Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it to get the CALL OF DUTY�: ADVANCED WARFARE ATLAS PRO EDITION

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 15h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m

Is it worth it to get the CALL OF DUTY�: ADVANCED WARFARE ATLAS PRO EDITION

Anybody know? Did anybody get it?

This is what it says is included with it:

I'm going to buy the season pass anyway I think, and that is usually what, $50?
    I haven't played the game yet, so I'm not sure exactly what the other things are. Can you only get those guns in this edition or are they unlockable in game?

Confused, send help!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    I haven't played the game yet either, but based off previous experience with CoD, I don't think the weapons would be unlockable through gameplay itself.

DLC weapons (Peacekeeper from Blops 2, Ripper from Ghosts) have only been released through the DLC itself.

But maps (Nuketown 2025 Blops 2) which were originally released by preorder/season pass were later released for everyone who owned the game itself.

I'd imagine the physical items involved from the Season Pass (Steelbook, Atlas Manual (?)) would only be released through the Pro Edition, but could maybe be bought online if you'd really want them.

The Atlas Exoskeleton Suit, Helmet, and Player Card will more than likely be released only through the game edition itself though. Just for the simple fact that it's part of the add-on with the game itself.

The upgrade token seems like something you can get through the game itself though. Like a prestige award or something, if I had to guess.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    5d 14h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I actively play COD AW and can say the only weapons that aren't lockable through the game is Ohm, which is unlocked when buying season pass and AE4, which is unlocked through this (I think that's what it's saying-- although I have it unlocked and didn't buy this, so maybe I'm wrong).

Advanced Supply Drops are NOT worth it. Also, you get exoskeletons through Supply Drops on Multiplayer, which will be WAYY cooler than the Atlas, in my opinion.

The game itself is very fast paced, but it's amazing. I think the game itself is very well worth it.

BAL-24 is the most used weapon in the game, again you'll be able to unlock BALs that probably have better stats.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

OH, oop. I confused the BAL with the AE4 in a statement.

The BAL is the best and most common assault rifle, but as I've said, I'm sure the stats won't be upgraded.
    I'd just buy the original game with the season pass. :B But that's just me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wtfs3 For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (04-01-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    19d 6h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    150% No.
    The guns are crap and extremly common and you will get supply drops a lot through normal gameplay.
    You're pretty much paying $20 for the steelbook.
    Also a warning this is the worst cod game to date.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 15h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfs3 View Post
    I actively play COD AW and can say the only weapons that aren't lockable through the game is Ohm, which is unlocked when buying season pass and AE4, which is unlocked through this (I think that's what it's saying-- although I have it unlocked and didn't buy this, so maybe I'm wrong).

Advanced Supply Drops are NOT worth it. Also, you get exoskeletons through Supply Drops on Multiplayer, which will be WAYY cooler than the Atlas, in my opinion.

The game itself is very fast paced, but it's amazing. I think the game itself is very well worth it.

BAL-24 is the most used weapon in the game, again you'll be able to unlock BALs that probably have better stats.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

OH, oop. I confused the BAL with the AE4 in a statement.

The BAL is the best and most common assault rifle, but as I've said, I'm sure the stats won't be upgraded.
    I'd just buy the original game with the season pass. :B But that's just me.
    The game is very fast paced. I kind of like that because there wasn't really too many people camping in corners. I just always felt like I was getting destroyed when I was playing. I usually just hop on COD to zone out and kill some people for a bit. But I was getting so frustrated at how quickly I was dying, I just gave up after getting to.. the second.. prestige I think. Idk. Maybe I'll give it another shot at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Effektivv View Post
    150% No.
    The guns are crap and extremly common and you will get supply drops a lot through normal gameplay.
    You're pretty much paying $20 for the steelbook.
    Also a warning this is the worst cod game to date.
    It's probably my least favorite cod right now. I like all the different things in it, but i just can't get into it like I could the others. I've been playing ghosts instead. That's probably one of my favorite ones. I know a lot of people hate it, but I've always enjoyed it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    5d 14h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Have you played ranked yet, on AW? If not, you should give it a try. There are a few "try-hards" but 25% of the people that play it absolutely suck, ahah. Plus, people play more strategically on ranked because.. well.. It's ranked, lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    19d 6h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfs3 View Post
    Have you played ranked yet, on AW? If not, you should give it a try. There are a lot of campers but 0.05% of the people that play it actually run around, ahah. People camp more on ranked because they have broken their controllers from playing unranked so they can't run and shoot at the same time.. lol.
    Fixed for you. no problem.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 15h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Is ranked the same as normal multiplayer? I haven't explored the different types of gameplay too far.

I like running around and just going HAM on people. Nothing pisses me off more than running around on a streak and getting killed by some kid sitting in the corner with a shotgun. -_-

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    157/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    88d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    A lot of other people say yes. But me personally I never liked the new called of duty games.
    They are not really really my type . I like the older ones like black ops 1 and mw and mw2.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    5d 14h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Is ranked the same as normal multiplayer? I haven't explored the different types of gameplay too far.

I like running around and just going HAM on people. Nothing pisses me off more than running around on a streak and getting killed by some kid sitting in the corner with a shotgun. -_-
    People don't camp in ranked, ahaha. There's only been a few games where me and my friends have been through some campers. Ranked only has S&D, Hardpoint, CTF, and Uplink. Those game types aren't really camping types. Well, they are, but people just don't because camping doesn't usually make you win, ahaha.

Plus the ranking system isn't too shabby. It's a point system rather than you being grouped up with random people trying to get first.