DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    This is actually one of those really big issues that shouldn't be. Why in the hell would anyone believe vaccines are related to Autism when EVERY CHILD HAS HAD THE VACCINE, yet only some have Autism. I feel like people are just looking for something to blame because they have no other answers. Meanwhile, children are dying everywhere because their parents are invalids. I think it's the stupidest issue alive today.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    This is actually one of those really big issues that shouldn't be. Why in the hell would anyone believe vaccines are related to Autism when EVERY CHILD HAS HAD THE VACCINE, yet only some have Autism. I feel like people are just looking for something to blame because they have no other answers. Meanwhile, children are dying everywhere because their parents are invalids. I think it's the stupidest issue alive today.
    Quoting myself:
    What infuriates me, is the people who believe the bogus "study" that claims vaccines cause autism. I live with autism every day, and no one has any business telling me where I got autism from, aside from legitimate neuroscientists and neurologists who have studied autism first-hand. It is passed to our children through genetics. The cause of autism spectrum disorders is an enlarged amygdala (the amygdala continues to grow past the age when it should have stopped growing), and some abnormalities in the frontal lobe. Think of it like this: The amygdala is the emotional epicenter of the human brain. So an enlarged amygdala will produce more emotions. The amygdala also sits up against the sensory and motor cortexes, so that sensory experiences and motor experiences can be associated with emotion. In my case, I get an "emotional high" from painting with oils and watercolors. I also cannot be touched by other people, because the sensation is either painful, or feels like I have bugs crawling on me.
    This is the amygdala autism theory. We can now diagnose autism with an MRI. This has increased cases of autism because it is easier to find, as well as properly diagnosing people who have spend most of their lives misdiagnosed. I'm not saying you believe vaccines cause autism, it's only that you said we don't know the cause of autism, which has been a popular argument in favor of vaccines. I think argument started when Sanjay Gupta went on CNN and said "We don't know he cause of autism..." I'm so over television doctors, like Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz. I'm sure we'll find out soon that Dr. Gupta has some connection to Oprah.
    EEL SUSHI

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spleef35 For This Useful Post:

Jessica (02-27-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 1h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Vaccinate your kids or home school em.

WE don't need anymore dead elementary school kids due to neglectful parents

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IrishCreme For This Useful Post:

Jessica (02-27-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 times
    Time Online
    37d 18h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    This is perfect!

Thanks Anne <3

S W E E T S

Thanks Minty and Fruity! <3

7. The Following User Says Thank You to baileaf For This Useful Post:

Slytherin (02-28-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    7h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by baileaf View Post
    Omigosh this pisses me off SO MUCH. It's incredibly selfish of the parents to not vaccinate their children. It's not just their children that are affected when they choose not to, but MANY MANY others. Complete morons.
    That cat is too cute...

And yeah, people really need to take Biology courses before taking sides on the vaccination issue. I hate the fact that stupid parents lead the detrimental effects on their children.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Yeah, I never really understood that sentiment. That parents would rather risk their child getting an illness that could kill them than risk them getting autism (which vaccinations don't even cause). smh
    As a Biologist student, I can't even.
    As an older sibling to two young kids with autism - I really can't even. Would I rather them be dead than how they are now? lol, really...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by spleef35 View Post
    Quoting myself:

This is the amygdala autism theory. We can now diagnose autism with an MRI. This has increased cases of autism because it is easier to find, as well as properly diagnosing people who have spend most of their lives misdiagnosed. I'm not saying you believe vaccines cause autism, it's only that you said we don't know the cause of autism, which has been a popular argument in favor of vaccines. I think argument started when Sanjay Gupta went on CNN and said "We don't know he cause of autism..." I'm so over television doctors, like Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz. I'm sure we'll find out soon that Dr. Gupta has some connection to Oprah.
    As someone in the field of behavioral neuroscience, I totally agree with the "dumbing down" of science by television doctors - it is quite an injustice. All it takes is one study being given the spotlight, and misinformation spreads like wildfire, take the "Mozart effect" for example. There are many contributing factors to autism, including a genetic component, though I do not believe that people truly understand human development in terms of the brain and chemical/nutrient transfer from mother/environment to child. I think that when you understand the infinite permutations of "damaging" factors that a woman can come into contact with over the course of a pregnancy (let alone "bad" dna that she can be passing on), attempting to blame any one thing is quite silly. Before people can even enter this debate, they should undergo proper education on neuroplasticity and development before lending their clout (in terms of celebrities) to the mix. Even if someone embraced the amygdala hypothesis, an enlarged amygdala is featured in many psychopathologies. There is NOTHING more frustrating to me than reading an article or seeing on television, people who are simply not properly educated in the science of this, proposing idiotic opinions as something other than what they are...idiotic opinions. Seeing interviews with these parents makes me sick - and they are putting the health of others at risk. If you want to be a danger to society, go live in a commune with other like-minded morons and let a simple pathogen wipe you all out. Too much freedom is given to these people who are doing nothing but jeopardizing the health of others.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to haiqtpi For This Useful Post:

Jessica (05-01-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    5d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    vaccines are all for the greater good , people who dont support it sometimes are so selfish