DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Thank you both! My dentist said it could be jaw issues coupled with the wisdom tooth growing in too close to my other tooth so he made a referral for me to go to an oral surgeon. Not looking forward to more pain xD

Thanks Munna for this qt signature <3
    Thanks Air for my awesome avatar!

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    27d 5h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Ugh, wisdom teeth. Mine gave me so much hell. Mine were impacted though, which means that instead of pushing upwards through the gum they were pushing forward towards the front of jaw, towards my front teeth. This caused really severe headaches and a constant pressure in my jaw. And since they were pushing forward, it caused my front teeth to crowd, effectively ruining the 3 years of braces I had as a teenager. It messed up my bite alignment slightly, which actually caused me to bite my tongue and cheeks more often. The biggest characteristic for me was the pressure. My jaw just always felt sore, and I'd get headaches that seemed to radiate from there. Once I went in and got xrays, they were like omg these should come out. They had to put me under completely so that they could go in and break up the teeth into small pieces and pieces and surgically remove them. They were too far under the gum line to be removed normally, and turned sideways which made them impossible to grip without breaking into chunks first.

I know it sounds kinda like a horror story, but it wasn't so bad. Once they were out, all of the problems stopped. The headaches the pressure, it was all so much better. And if your wisdom tooth is growing too close to your other tooth, it will just get worse really. My honest advice is that if the surgeon says you need one out, you should ask about getting all 4 removed at once, that way you never run into these problems again. Some will recommend that you do the top set/bottom set, then come back for the other set. For me, getting 4 really wasn't that bad and I had a pretty extreme case. It was so much better to get it all out of the way at once rather than going back twice.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Compulsiv For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-30-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Compulsiv View Post
    Ugh, wisdom teeth. Mine gave me so much hell. Mine were impacted though, which means that instead of pushing upwards through the gum they were pushing forward towards the front of jaw, towards my front teeth. This caused really severe headaches and a constant pressure in my jaw. And since they were pushing forward, it caused my front teeth to crowd, effectively ruining the 3 years of braces I had as a teenager. It messed up my bite alignment slightly, which actually caused me to bite my tongue and cheeks more often. The biggest characteristic for me was the pressure. My jaw just always felt sore, and I'd get headaches that seemed to radiate from there. Once I went in and got xrays, they were like omg these should come out. They had to put me under completely so that they could go in and break up the teeth into small pieces and pieces and surgically remove them. They were too far under the gum line to be removed normally, and turned sideways which made them impossible to grip without breaking into chunks first.

I know it sounds kinda like a horror story, but it wasn't so bad. Once they were out, all of the problems stopped. The headaches the pressure, it was all so much better. And if your wisdom tooth is growing too close to your other tooth, it will just get worse really. My honest advice is that if the surgeon says you need one out, you should ask about getting all 4 removed at once, that way you never run into these problems again. Some will recommend that you do the top set/bottom set, then come back for the other set. For me, getting 4 really wasn't that bad and I had a pretty extreme case. It was so much better to get it all out of the way at once rather than going back twice.
    Ouch! Sorry you had to go through all of that.
    I hope they take them all out because I can't even deal with this one tooth right now xD I don't get headaches but the pain is substantial at this point and I'm popping pills every 4 hours on the dot

Thanks Munna for this qt signature <3
    Thanks Air for my awesome avatar!

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    27d 5h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    @(you need an account to see links)

I know that pain well. Getting your wisdom teeth out sucks, really massively. But it is temporary, and afterwards all of the problems just disappear. The headaches go away, the pain, it just stops. You go through a few weeks of worse pain and discomfort, but having trouble with your wisdom teeth can literally impact your quality of life in some cases, and the long term relief is soooooo worth the couple weeks of misery. xD

Also, they usually listen to your requests... They wanted to take two of mine out and have me come back and I was like no, I would really REALLY prefer to do it all at once. He was hesitant, but I was persistent. Just make it clear you want to have it all done at once and be done with it for good.
    Last edited by Compulsiv; 10-30-2014 at 12:53 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Compulsiv For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-30-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m

Wisdom teeth are the worst. I had mine all removed last year. One was coming in sideways and somehow got infected...so that was fun. x_x

The worst part is not being able to eat properly but after a week or so you'll be back to normal.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-30-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    22d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Figured you could use a happy wisdom teeth story

I got mine out when I was 18, before they started crowning. They just showed up in Xrays as coming in all wonky and my dentist warned that it would likely undo all of my orthodontal work.

I had an appointment with the oral surgeon where I got a needle in the arm to knock me out, counted backward from 10 (I think I got to "9"), and woke up drugged out of my mind. I slept it off and didn't have any pain other than a severely upset stomach for a few days (side effect of the pain medicine). The only discomfort I felt in my mouth was from the stitches - the string ends/knots felt like I had a piece of food stuck back there so that was maddening. But really, no big issue.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to k80 For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-30-2014)