Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox One Owners! Worth it - Yes/No?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    35d 10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkByte View Post
    A vcr? What are you talking about lol. It has a built in recorder for making game clips and hdmi in yes , so when playing a game you can say to your xbox "Xbox snap tv" and a little box will popup with your tv programs on while you game. I use it to keep kids in the room entertained , stick them micky mouse on while I play lol. Microsofts issue was e3 before the xbox release, luckily they back peddled alot but they didnt really advertise that.

Also with windows 10 you can now stream your xbox games to any laptop/computer in the house and it will also work on windows tablets/phones. They are also working on cloud computing , so certain task will be computed for you by cloud servers and the result be streamed to the xbox one effectivly freeing up resources for other things. Pretty neat stuff far from a vcr .

Edit: Yeah I own every game ... pretty much anyway i missed a couple , i did not get the new rugby one cause it looks shite and i skipped the american football ones cause I tried it and I did not know wtf was going on ( i am british). Other than that though yep , every game lol.
    Haha, They're both nice consoles. I was kidding about the vcr thing but it sure is big. but anyway, to each his own.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    5d 14h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I bought my COD AW XB1 last year and I feel that it was very well worth it. I waited at first because the party systems and all of the lag -- from a friend's point a view, but once the LE XB1 came out, I just had to buy it. I haven't had ANY problems what-so-ever. I got on my 360 a few days ago and couldn't even play it because I'm so used to the XB1 layout and controller.

I can't say anything about the PS4 as I've never owned nor played on one.
    Team Xbox !

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I bought cod aw to on the 15th march , wish I had waited 2 days for battlefield tbh. Cod is a good game though , i'm prestige 3 already I am pretty good at it too. Battlefield 4 however I was crap at but I had a bunch of fun so it would of been good to learn a new game like that.

Still not sure if I should get AW season pass next or hardline..... or both .

Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    157 million thousand times worth it

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,761 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    I have mixed feelings about my XBONE experience. I jumped on the bandwagon in time for the Halo MCC release, only to find the game so dysfunctional that nobody wanted to play it. Now my friends have moved on to the latest magic MMORPG/canned FPS game, and I just don't have the attention span to learn all of the annoying mechanics involved to keep up. I can't tell if I should be *collecting* these games, or *enjoying* them.

As for pluses ... at least the games are pretty. I'm jumping between DBZ, Far Cry 4, GTA 5, Destiny and Halo, although I'm straining to to find these interesting in an immersive way.

I guess that's more negatives than positives, and I imagine that the consensus would disagree with me. Granted my friends are fickle and I'm a recreational gamer, but playing feels more like a chore than an entertainment experience.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by gatoki View Post
    I have mixed feelings about my XBONE experience. I jumped on the bandwagon in time for the Halo MCC release, only to find the game so dysfunctional that nobody wanted to play it. Now my friends have moved on to the latest magic MMORPG/canned FPS game, and I just don't have the attention span to learn all of the annoying mechanics involved to keep up. I can't tell if I should be *collecting* these games, or *enjoying* them.

As for pluses ... at least the games are pretty. I'm jumping between DBZ, Far Cry 4, GTA 5, Destiny and Halo, although I'm straining to to find these interesting in an immersive way.

I guess that's more negatives than positives, and I imagine that the consensus would disagree with me. Granted my friends are fickle and I'm a recreational gamer, but playing feels more like a chore than an entertainment experience.

What mmorpg / fps is that , destiny or that free one war something?

I got the new oddworld today (previously abes odesy) pretty cool game. Waiting for never winter nights to come out

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,761 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkByte View Post
    What mmorpg / fps is that , destiny or that free one war something?

I got the new oddworld today (previously abes odesy) pretty cool game. Waiting for never winter nights to come out
    The MMORPG is called Dragon Age Inquisition, and while they insist that game is fun, every conversation we've had about it makes it sound like the players are a bunch of schoolyard bullies that beat up on the lower ranks. Apparently if you're not in one guild or another, then you're going to get beaten up by one guild or another while roaming the online maps. I'm not exactly clear on the details, but it sounds a bit daunting.

As for the FPS, some have gone back to Call of Duty, Battlefield 4 or Destiny, while others are playing Evolve. All of which seem to have one thing in common: dedication to playing is directly proportionate to how long you stay alive, and how fancy your weapons/techniques are. I'm too far behind to jump into any of those games and make an impact on the co-op experience, so I've wound up playing by myself for the most part. This may just be my opinion, but these games have made it a labor of love to hang out casually with my friends. I just don't have the time or patience to learn all of the armor, weapon and/or power-up combinations to get to the point that I'm actually participating in the gameplay experience, and that's not to mention the ever-present grinding requirement! I think that this mechanic is intended to feel immersive, but it's coming off as overwhelming and trite.

Anyway!

Oddworld came out? I had no idea! I'm definitely getting that game later tonight!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    True I had dragon age on Ea access trial before it was released (they gave me a 12 hour pre release trial). It looked close to the sort of game I like but not quite there..

Bring on fallout 4 or new elder scrolls at e3 please! =)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 12h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Thank you for all of your opinions! Very helpful!