21/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNokezo View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I think i expressed myself bad. I meant that one of the most used argue of "pro-life" people from here is that they would never abort, and this makes no sense at all, as no one is asking them to do it.
    So they refuse to be Pro-choice because they want people to respect their choice ? That's not very logical XD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gilly777 For This Useful Post:

MrNokezo (06-06-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 23h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    This post is quite old but reading through it, it makes me sad how insensitive some people are. I am 100000% pro choice and while I would never have an abortion myself(simply because I get upset stepping on an ant), I would never condemn others.

HOWEVER, some of the posts I've read on here seem very anti-male. Of course no man can or should force a woman to keep a child she doesn't want. Of course she signed up for sex, not 9 months of pregnancy. That said, the unborn child is what you make of it.. Like, yes, it's just a clump of cells. But for someone who *wants* to keep it, it's a future child in their eyes.

It is a difficult situation all around because there really is no *fair* solution. It's not fair for the mother to keep it, and she shouldn't if she doesn't want to. At the same time, I don't like how people are acting like the father can't be upset at all about it? :/ For example, you wouldn't tell someone who miscarries(assuming they want the child) in the first trimester that it was "just a cluster of cells".

I'm not saying every woman should oblige the male's wishes and have the child. Because at the end of the day, it is her body. But it also is important, in my opinion, to realize that two people are involved not only physically - but mentally and emotionally as well. And this is obviously not including situations where the partner is abusive and using the pregnancy as a leash. But there are definitely healthy relationships out there where one partner wants an abortion and one doesn't.

I mean, on the flip side, if the mom wants the child and the father isn't ready - he doesn't get much of a choice in that either. And again, I do NOT think a man should be able to force a women into an abortion (or even be devoid of financial responsibility, because then so many children would suffer). But it's just a really confusing and complicated situation that I think, even now as we move to a more liberal time, people only see one side of (whether it be the female's side, or the male's)
    Last edited by direwolf; 06-09-2016 at 05:17 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:

Bexxie (06-10-2016),cloudxcrash (06-09-2016),siaospear (06-09-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    3d 7h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Think I am a mix of pro-life and pro-choice.

Personally, I am pro-life. I get very squeamish whenever I see people fishing, squashing insects and even eating fish roe. Heck, I can never understand why people do these because its a life they just ended. So no matter what, I doubt that I'll be getting an abortion. Hopefully, that is.

That being said, I believe that every woman should have the right to decide abortion. It's their life, it's their choice, and who am I to stop them? If she felt that she is unable to support the child due to the child being diagnosed with illness etc then maybe its kinder to abort. The child doesn't need to suffer.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    12h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    My personal opinion is Pro-Life. Because despite the fact that a baby is just a clump of cells in the beginning, those cells are teeming with life and if given a chance could be come a great person. To each their own opinion, but I do not believe in that practice being used just because someone doesn't "want" a child. That is what adoption exists for. To give a child a home somewhere else. Now when it comes to cases of life and death to the mother...