Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts? Why/Why not?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Do you believe in ghosts? Why/Why not?

I just did some major early-spring cleaning.
    Now my back is killing me but something really creepy happened when I was cleaning.

So I'm home alone, okay. I was just finishing up with cleaning my closet when I noticed this really epic zebra robe. So I spread it on the floor so I could fold it when my cat came over and sat on it. I thought it would be fun to pretend that he wasn't there while I folded it and see what would happen.

So I cleared my mind of basically everything and started folding. When I was finished, I noticed something weird. I had been singing this odd thing to myself the whole time, which I've never heard before in my whole life. I was saying "I must make it right for Mary Jane." over and over, kind of like a little song. I literally was not aware of the fact that I was saying that until I finished folding the robe. I don't even know anyone named Mary Jane. (/waits for inevitable marijuana jokes)

Anyway, that got me thinking about ghosts since I had just seen a scary movie and all. I asked my parents about the people who used to live in this house and guess what? It was an old married couple who used to live here and the wife's name was Mary Jane. Now they're dead, of course.
    Note that this was the first time I was hearing about the people who used to live here.

ANYWAY, MY POINT IS: DO YOU BELIEVE IN GHOSTS? IF SO, WHY? IF NOT, WHY?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    11d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    That story is creepy.

But no, I don't believe in ghosts. If they existed, it would be a well-known fact.

btw post #1000 wooo

Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    No. I dont believe in ghosts. Cuz i know there are none. Think about it...how we think the earth was formed. There is little to no evidence on many of our theories of "monsters" and "ghosts" because they are obviously not real. The universe is just nothing, and anyways the "world" (Earth) is going to end in a couple billion of years when we collide into another galaxy. Humans believe such funny things.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 21h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    i don't believe in ghosts until something like what you posted happens :p i also am convinced that people i get close to can read my mind when i'm talking to them. when i'm by myself again i know it's 100% irrational and stupid. i don't get it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Not really, something drastic would need to happen for me to definitely believe in a ghost. I am a firm believer of rational explanation before jumping to more "fun" explanations such a ghosts for things. Rational things like sounds in the house are actually the wood contracting during temperature fluxes creating the creaking and moaning of a house, not the "dead girl" from 82 years ago playing hopscotch in the hallway. Images in pictures are reflection patterns of normal everyday objects but formed in such a way our perception is distorted. Then the addition of individual fear can create a plethora of self-created hallucinations like that shadow "was a man walking" or that branch was "a person scratching the window". To me too many things need to be ruled before a ghost can be used as an explanation. Sure it is fun to talk about something being ghost related but being fun does not make it true.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    12d 18h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    OMGOMG . Scary story !
    Sometimes , i feel that way too . When i'm in the shower and then some creepy things happen .
    But no , i dont believe in them . If they really existed , it would have been proven long ago .

Accepting pure neopoints, easy to sell items, preloaded accounts and accounts.
    Amount of VIP sold: 7

Buying accounts below!

Check out my thread (you need an account to see links).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    i dont, i have a really hard time believing things with very little to back them up. and maybe you heard that from something and forgot about it.
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't really believe in ghosts, since I haven't seen or experienced anything paranormal first hand

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    5d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    No, I do not.

I do not believe in anything unless there is assured proof

And you probably just tuned out. That happened to me while I was playing Feed florg on neopets and I wasn't even looking at the screen but I ended up at 254 points
    xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Absolutely. When you have a phenomenon that is identical across the entire world documented over thousands of years, and now evidence from tv shows and researchers, there absolutely is something out there that we choose to call 'ghost'. It could be a natural phenomenon completely unrelated to the 'dead', but there is no doubt that there is something no one can explain that happens everywhere and has been happening since recorded history.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to munsterpoo For This Useful Post:

Reemer (02-04-2012)