13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

VERY ANGRY RANT.

This is beyond ridiculous. I work as an aide for a man that has ALS. He is completely immoble and only has control of some of his mouth (he can only open it very slightly, and he can't speak, and he has a feeding tube and a trachea) and his eyes. He relies entirely on us and his wife to take care of him. I called off once while working at my job (I was so sick there was no way I could go), and my co-worker flips on me cause she has to cover for me and was up until 2am, saying I am irresponsible and I need to be more reliable and a bunch of other bullshit.. anyway she just put in her two weeks notice and every day except one since she did it she has called off. This job is not a joke, we are taking care of someone who needs us, and his wife has to call off work every time I can't cover for her and she knows it. How can you lecture me about reliability (keep in mind, I only called off once and it was for a legitimate reason) and then pull this shit? The worst part is the real victim here is the man we take care of. He is devastated that she is leaving cause she has been there for four years, and he loves her. I have watched him cry several times about it. She is just hurting him and it really is making me mad. I have grown to care about him and I don't like seeing him so upset, he already has enough hardship in his life. Not to mention myself and his wife having to cover for her when she does it. Ugh I am just so angry about this.

/ENDRANT

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    247 times
    Time Online
    86d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    that's horrible. your co-worker needs to start behaving like a mature adult, especially in a field like htis.

try telling her what she's doing to the poor man. maybe she'll open her eyes.
    @(you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    @(you need an account to see links) she knows and apparently doesn't give a fuck. I just talked to my friend who is very interested in the job and I know he is a good worker and would never pull anything like this so I am just going to get him the job if I can.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ph0enix For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (11-26-2014),Poem (11-25-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    18d 7h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I find it problematic that there are many individuals with low empathy working in these kind of 'healing' jobs (in my case it was my psychologist)
    I think aide/ care jobs are quite difficult (emotionally) but patients really rely on you and you have to be a true support.

Not only it is irresponsible, but clearly this job is not for her! Hopefully you will have another co-worker.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by cibomatto View Post
    I find it problematic that there are many individuals with low empathy working in these kind of 'healing' jobs (in my case it was my psychologist)
    I think aide/ care jobs are quite difficult (emotionally) but patients really rely on you and you have to be a true support.

Not only it is irresponsible, but clearly this job is not for her! Hopefully you will have another co-worker.
    I agree. It's sad because you also have people working these jobs who will beat the people and emotionally abuse them.. thankfully she wasn't like that obviously but there should be alot more care taken in who gets hired. They didn't even drug test me when I started and this man gets doses of morphine and ativan that some junkie could easily take. I mean that's good for me cause I smoke alot of weed (never at work, obviously) and I never would have gotten hired but I care for this man alot now. I have only been there like 2 months and I am still learning.