212 times
    Time Online
    31d 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

Where do I go when I need advice/help? Spam of ck <3

I feel like I do this a lot, so I'm sorry OTL

SO, on with the rambling.

I just found out that I should have no problem graduating this year from university! *confetti* I'm relieved and happy... and horrified. So here I am (per usual) to ask for advice from the coolest people on the webz. My degree is Computer Technology with a concentration in Internet/Multimedia. My intent is to become a web developer and offer graphic design services, as well. Here's the kicker though: I want to freelance and work from home. We are starting a family and I am planning on staying at home once our baby is born, and I want to do something that'll bring in extra income. Basically I want to make enough to cover my car payment/gas, groceries, and still have some money to help out/save.

Is this doable? Especially when I have a family to take care of? I don't need to be rollin' in the stacks but I need a pretty consistent $300+ a week doing this part-time.

And on that note, what would you recommend to start delving into the freelance world? What is important to include on a resume/portfolio? I was thinking of starting a website to build a portfolio, as well. Should I just use a free web service or pay for a domain so I can really show off my skills?

Sorry for a million questions, but I am really overwhelmed at all of my options. I need an unbiased person to tell me if they even think this is all reasonable. haha. O_O'

Plus the fact that I'll be on here to offer small little graphic-related services now and again, so that could help too. I just don't know where to start on other sites. It's a scary world out there. :'(

As always, thank you all and I <3 you!
    (you need an account to see links)

Want a spiffy userbar? Request one
    on my thread. ^

I will continue adding free-to-use
    userbars & Pokemon Ryugotchis!

& thank you @dankRUSE for this
    amazing drawing! ;-;

(you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Alot of it depends on how good you are at finding work. Just do your best to build up a really impressive portfolio, filled with the best work you have ever done. Then work on getting it out there as much as possible.. utilize social media, it is a HUGE tool in marketing in today's world. As long as you put alot of effort into it and build a nice list of clientele, you can make a very steady business. It just depends on you and how much you put into it, and of course your talent. If you are really good, your work will speak for itself (:

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ph0enix For This Useful Post:

Jessica (03-04-2015),♥ Munna ♥ (03-04-2015)