Thread: How to handle multiple accounts? (Flight Rising)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

How to handle multiple accounts? (Flight Rising)

I have a couple accounts now. I'm not sure how good FR staff are at catching multiples, so I'm getting a little nervous about how often I log on and am wondering if there's anything I can do to protect the accounts. Any advice?
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 08-31-2015 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Less details for safety reasons

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Get a VPN that's good and use a proxy for each account...

That's it they check for IP conflicts on accounts. Neo doesn't do this much so you don't have to bother masking your IP on there.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    A proxy for each account? Thanks, I'll look into that.
    I've been reading a bit about VPNs but still don't know much about the programs/reputations. Would you be able to recommend one that you find good? I was just looking at 'Private Internet Access' and 'proXPN', which apparently is free, so that's tempting to try

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    As of right now, FR is fucking atrocious at checking for multiple account abuse. Even if you're running them on the same IP, it doesn't necessarily seem to flag your account for that. My guess is because the staff is currently still so small, the only time they ever look into possible account multi-ing is if it gets brought to their attention through multiple reports. Or maybe it's just not a priority. Some users are nosy and will report accounts they think all belong to the same person. I regularly see accounts though that have 10+ friends which all are really obviously just sides of the same user, but nothing happens to them because they don't raise any suspicion.

Here's my advice just from what I have observed and what other users have told me they will report because they consider it suspicious:

1) DON'T link your accounts in any way. Some people think they are being slick by having notes on their profiles about how their mom/girlfriend/brother/cousin/uncle all play FR from their house and use the same IP. Don't even bother doing that, even if your cover story is that your second accounts are girlfriends or friends or family, don't put a note. If someone asks (they won't, but if for some strange reason they do) then go ahead and tell them its a roommate or friend or whatever, but don't have the note on your lookup. It just looks guilty and overcompensating and I know users that will submit reports based on that alone.

2) Don't have really similar lairs. If you name all your dragons after Stephen Universe characters, don't have a second lair filled with dragons named after Adventure Time characters or whatever. Don't dress them all the same (or even at all... have one with dressed up dragons and one without, or one with pastels and one with eyeburners). Switch up your naming styles. This isn't as important, but the little things can make a difference if you're gonna play it off like its different people. Users have gotten busted before for having the same typing style and profile across all their side accounts that they claimed for other people (for example, that one user that scammed light sprites by claiming her "sister" had cancer... but her sister and her mother both typed exactly like she did and had similar usernames lol).

3) When you're sending your ill-gotten goodies from one account to another, always pretend its a trade. If you need to transfer over treasure or gems, set up a crossroads with yourself and pretend to sell a dragon to the second account. If you want to send over a bunch of items, stick it in a PM and title it "aywas trade" or "art payment"- something that could have conceivably taken place off site (and is not against the rules) so it doesn't seem strange when one account is giving a whole bunch of valuable stuff to another with seemingly nothing in return. Admins do look into that if they're investigating an account.

4) Doing things simultaneously on the same IP will get your account flagged, so if you're botting or autobuying or whatever on one account don't do things on your second one if you aren't using a proxy because FR staff has said they look for that in logs.

shit thats all I got I'm high as fuck but if I think of more I'll come back later and add it I hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

(also, if I put that under a readmore does that force it so only logged in users can see it? can guests view this forum? I will do that if so, that seems like something I should probably take some kind of small effort to contain lol)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    I am... pretty drunk right now but yooo from what I can understand this is great advice thanks!

ps I logged out and looked at the forum, I can still see your post so idk if that's bad or what?
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 08-31-2015 at 01:29 AM.