really don't understand why people think its awful that if a woman doesn't want the pregnancy and the man does that people think its okay to force her to give up her body for 9 months, but not just her body. Pro-life often argues that the woman should just choose adoption if she does not want the baby. Problem is, women get sick, have pains, and much more during a pregnancy. For example, for me at just ~12 weeks I was having acute morning sickness which I am 100% sure hindered my school work and college education. If I had been forced to carry to term I would have probably had to have withdraw from the upcoming semester. If I stood up longer than 2 mins I would puke which means that would have also hindered my job if I had one back then. I could not eat and keep it down. I lost 16 lbs during those 12 weeks of pregnancy because of the morning sickness.

What gives anyone the right to force me to put my life on hold and suffer like that for 9 months? I believe that the women should get 100% of the say on an abortion. If the man wants the kid than he can take it and incubate it in his uterus. Oh wait. He doesn't have one. Until science can have the man carry the child without forcing the women to undergo any type of surgery, pain, or otherwise inconvenience than the woman should get the say as it is absolutely asking her to give up her bodily autonomy for 9 months.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to katix For This Useful Post:

Aura (04-29-2015),Clear (04-30-2015),Foxglove (06-11-2016),funtimes (08-02-2015),Jessica (06-08-2015),Winona (07-15-2015)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    99d 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    in 8th grade i, as well as most of my class, was blinded into believing that abortion was nothing but evil baby killing. for a few years i was incredibly pro-life lol and it was disgusting
    i have zero maternal instinct, so getting pregnant for me would pretty much ruin everything.

what most "pro-lifers" like LeafeonQueen dont really understand is pro-life itself means they are against ALL abortion, not JUST for themselves. the fact that she wouldn't get one ever, but would be okay and not offended if any other woman does means she's still pro-choice.
    pro-life is movement driven by hateful people giving out false information and guilt tripped pregnant woman to keep a baby they don't want to/are incapable of, etc.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lazuli For This Useful Post:

Amparo (09-24-2015),Clear (05-02-2015),Jessica (06-08-2015),Sakuras (05-03-2015),Winona (07-15-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Very true, Sableye. Pro-choice indicates that you believe in a CHOICE to abort OR TO KEEP. Just because you would personally choose to keep does not mean you are pro-life, if you believe that others have the right to choose not to keep. If you believe that aborting is wrong, and no one should choose to do this, THEN you are pro-life.

Luckily for me, I grew up in a very liberal place and it wasn't something that was ever shoved down my throat. But pro-lifers have a tendency to try to guilt/persuade women into having children they don't want by saying things to scare them. Such as, having an abortion makes it harder to have kids in the future, a majority of women regret their decision to abort, etc. (These are untrue just fyi).
    「マスター」

"I will protect you. Even if it destroys me."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clear For This Useful Post:

Jessica (06-08-2015),Lazuli (05-02-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    248 times
    Time Online
    58d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Early abortions, sure. But later abortions should not be okay, unless mother's life is at risk/severe genetic defect/ect.

Abortion is one of those topics I quit trying to debate. No matter how shiny you think your lists of pros and cons are, you're probably not going to convince those who feel equally as strong about their own lists. Intelligent discussions are nice I suppose, but a truly intelligent person would be able to see the perspective of both sides of the spectrum no matter where he or she stands. In my humble opinion, anyway.

I love Jess

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Roslyn For This Useful Post:

Jessica (06-08-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    5d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    i tottally agree with you, will someday everyone think like us?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think this is better than leting them born and have a life they don't deserve, also if they let them get born, the criticism get worst when people normally don't know reasons, I think this is ok but don't let it go until the final months or something like that

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Every women should have the right to choose what to do with her body. No women owes her body to anything.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    To me, the damning argument in favor of abortion is that when you make it illegal, women don't stop having them. The abortion rate stays the same and the mortality rate from abortion goes up. Women lose their lives, and sometimes fertility, over botched, unsafe abortions.

Nobody argues that fetuses are human. At least, I don't think they should. Being able to bond with an infant is a modern privilege given to us by medicine. Most of us are horrified by the idea of babies and children dying. I think it's sad, but I also think there's a moral argument in favor of ending a human life when it's neither sentient nor wanted. We, and our foster care system, don't have unlimited resources to take care of everyone.

And there are a lot of us. We should focus on taking care of the ones who are already here.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    20h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by riedy View Post
    Every women should have the right to choose what to do with her body. No women owes her body to anything.

Damn right. That and I feel that women should not give birth if they arent ready for it. Be it financially or mentally/emotionally. It's just unfair to the child if he/she ends up being born and is not treated right.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by riedy View Post
    While I am totally pro choice, I do not even agree for those reasons. I just cannot for the life (no pun intended) of me understand why people think that in the case of abortion, it is ok to tell someone that they cannot have one. If you are anti abortion..dont get one? The whole argument against abortion is so illogical in terms of it being policy. So you want to make it illegal for a woman to get an abortion because it is murder etc, and yet, in this country, police cannot be properly brought to justice for homicide? How about the question of what happens to an unwanted child? Oh they live in foster care/are resented by their parents if they decide to keep? Yeah, because the statistics on mental health and foster care are totally suggesting that the experience doesnt fuck them up at all...oh wait.

My point is that it doesn't matter what the reason is, abortion should be legal. It isnt even a matter of womens rights to me, its just simple logic. I have not see a single argument that doesn't revolve around religion, it is idiotic. It is just like the whole anti stem cell people in this country...well here is some perspective..IRAN allows stem cell research - BOOM, mind blown.

I think that part of the reason why so much resistence is made in this country may be the direction that pro choice advocates are taking, while it is totally correct to suggest that our mostly male legislature has NO right to tell women what they can do with their bodies, I think that the arguments should be made even more logical and not about sex. I see the resistance to abortion similar to the whole race v police training issue in this country. If you make it about race, people are a lot more hesitant and resistant to change, while if you make it a matter of police training, things get done a lot quicker. If you simply make abortion about logic and statistics, then it is pretty hard to be against it in terms of creating policy. If you dont like it, dont get one....

You know, the funny thing is that right wing nutjobs like to talk a lot about the founding fathers, the tea party likes to dress in similar fashion as they did, and yet they have ZERO understanding of these actual people and their philosophies. The amount of religious nonsense in American politics is mind-blowing, enough to force me to drink when I think about it. The world would be such a better place if people stopped trying to tell others what they should do, who they should marry, etc, and focused more on the sick, the starving, the poor, and certainly, education (see Trump supporters).

I guess that live and let live is just too boring of a philosophy for some people.
    Queen Bee