13/0
    Mentioned
    416 times
    Time Online
    50d 2h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

Tips on improving your grade

I need some help. Im getting a decent average right now but I need a higher average to make up for last year soo if anybody has any tips that would be amazing!

Basically I want to transfer to one of the top schools in the country and improve my admittance average for next year.
    Last edited by Cub; 10-24-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    17h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Hmm, I have some tips for you:

- Make flashcards. Seriously. Study with them for a little but everyday, you will be so much more prepared when a test or quiz rolls around.

- Read the chapters that will be covered in class before you actually go to class. You will be able to retain and understand the material much more easily.

- Colour code everything- you will be able to find you notes, flashcards, etc. much more easily and organized = better grades

- Take breaks. You can't study 24/7 or else you will not remember anything.

- Make little goals and meet them. For example, say "I will study chapter 8 before 6 pm" instead of "I will study tonight". If you make a little goal and meet it, you will feel accomplished and motivated.

- Set rewards. For each class you get above a certain average in, for example, let yourself buy something (inexpensive if you're broke) you've been wanting for a while. You will have a lot more motivation to do well.

- Start on homework not as soon as you were assigned it, but as soon as you feel you can do it confidently. If you need to, review your notes or study for a more important test/class before doing homework. That being said, don't put it off too long and make sure you always do it.

If you need any more tips, feel free to pm me! I can help with specific classes too if they're in a math/science field.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilere For This Useful Post:

Cub (10-24-2014),Maki (10-24-2014),♥ Munna ♥ (10-24-2014)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Get close with your teachers. Show them you are interested. This will not only get them to give you better marks but having an interest in the class will help you study and do better on tests.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

5. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Cub (10-24-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    18h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    I need some help. Im getting a decent average right now but I need a higher average to make up for last year soo if anybody has any times that would be amazing!

Basically I want to transfer to one of the top schools in the country and improve my admittance average for next year.
    Show up to school more than once a week and stop doing drugs, worked for me.

EDIT: I half change my answer, why do you want to go to school? If it's not for something that absolutely requires a degree (surgeon, lawyer) stop wasting your time, effort and money immediately.
    Last edited by sockopen; 10-24-2014 at 02:57 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sockopen For This Useful Post:

Cub (10-24-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    48d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Depends on the size & type of the classes.. mostly lecture or seminar, mostly curved or not, mostly essays or exams?

Getting to know your professor is pretty solid advice. Asking them how you can do better in the class (NOT how you can improve your grade) is also good. If it's a lecture class, there is nothing better than having a study buddy. The person who I study with in my geology class isn't quite as quick on the uptake as I am, but he keeps me on track & explaining things to him help me understand better. This may just be one of the very few lecture classes I get a 4.0 in. If you are in small seminar classes, participating in class is huge. Come to class prepared with something to say. Always do the reading. Never skip class, unless you're on your deathbed. Professors in seminars are more likely to be influenced by biases (whether or not they like you, etc.) I am convinced that a couple of my classes I only received A's in because my professors liked me... SO yeah. Don't be annoying, but do participate & stay on friendly terms with your profs. And do show interest in what they do. Also, if you're taking any classes where you have to write papers, especially poli sci/sociology/english classes, read at least one or two things that your professor has written. The more you know about how your professor thinks and writes, the more likely you are to ace your essays.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Naomi For This Useful Post:

Maki (10-24-2014)