DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 8h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Pets are boring and lame. Botting is where it's at.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

|2eap (01-23-2015),Air (01-26-2015),Allem (01-27-2015),Cub (01-23-2015),Wormjaw (01-24-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    73d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    This might have killed the market for VWN high level ucs lol

Would people really pay 200 bucks for those pets? even if they are vwn? Theres a reason people are selling them 50-100 bucks cheaper lol
    Last edited by Jeongyeon; 01-22-2015 at 07:21 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeongyeon For This Useful Post:

Clair (01-22-2015),Cub (01-23-2015),teddy (01-23-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m

Thank you to Monsters for this beautiful gif. <3 (It died with tinypic, press F)
    @Andrew 15!!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Pets are boring and lame. Botting is where it's at.
    I totally agree -kisses infamous kad feeder tab-

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    @(you need an account to see links) baby prices were in fact lowered across the board
    That was one of the main complaints people had that pricing was too high so product moved slow
    Take another look at the guide, we have lowered the price of most UCs
    But you're right, it's because the market is slow/overflowing with stock that we need to follow some rules for the sake of the market.
    For years now UC sales and prices were not fixed for reasons you haven't mentioned but literally no two pets are the same - valuing them, then, is a much harder task hence the guide was jus there to help direct buyers/sellers and give them a ball park figure for what they should aim for
    Unfortunately people abuse the leniency in place
    VWN Draiks/Krawks up for quick sales has become the norm, not because people don't value them but because they think its of high value so they can make a board vying for a quick sale but end up bumping for months before they even get a mailer. This systematically lowers the price of that UC and every other UC.
    If you really want to make a comparison, buyers often say they aren't happy about the $2/mill rule either, but it's there for a good reason just like the prices for UCs are also there with good reason.
    We are in fact SAVING the UC market from dying, not the other way around

As for onsite trading, it's been discussed before that supply and demand for UCs offsite is vastly different to trading patterns onsite. I don't want to say something inaccurate here but just know that what sells and what trades isn't always the same thing but shoot me what you feel needs to be corrected and we'll talk it over.

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Bettser (01-23-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m

Thank you to Monsters for this beautiful gif. <3 (It died with tinypic, press F)
    @Andrew 15!!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Garp View Post
    This might have killed the market for VWN high level ucs lol

Would people really pay 200 bucks for those pets? even if they are vwn? Theres a reason people are selling them 50-100 bucks cheaper lol
    People do.

Also, these are regulated as ABs.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I wish i could get away with owning a UC plushie draik, only reason i never saved up for one

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    6d 23h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I can't say I agree with this...
    The reason so many quicksales last for weeks is because, let's face it, the community of Neopets is shrinking, and the site seems to be slooowly dying. It may even not be around for more than a few more years, so much of it is outdated. Of course, there are still tons of loyal users, but there are fewer people joining that site every day, and there are still people leaving every day. The insane lag problems and glitches haven't helped. The PC used to move at the speed of lighting, and while it's still probably the fastest forum, it's nothing like it was 2 years ago. UC trading has slowed down a lot as well, mainly due to tier guides and the insane fear of illegit pets. I used to receive a dozen offers when I made WN UC UFT boards, now I'm lucky if I get 2 or 3 offers, for the same type of pet.

Who wants to pay several hundred dollars for a single virtual pet on a slowly dying site? (Especially since it's already risky dealing with illegit high end UCs) I'm sure there are people out there who are willing to pay that. But on the other hand, there's also a lot of people that DON'T have that kind of money. Since the majority of people fall into the latter, people sell for less because they can actually get some money without having to advertise for a year or longer.
    The market is also very slow right now, in selling AND trading, and it only seems to be getting slower. I don't believe it's from the quick sale boards at all, I believe it's because of everything I mentioned in the first part of my post. Pretty much the only UC sales that even seem to be happening come from these "quicksale" boards. It sucks that the market is slowing down like it is, yes. But I don't think making high set prices will help it. I think that will just slow the market down even more.
    Maybe if the prices in the guide were cut down? (By a good bit more than you already have)

Maybe people will agree, maybe people will disagree, who knows, I just thought I'd share my opinion on the matter. o: I've only been lurking (and buying some) here a few months lately, I used to lurk a while back as well, but when I took a 2 yr hiatus from neo, I also forgot my old clraik info. But remembering how things were 2 years ago and then seeing how they are now, it's pretty easy to see differences since I never saw things slowly evolve to the way they are now.

I hope my post isn't offensive to anyone, the idea is a good one, I just would rethink it or change parts of it since I don't think it's for the right reason. o: That's about the end of what I had to say. Have a good day, everyone c:

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dizzydev For This Useful Post:

Corliss (01-25-2015),Enchantee (03-05-2015),goldentryst (06-05-2015),Maison (01-23-2015),Rosa (01-24-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzydev View Post
    I can't say I agree with this...
    The reason so many quicksales last for weeks is because, let's face it, the community of Neopets is shrinking, and the site seems to be slooowly dying. It may even not be around for more than a few more years, so much of it is outdated. Of course, there are still tons of loyal users, but there are fewer people joining that site every day, and there are still people leaving every day. The insane lag problems and glitches haven't helped. The PC used to move at the speed of lighting, and while it's still probably the fastest forum, it's nothing like it was 2 years ago. UC trading has slowed down a lot as well, mainly due to tier guides and the insane fear of illegit pets. I used to receive a dozen offers when I made WN UC UFT boards, now I'm lucky if I get 2 or 3 offers, for the same type of pet.

Who wants to pay several hundred dollars for a single virtual pet on a slowly dying site? (Especially since it's already risky dealing with illegit high end UCs) I'm sure there are people out there who are willing to pay that. But on the other hand, there's also a lot of people that DON'T have that kind of money. Since the majority of people fall into the latter, people sell for less because they can actually get some money without having to advertise for a year or longer.
    The market is also very slow right now, in selling AND trading, and it only seems to be getting slower. I don't believe it's from the quick sale boards at all, I believe it's because of everything I mentioned in the first part of my post. Pretty much the only UC sales that even seem to be happening come from these "quicksale" boards. It sucks that the market is slowing down like it is, yes. But I don't think making high set prices will help it. I think that will just slow the market down even more.
    Maybe if the prices in the guide were cut down? (By a good bit more than you already have)

Maybe people will agree, maybe people will disagree, who knows, I just thought I'd share my opinion on the matter. o: I've only been lurking (and buying some) here a few months lately, I used to lurk a while back as well, but when I took a 2 yr hiatus from neo, I also forgot my old clraik info. But remembering how things were 2 years ago and then seeing how they are now, it's pretty easy to see differences since I never saw things slowly evolve to the way they are now.

I hope my post isn't offensive to anyone, the idea is a good one, I just would rethink it or change parts of it since I don't think it's for the right reason. o: That's about the end of what I had to say. Have a good day, everyone c:
    Again, its AB advertising price. Its just what it has to be advertised at, you are welcome to accept a fair lower offer.

And this is an attempt to stop the UC Market from fully dying. We have had that 2$/m rule for years and look...we are the most successful Neopets market forum on the internet. This needs to happen to keep the "slowly dying market" from dying. TBH, I disagree with you that it is dying. In last few months its been busier then has been for the majority of the last year.
    Last edited by Bettser; 01-23-2015 at 07:10 PM.