Thanks
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    11d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

What should I do? [srs]

I'm so pissed off right now. My basketball coach is actually so stupid. I finally got a starting spot after being the six man for almost the entire season. There's 2 games left in the rest of the season. I have showed him time and time again that I'm the best big man on the team, if not the best player. The only reason he doesn't play me a lot is because I'm a junior and I was on JV last year instead of varsity. So I started today, won the jump, and had four quick points. And then after 3 and a half minutes of playing, he took me out and didn't play me the rest of the game. He then yelled at our team for being down at halftime. I don't know how else to show him that I deserve to be played. I can't talk to him about it, he'll just get even more angry. This whole situation is making me so angry, and everyone except the coach sees that I should be playing so much more than I am.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think your coach hates being wrong and might be stubborn.
    All you can do is follow orders when you are on a team in the end im sure it will all turn out ok.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Wow, sounds like a dick. Not sure how much you can do, you really need a new coach, a new team or for your coach to start listening to his players.

Other than that you'll just have to make the most of every chance you get on the court to show him that you should be playing more.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    11d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    He's been coaching for 30 years. No chance of getting a new coach.

And I have been showing him that, over and over. The starters bring us down 13 right from the start. I go in, at the end we're down 3. Then he puts the starters back in and they dig us into a deeper whole. It sucks.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    201 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    you gotta set aside your personal feeling and fan his ego a bit, say something like this.

"Look Coach, I respect you and I respect the team. I've been playing for a while and I know how things work, I know I'm only a junior but I've been practicing hard and you can see the results yourself that I don't slack. If you give me a chance, I can show you how dedicated and how well I can work with others to play."

Meh, something along those line, make sure to let him know you respect him.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ask your teammates to ask him to let you play? Or talk to him with a lot of respect. He's probably just angry at you because he doens't like younger player being better than his oldest one. You can either ask and see or not saying a word and see. Maybe with time you'll gain his respect and he'll let you play as much as you deserve.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Wow dude that sucks.
    Im basically the third tallest person on the team and im probably the fastest within the league. If they steal it im there first. I even win sprints by big leads. But he decides to play the other players because oh his hand is bigger for the ball or well hes an inch taller
    like wtf. My rebounding is down but you can't really say anything cus then they wont play you anymore.
    I say you just wait it out and everytime you get a chance to play make it the best you can

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Yeah, seniority is an unfortunate disease in high school sports. I had the same problem with soccer. You could always go 120% in practices and really make him take notice of you, especially if you do any sorts of scrimmages.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    You need to have a talk with him about it, you are 16 or 17 years old, almost an adult. Who cares if your coach gets angry? YOU'RE angry, ask him what you can do in order for him to trust you and play you, that is ridiculous man. Obviously don't do it at a game or practice for that matter just find him outside of that and talk to him, and just confront him about why he doesn't let you play for an extended period of time. I had to do this with my hockey coach a couple years back, and it got me my starting spot back and extra ice time. Coaches for the most part respect someone who isn't afraid to go up and confront them about it.
    Last edited by Razor; 02-09-2012 at 10:58 PM.