24/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post

PW could also be 1234 or 12345 in my experience and UN root.

Unless we're talking about something different but that's what I've always dealt with when resetting a password or configuring my router
    Simply speaking in terms of setting up administrative settings with the router; such as MAC filtering, dynamic/static IP settings, MTU, etc;

I'm from Canada. So it may be different for you, or him, but I really doubt it.. Also it's pretty standard for default passwords to be blank/admin. For example the last time I had to assist someone with an issue similar to this they had a D-Link router.. This site ((you need an account to see links)) will help most people who live on their own and haven't tinkered with the Wi-Fi. (for those living with parents, just ask them lol)

However, for OP (@BedDoeDV) he will want to look at some for BT: (you need an account to see links)
    Where a majority are simply UN: admin PW: admin

However, my initial suggestion of simply viewing the adapter settings on a currently connected device should work just fine.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JordBarb For This Useful Post:

Misha (01-27-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    106/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    [QUOTE=Misha;557629][QUOTE=JordBarb;557626]

Unless we're talking about something different but that's what I've always dealt with when resetting a password or configuring my router[/QUOTE
    i mean the wifi password has to be 8 to 63 characters. So if it was sky it would be something like WADSXFHE in uppercase.
    i luv. i said i luv to hack

Avatar Ss List (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    34d 1h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Chuckling at you wanting to check the sky dish on your roof HAHA love it!

Anyway, they usually give you a pack of letters and instructions (otherwise known as junk) but that usually has the password as well as it being on the actual box itself usually below the username.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    [QUOTE=BEDDOEDv;562140][QUOTE=Misha;557629]
    Quote Originally Posted by JordBarb View Post

Unless we're talking about something different but that's what I've always dealt with when resetting a password or configuring my router[/QUOTE
    i mean the wifi password has to be 8 to 63 characters. So if it was sky it would be something like WADSXFHE in uppercase.
    This sounds more like you're trying to access someone elses internet.... If it was your own internet the simple solution is to connect to a device that's already registered/has the password, and access the Wi-Fi controls (192.168.xx.x) and change/view the Wi-Fi WEP/WPA/etc; key and then give yourself access. Could also be a MAC filtering issue but usually the network isn't available in that scenario.

Like I said, seems like your trying to access someone else internet to no avail.