9/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    18d 7h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

Interstellar

Did anyone went to an intergalactic journey lately ?

I saw the trailer but i was a little perplex about it... It really looked like some kind of a familial drama surrounded by science fiction (aka steven spielberg) but I still had high expectations for Interstellar.

I thought the film was stunning! It was litteraly the best attraction ride i have been on to!

Even though there was some parts that were hard for me to understand, I liked that they used hard science to create an emotional narrative line. (Which was much stronger than Gravity. And I also think Interstellar treated the question of gravity, much better than 'Gravity' it self)

I loved the theme of time (an odyssey of Time?) here.
    It even led to one of the most emotionnal scenes i have seen yet. 23 years worth of messages..
    It hit us all like a blow!

And i also loved the robots :3 (immediately recognized the monolith of 2001: a space odyssey)
    I like how 'retro' in a bad way they looked.
    They looks and personallity were touching. But there is this idea that in the future, there will be an 'un-progress- which i find interesting!
    The first 20 minutes of the film i was confused about the time period.

And the whole thematic around the mysteries of Love, was great.
    I don't want to say more, because I don't want to spoil people!

How they played around 'silence' and epic music ! Ahh !

Please excuse my English

I am thinking of returning see Interstellar in English this time!
    I usually dislike dubbed films, but I felt itbwas necessary for Interstellar for fear of being lost !
    Last edited by cibomatto; 11-13-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Yes it is amazing and I cried so much everyone should watch it!!

I absolutely agree with everything you've said as well. I love that they stayed true to the whole "there is no sound in space" and the music as fantastic.

One of the movies you have to watch because you will leave with a new perspective on a lot of things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/FONT]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (11-13-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    18d 7h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I've seen it AGAIN, in original English, and it was different.
    The French translation were off!!
    The Sounds were indeed much stronger! but it made it even more immersive---
    But my ears were feeling sensitive afterwards...

Am i the only one who has this crazy crush on TARS?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cibomatto For This Useful Post:

Fleur (11-23-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    13d 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I watched it with the boyfriend yesterday and... I definitely wasn't emotionally prepared. There's definitely a reason why it's scored so high on imdb :o At the end of the movie I felt like laughing and crying at the same time - I don't think there was anything they could have done to make the movie more perfect.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ribbon For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (11-24-2014)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Interstellar was definitely worth seeing. I was totally sucked into the plot and on the edge of my seat until the end where they patched the plot points together (it kind of got TOO science-fictiony, emphasis on the fiction, for me at that point). So beautiful, creative, thought-provoking, and haunting.

(Because if you're thinking of watching the movie and really don't know what it's about, I don't want to ruin anything for you)
    Last edited by Foxglove; 11-24-2014 at 03:30 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxglove For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (11-24-2014)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    24d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Great movie! I admit I only went to see it because the boyfriend is obsessed with Matthew Mcconaughey, but we ended up enjoying it a LOT.

I definitely loved how it had moments of total silence in space (as it should be)... it really helped build up the tension. Even though it gets too sci-fi-y sometimes, I liked how the characters at least tried to explain what was happening. IDK that way at least it felt like the movie knew where it was headed from the get-go. Very solid plot which is hard for a movie with this much 'science'.

It had totally nightmare-ish scenes though. Those waves made me so uncomfortable and tense.. I had tons of dreams like that as a child.

The only thing that bothered me was Anne Hathaway's acting. I know from interviews she feels like the public in general hasn't liked her for a few years now and I didn't get why, but this time it hit me. It wasn't necessarily bad, it just felt like she was trying too hard.
    Because there's so much story to tell, you had very little time to connect to the characters. Yet hers was the only one I didn't relate to!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I still have to go see it, same with Gone Girl, but I'm considering waiting until they both come out on redbox at this point xD
    It's good to read that so many people enjoyed the film; gives me reason to rent it later!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    9h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I just saw this film a couple nights ago after not even watching the trailer and might I say, it was fantastic! The part where she figures out the book case and where the audience is able to figure it out was just a mind-blower. Also, the concept of traveling through worm holes and the time differences is something I find compelling. Supposedly they exist? Who knows. All in all, great movie!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I'm a huge dork and I sit around thinking about higher dimensions and time dilation in my spare time (my 7th grade report was on black holes lol) so this movie was so fun!

The whole "love" speech made me a bit ehhhh if it was a lesser actress than Anne Hathaway I would not have gotten through it. As it was I got through it with a little squirming.

And the ending was a little anticlimactic to me...anyone else?
    We spend quite a lot of time in this movie getting emotionally invested in his family and in the end they play it off like no big deal, imo.

And the explanations at the end got really flimsy. I was all for jumping on the disbelief train for the science in the movie until the last half hour.

But still in my top 5 movies for this year, for sure!