30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m

Does anybody have a Chromebook?

I bought one last week, it just arrived today. I hadn't gone to the store to check them out personally, I was just doing a lot of reading up on their reviews. When I opened it up, it was a lot smaller than I thought it would be! But it's so light, it's perfect!

I'm still trying to figure out the OS, it seems everything is online, which is pretty different but still pretty cool. It's perfect for my classes because I have so many online resources that I use everyday. So with google drive/docs/etc, you can synch it across other laptops, phones, tablets, whatever you want. I feel like everything is all connected now lol

Just wondering if anybody else has one, maybe you have some cool apps that you found for it?
    I'm still messing around, setting it up right now!

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

One shitty thing I found out is that you can't use skype on chromebooks right now. Kinda annoying..
    They are pushing the google hangout, but idk anybody that uses that?
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    @(you need an account to see links)

The OS is Chrome. It's a simple laptop that is pretty limited but useful if you just browse the internet and do homework etc.

I wanted one because they're cheap and cute but they don't have the power or storage capacity that I like. Google hangouts is shitty on my phone but I've never had it on a laptop so idk

Thanks Munna for this qt signature <3
    Thanks Air for my awesome avatar!

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)

The OS is Chrome. It's a simple laptop that is pretty limited but useful if you just browse the internet and do homework etc.

I wanted one because they're cheap and cute but they don't have the power or storage capacity that I like. Google hangouts is shitty on my phone but I've never had it on a laptop so idk
    Yeah Chrome is the OS, but it's completely different than anything I've used. It kinda reminds me of windows 8, but with less functionality.
    I bought it because it was cheap and would do what I needed it to do. I didn't want anything super expensive, and didn't need TOO much power because it's going to be used mostly just for school stuff.
    I'm not planning on moving any neo things at all over here, much easier to get things done when I don't have any other distractions in the background lol. I figured out the google versions of microsoft office, and have a standalone notepad app that I use a lot for taking notes about things. Overall Im pretty happy with it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Yeah Chrome is the OS, but it's completely different than anything I've used. It kinda reminds me of windows 8, but with less functionality.
    I bought it because it was cheap and would do what I needed it to do. I didn't want anything super expensive, and didn't need TOO much power because it's going to be used mostly just for school stuff.
    I'm not planning on moving any neo things at all over here, much easier to get things done when I don't have any other distractions in the background lol. I figured out the google versions of microsoft office, and have a standalone notepad app that I use a lot for taking notes about things. Overall Im pretty happy with it.
    Awesome! I'd get one if there was a nice little touchscreen notebook I'm too used to the touchscreen on my current laptop so I'd be poking the screen for hours trying to figure out why it's not working LOL

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    2d 14h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) the acer c720P is touchscreen and the chromebooks are very awesome!

Also you can you ACTUAL office from Microsoft. they have an APP in the APP store for Word, Excel, and Powerpoint

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zyocuh For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-29-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by zyocuh View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) the acer c720P is touchscreen and the chromebooks are very awesome!

Also you can you ACTUAL office from Microsoft. they have an APP in the APP store for Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
    Oh, thanks! I like that one

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I find myself wanting to use a touchscreen too since my main laptop is touchscreen, but it's not TOO big of a shift.
    I like the multi gesture track pad on the chromebook, works good enough for me. Just use two fingers on it to scroll down and it works just the same. It's almost easier even!
    SO far I'm liking it. I've got my google drive all set up with folders and such for class. The only thing I really needed was a standalone app that functions as a notepad. I didn't like the one that came with the chromebook, but I got one thats just called "Text" and it works for what I needed.